My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chair

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If you do not believe the Bible to be the infallible truth of God, You're not a believer.

Matthew 28:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Why do you think quoting a few Bible verses is going to convince someone who has just said: "I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense."?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Why do you think quoting a few Bible verses is going to convince someone who has just said: "I don't follow all that's in the Bible and have been mocked becaseu of it. I pick and choose that make sense."?

what makes you think BR is trying to convince the troll?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Thank you. I would like to offer some insights I have gained through scripture.

1. God is the Maker of All Things, and all people....every soul. Psalm 50:12 Acts 7:49-50,

In Ezekiel chapter 18, God is quoted directly as claiming all souls are His. I would like to restate, all souls are Gods. All means all.

2. Every soul returns to God when they die. Ecc. 12:7

“Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.”

Since God is the source of life for every human being, it stands to reason that all souls return to him. What I like about this idea is that it is inclusive of all and excludes no one, in contrast to the religion of so many around here who hate those who are not like them, do not share the same beliefs, or practice different faith.

That is as it should be if in fact there is ONE and only ONE God.

all souls return to God yes

you have that right

this is the part you ignore:

all souls return to God to be judged

not all souls remain with God, most are cast out into the outer darkness

way 2 go

or others who might be following along

chair - you've been here thirteen years - have you ever seen someone like Guyver persuaded to adjust his beliefs?
Guyver is looking for like minded lost people like himself .

2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
2Ti 4:4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Guyver is looking for like minded lost people like himself .

2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
2Ti 4:4 And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths.

That could be funny......if it weren't so sad.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
all souls return to God yes

you have that right

this is the part you ignore:

all souls return to God to be judged

not all souls remain with God, most are cast out into the outer darkness

You haven't the foggiest idea of where any soul goes....let alone your own. Can you even prove that you actually have a soul? You're a daisy if you do.

HisServant

Hearers and not doers... people that yap about this and that yet care for no one but themselves. We have a lot of yappers on this site that will jump right on you about this or that, but do nothing for their savior.
This is one of the reasons I seldom attend church any more as they are overly obsessed with themselves and do little for their communities.

Hearing and Doing the Word

19Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

26If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless. 27Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hearers and not doers... people that yap about this and that yet care for no one but themselves. We have a lot of yappers on this site that will jump right on you about this or that, but do nothing for their savior.
This is one of the reasons I seldom attend church any more as they are overly obsessed with themselves and do little for their communities.

Hearing and Doing the Word

19Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

26If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless. 27Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Is that the answer to I asked of you?

bibleverse2

There is no hell aside from the one that we are already living in.

What do you base that belief on?

For note that God's own Word the Holy Bible shows that there are two literal hells, one temporal and one eternal. The temporal hell, called "Hades" in Greek (Luke 16:23, G0086), and "Sheol" in Hebrew (Psalms 86:13, H7585), is where the souls of non-Christians go when they die, and where they are tormented by flame (Luke 16:23-24). Before Jesus Christ's first coming, Hades was also where the souls of saved people went when they died. But the part of Hades for the saved was a place of comfort (Luke 16:25).

After Jesus Christ fulfilled the Gospel by suffering and dying on the Cross for our sins, and rising physically from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), He went down into Hades and preached the fulfillment of the Gospel to the souls there (1 Peter 3:19; 1 Peter 4:6), and then drew the souls of obedient believers there who had died in faith (Hebrews 11:13) up with Him when He ascended into heaven (Ephesians 4:8-9, Hebrews 12:22-24). Since then, the souls of obedient Christians go directly into heaven to be with Jesus when they die (Philippians 1:21,23; 2 Corinthians 5:8, Revelation 6:9-11).

At Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming, He will bring with Him from heaven the souls of all obedient Christians who have ever died (1 Thessalonians 4:14), and their bodies will be physically resurrected into immortality at that time (1 Thessalonians 4:16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,52-53). They will then reign on the earth with Jesus for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). After the 1,000 years and subsequent events (Revelation 20:7-10), all non-Christians of all times will be physically resurrected out of Hades and judged (Revelation 20:12-13) and then cast into the eternal hell, called the lake of fire and brimstone (Revelation 20:15, Revelation 21:8), where they will be tormented along with Satan and his fallen angels forever (Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11). This eternal hell is also called "Gehenna" in Greek (Luke 12:5, Mark 9:45-46, G1067), and "Tophet" in Hebrew (Isaiah 30:33, H8613).

Tophet was also the name of a place in ancient times called the valley of Hinnom (2 Kings 23:10), just outside the southern wall of Jerusalem (Joshua 15:8). "Gehenna" literally means "the valley (ge) of Hinnom". Just as the ancient Tophet/Gehenna was outside one wall of ancient Jerusalem, so the eternal Gehenna, the lake of fire, will be outside one wall of New Jerusalem (Revelation 22:15, Revelation 21:8) on a future, New Earth (Revelation 21:1-8), as in a new surface for the earth. Christians will go forth from New Jerusalem on the New Earth to witness the eternal torment of non-Christians in the lake of fire (Isaiah 66:24, Mark 9:46, Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11).

bibleverse2

One of the things that I think is a really big deal is the Bible being wrong about the end of the world. According to the Bible we should all be dead right now and this world over.

What Bible verse are you thinking of here?

For note that nothing in the Bible requires that.

For example, even though the "last days" began in the first century AD with Jesus Christ's first coming (Hebrews 1:2) and the Holy Spirit's pouring-out at the Pentecost in Acts 2 (Acts 2:16-17), the last days can still be the last three, roughly 1,000-year "days" (2 Peter 3:8, Psalms 90:4), of the seven, roughly 1,000-year "days" from the creation of Adam in roughly 4,000 BC to the future end of the present earth and the creation of the New Earth (Revelation 21:1), as in a new surface for the earth, in roughly 3,000 AD. So the last "days" can be the roughly 3,000 years from Jesus' first coming to sometime after the future Millennium (of Revelation 20:4-6), which Millennium (1,000 years) will be part of the last, 1,000-year "day" (2 Peter 3:8), which could begin at Jesus' future, Second Coming (1 Corinthians 1:7-8).

I don’t believe there is any such place as hell or any such person as the devil.

On what do you base your belief in the non-existence of the devil?

For note that God's own Word the Holy Bible shows that there is indeed a devil:

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And note that even some humans (not you) are of the devil:

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 ¶Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What Bible verse are you thinking of here?

Many. It would take more time than I have at the moment to answer this question. Did you happen to notice that I said it took me years of research to come to my conclusions?

For note that nothing in the Bible requires that.

For example, even though the "last days" began in the first century AD with Jesus Christ's first coming (Hebrews 1:2) and the Holy Spirit's pouring-out at the Pentecost in Acts 2 (Acts 2:16-17), the last days can still be the last three, roughly 1,000-year "days" (2 Peter 3:8, Psalms 90:4), of the seven, roughly 1,000-year "days" from the creation of Adam in roughly 4,000 BC to the future end of the present earth and the creation of the New Earth (Revelation 21:1), as in a new surface for the earth, in roughly 3,000 AD. So the last "days" can be the roughly 3,000 years from Jesus' first coming to sometime after the future Millennium (of Revelation 20:4-6), which Millennium (1,000 years) will be part of the last, 1,000-year "day" (2 Peter 3:8), which could begin at Jesus' future, Second Coming (1 Corinthians 1:7-8).

Are you attempting to argue that "one day is as a thousand years" is some actual spiritual time dimension allowing God to microcondense real people years into some make believe sequence?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem disrespectful to your beliefs....but with the mindset you have here, I don't think we can help each other.

I would leave you with one thing I think you should know......considering that you believe Adam was the first man. There is scientific evidence proving beyond the shadow of any doubt that human beings have been alive for much longer than 6,000 years ago. So, if God made Adam and Eve, as that bible story claims..... he did it much earlier than 4,000 BC.

FWIW

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Many. It would take more time than I have at the moment to answer this question. Did you happen to notice that I said it took me years of research to come to my conclusions?

Are you attempting to argue that "one day is as a thousand years" is some actual spiritual time dimension allowing God to microcondense real people years into some make believe sequence?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem disrespectful to your beliefs....but with the mindset you have here, I don't think we can help each other.

I would leave you with one thing I think you should know......considering that you believe Adam was the first man. There is scientific evidence proving beyond the shadow of any doubt that human beings have been alive for much longer than 6,000 years ago. So, if God made Adam and Eve, as that bible story claims..... he did it much earlier than 4,000 BC.

FWIW
Why not September of 4004 BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.