My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, not always. What do you think Jesus meant when he spoke of eating his flesh?

It is symbolism for making commitment to Him.

Everyone is of the world. This is where we were born, it’s where we live, and it’s where all of us are going to die. Rather than making doctrines that divide people, I think it’s high time people learned how to respect one another and their right to believe as they see fit.

Jesus teachings are for His followers who wants to inherit His kingdom. If we don't abandon this life, we will not be born again.

As long as they are not harming others. If they are harming other people, animals, or the planet, then they are wrong. IMO.

Jesus standard is not the same as the world. It is super high.

His followers are working for God's kingdom.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
It is symbolism for making commitment to Him.

Terrible symbolism. Did you know that eating people is a real thing? Yeah. It is. Hundreds of years ago, sailors traveled the world by ship. The history of it is quite amazing, should you care to do some research. Anyway, they were terrified to be shipwrecked near New Guinea because the native there would eat them.

Additionally, in extreme cases of life and death, people just like you and me have had to eat each other to stay alive. Ones first instinct may be to say that they would never do such a thing, yet, one doesn’t know what one could do if they were starving. Have you ever been starving? A little study on what happens can show that some people can literally lose their minds from it.

Jesus teachings are for His followers who wants to inherit His kingdom. If we don't abandon this life, we will not be born again.

That is a belief expressed by many religions over the years, and even some current ones in addition to Christianity.

Jesus standard is not the same as the world. It is super high.

His followers are working for God's kingdom.

Please express these super high standards. Break it down and don’t hold back. Teach me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Terrible symbolism. Did you know that eating people is a real thing? Yeah. It is. Hundreds of years ago, sailors traveled the world by ship. The history of it is quite amazing, should you care to do some research. Anyway, they were terrified to be shipwrecked near New Guinea because the native there would eat them.

Additionally, in extreme cases of life and death, people just like you and me have had to eat each other to stay alive. Ones first instinct may be to say that they would never do such a thing, yet, one doesn’t know what one could do if they were starving. Have you ever been starving? A little study on what happens can show that some people can literally lose their minds from it.

That is a belief expressed by many religions over the years, and even some current ones in addition to Christianity.

Please express these super high standards. Break it down and don’t hold back. Teach me.

Jesus says to love your enemy. This is the core of Jesus' teaching.

Aimiel

Your posts remind me of a sermon I once heard about being so heavenly minded one is no earthly good. It seems you attempt to spiritualize everything and project your preconceived notions which are not even based on fact.

First you say I’m self-deceived, then I’m deceived by the devil or a demon, and now you’ve got me with a “god complex.”

I wish you would make up your mind because all of those things can’t be true.
I believe that all three are true, regarding you. :idunno:

Aimiel

If you would merely hold still long enough and seek God with all of your heart, you would find Him. He promised that you would. You just aren't holding Him to it. You have to corner God for Him to yield to you.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
If you would merely hold still long enough and seek God with all of your heart, you would find Him. He promised that you would. You just aren't holding Him to it. You have to corner God for Him to yield to you.

Been there, done that. I’m gonna give you one, I hope you can appreciate.

When you go all the way in...you know what you find? This is hard....at first....you find nothing.

Go see for yourself. It might take three days in a closet, but give it a shot.

Aimiel

Been there, done that. I’m gonna give you one, I hope you can appreciate.

When you go all the way in...you know what you find? This is hard....at first....you find nothing.

Go see for yourself. It might take three days in a closet, but give it a shot.
Sorry... I sought and found Him. :thumb:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That is good. That’s what love is on its highest level. You have answered wisely.

lets go into more in detail.

How do we excercise this to the world wide, not just in our country nor our own neghborhood?

thats what Jesus' servants are supporst do do.

Jesus' messages and love is for the whole world.

That's why Jesus is the Truth for the world.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
“When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion........

If he were here now I cam quite sure he would say not to take that statement to seriously. He was a Bible believing God-fearing man.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
lets go into more in detail.

How do we excercise this to the world wide, not just in our country nor our own neghborhood?

thats what Jesus' servants are supporst do do.

Jesus' messages and love is for the whole world.

That's why Jesus is the Truth for the world.

We change the world one person at a time beginning with ourselves. We make ourselves better people by treating others with love, respect, and kindness, understanding that this is what God would have us do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We change the world one person at a time beginning with ourselves. We make ourselves better people by treating others with love, respect, and kindness, understanding that this is what God would have us do.

How about our ocupation? How about killing our enemy using God and Jesus' name?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
How about our ocupation? How about killing our enemy using God and Jesus' name?

Doesn’t the Bible teach you that ALL people were made by God, in his image? If God made all people, and they are special to him as the Bible teaches.....then how would it be OK to kill them?

As you already stated, Jesus said love your enemies, not hunt them down and kill them in my name.

How could people get this so confused?

Like the people in the OT who thought God told them to kill, they were wrong, and they were just following the warlike practices of all the other pagan people.

Love is as love does. So, you occupy yourself in this world, your space. You control yourself and do right until you die. That’s how you serve God and occupy this place.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Doesn’t the Bible teach you that ALL people were made by God, in his image? If God made all people, and they are special to him as the Bible teaches.....then how would it be OK to kill them?

As you already stated, Jesus said love your enemies, not hunt them down and kill them in my name.

How could people get this so confused?

Like the people in the OT who thought God told them to kill, they were wrong, and they were just following the warlike practices of all the other pagan people.

Love is as love does. So, you occupy yourself in this world, your space. You control yourself and do right until you die. That’s how you serve God and occupy this place.

Are you a pro-military?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You said we are killers. Do you mean for believing the Bible?

No. I mean people kill each other. Just pick up a history book and read it. You will read about our killing each other from the beginning. You also know that we kill to eat....right?

When you eat a bacon cheeseburger, you kill a cow and a pig. Not directly of course, but your money pays for the slaughter of those animals. In the old days, people killed their own animals to eat.

So....we are killers by nature and by necessity. Yet, in today’s world, we no longer have to be. We can choose not to be. Well guess what....so can God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No. I mean people kill each other. Just pick up a history book and read it. You will read about our killing each other from the beginning. You also know that we kill to eat....right?

When you eat a bacon cheeseburger, you kill a cow and a pig. Not directly of course, but your money pays for the slaughter of those animals. In the old days, people killed their own animals to eat.

So....we are killers by nature and by necessity. Yet, in today’s world, we no longer have to be. We can choose not to be. Well guess what....so can God.

I think you are saying that you believe God to be a killer even as man is a killer if you read history.

By the way I only eat kosher foods, including no meat and dairy in the same meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.