My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
May Gods blessings be returned to you Jacob.

You didn’t answer the question. What does it mean to love the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength?

It seems to me that all means all and not some, so I just wanted to know from you how a person obeys that commandment. ?
I believe that it is said if you love Me keep My commandments.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I believe that it is said if you love Me keep My commandments.

That’s a good answer Jacob. It came from Jesus....right? Yet, it doesn’t answer the question about what it means to love God with all your heart, mind, and strength. I hate to speak for you, but loving God by always keeping his commandments, seems a pretty good application.

Did you know that Jesus also believed in keeping the commandments for salvation? In the gospels, Jesus said to the rich young ruler, that one should keep the commandments if one wished to live.

But there are so many....so he asked...which ones. Then Jesus told him. He replied that he had kept all these since a child, yet something was missing.

And what was missing? Maybe it was fully doing the first commandment because real love is sacrificial and it costs you something.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
So you decided that serving Jesus does not worth it?

Hmmmn. I guess that’s one way to say it. Another way to say it is that I found it necessary to sacrifice all beliefs and preconceived notions not based on fact or experience in order to apply myself to the seeking of truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That’s a good answer Jacob. It came from Jesus....right? Yet, it doesn’t answer the question about what it means to love God with all your heart, mind, and strength. I hate to speak for you, but loving God by always keeping his commandments, seems a pretty good application.

Did you know that Jesus also believed in keeping the commandments for salvation? In the gospels, Jesus said to the rich young ruler, that one should keep the commandments if one wished to live.

But there are so many....so he asked...which ones. Then Jesus told him. He replied that he had kept all these since a child, yet something was missing.

And what was missing? Maybe it was fully doing the first commandment because real love is sacrificial and it costs you something.
It sounds like you are preaching which may be a real good thing.

Salvation by grace through faith and not works, but faith has works too.

I am not sure about your interpretation but it may be good for you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hmmmn. I guess that’s one way to say it. Another way to say it is that I found it necessary to sacrifice all beliefs and preconceived notions not based on fact or experience in order to apply myself to the seeking of truth.

I am sorry to hear that because it seems you have a potential to be powerful witness to serve Jesus if you give whole you to Him.

thanks for sharing your faith.

blessings.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I am sorry to hear that because it seems you have a potential to be powerful witness to serve Jesus if you give whole you to Him.

thanks for sharing your faith.

blessings.

Your blessings be returned and magnified.

I thank you for saying what you said, but I believe I speak for Jesus when I speak the truth. In a way.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your blessings be returned and magnified.

I thank you for saying what you said, but I believe I speak for Jesus when I speak the truth. In a way.

If you claim to be His follower, and people see your godly works, they might consider following Jesus too.

Aimiel

What do you know of self-deception Aimiel? I’m very interested in hearing what you’ve learned about it since you didn’t place me on ignore.

I’d also like to know how you came up with that judgement; since you consider me self-deceived.
You've fooled yourself into thinking that your theology is valid. You believe that your eternal destiny is tied to your 'goodness' and your deeds. You don't realize that the first one to deceive himself with those lies then deceived a large part of the angelic host with the same lies. It's nothing new: you shall not surely die.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You've fooled yourself into thinking that your theology is valid. You believe that your eternal destiny is tied to your 'goodness' and your deeds. You don't realize that the first one to deceive himself with those lies then deceived a large part of the angelic host with the same lies. It's nothing new: you shall not surely die.

Dude. You literally couldn’t even answer a question. You may as well say sonygerb. Why can’t you answer such a simple question?

The question was what do you know about deception; specifically self-deception. You couldn’t even speak to it and you had to preach.

Fail.

Aimiel

My post stands. I can't help but preach, knowing Truth, personally. Jesus is Truth. Your self-deception is exposed.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
My post stands. I can't help but preach, knowing Truth, personally. Jesus is Truth. Your self-deception is exposed.

Your post stands for nothing other than your highly programmed opinion. In fact, you failed to not only define what you accused me of, but you couldn’t even identify the mechanism you use to judge by.

It may be that you just don’t like what I say, and you don’t even know why. Well derp. Sorry, you bring nothing to the party.

Of course, you’re welcome to be that “one guy” at the party if you want to.

I suggest you learn what you’re talking about before you say stuff.

oatmeal

“When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to discuss it, because it was the chief goal of my intellectual and spiritual efforts for so many years...that is the practice of “right religion.”

Yet, earlier on this forum I claimed that I have no religion. I should clarify that. To be more precise, I reject all of the worlds religions of which I am aware.

Like Abraham Lincoln, a take a more simple and straightforward approach to religion. In my practice, I seek and venerate truth. I hope to be able to discuss this, and offer my views of God and my religion in this thread.

So, the first principle of my religion is that truth supersedes belief.

Truth does supersede belief.

Truth is truth whether anyone believes it or not.

The prophets and for that matter whenever anyone spoke truth it not necessarily accepted let alone believed thus acted upon.

For me the Word of God scripture the Bible is truth. I fall short in believing it 100% accurately but for me scripture alone is the written Word of God.

oatmeal

So, the first principle of Rejective Knowism is that truth supersedes belief. And a related sub principle is that in order to arrive at truth, one must be willing to sacrifice all beliefs.

Well, my religion accepts all seekers of truth, so we allow for those who can’t go all in. If one cannot be willing to abandon all beliefs in order to arrive at truth, then they must be willing to question all beliefs with the highest scrutiny. If they can’t do this, then Rejective Knowism is not for them. They should find another religion because this one won’t work for them.

There are many other religions available to choose from where people don’t have to really think too much.

Good point about being willing to sacrifice our beliefs in order to learn the truth.

The unwillingness of most of or should I say much of denominational Christianity has denied itself from getting close to God because they exalt traedition, emotion, preconceived notions, science falsely so called, themselves, peer pressure, culture, reputations, money.... above the Word of God.

Thus their doctrines are riddled with error.

oatmeal

If one has a question about something that is not known, Rejective Knowism requires that they suspend final judgement on the matter until more facts come to light.

So, a person in this religion can actually be comforted by saying, “I don’t know?!” And that is ok.

It is OK to admit that you don’t really know in this religion, and you are not judged for it. We believe in loving people where they are. We believe in helping people along and assist them in progressing cognitively.

I hope this helps because it is a labor of love.

Love. That is another thing about this member of Rejective Knowism....I believe God is love, just like the Bible says. So, Rejective Knowists actually believe some Bible.

Indeed honesty requires that we admit to ourselves and to others at times that we don't know

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Translation of Guyver's post: "I am that I am."

Your posts remind me of a sermon I once heard about being so heavenly minded one is no earthly good. It seems you attempt to spiritualize everything and project your preconceived notions which are not even based on fact.

First you say I’m self-deceived, then I’m deceived by the devil or a demon, and now you’ve got me with a “god complex.”

I wish you would make up your mind because all of those things can’t be true. It should be a lesson for you to follow your master Jesus and judge not. Don’t you have enough to judge yourself on already?

But, if you are going to judge.....judge rightly. That’s why just being quiet is sometimes the best choice. That way, one doesn’t make such obvious mistakes so frequently.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
“When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to discuss it, because it was the chief goal of my intellectual and spiritual efforts for so many years...that is the practice of “right religion.”

Yet, earlier on this forum I claimed that I have no religion. I should clarify that. To be more precise, I reject all of the worlds religions of which I am aware.

Like Abraham Lincoln, a take a more simple and straightforward approach to religion. In my practice, I seek and venerate truth. I hope to be able to discuss this, and offer my views of God and my religion in this thread.

So, the first principle of my religion is that truth supersedes belief.

Have you ever thought that the Truth is much simple than what most religious people making out to be, including mainstream Christian world?

BTW, this is an excellent thread.

thank you.

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever thought that the Truth is much simple than what most religious people making out to be, including mainstream Christian world?

Yes, I agree. I think many times the simplest truths are the most profound. Like E= MC ^2 or, Jesus wept. Or, my favorite bible verse, God is love.

BTW, this is an excellent thread.

thank you.

Thank you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I agree. I think many times the simplest truths are the most profound. Like E= MC ^2 or, Jesus wept. Or, my favorite bible verse, God is love.

Thank you.

I am talking about Jesus' teachings. don't you agree that His teachings are easy and simple to understand?

They are not easy to practice for most of us because we love the world.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

So in orders to be blessed by His teachings is that we ought to strive to get rid of worldly mentality and life styles.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I am talking about Jesus' teachings. don't you agree that His teachings are easy and simple to understand?

No, not always. What do you think Jesus meant when he spoke of eating his flesh?

They are not easy to practice for most of us because we love the world.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

So in orders to be blessed by His teachings is that we ought to strive to get rid of worldly mentality and life styles.

Everyone is of the world. This is where we were born, it’s where we live, and it’s where all of us are going to die. Rather than making doctrines that divide people, I think it’s high time people learned how to respect one another and their right to believe as they see fit.

As long as they are not harming others. If they are harming other people, animals, or the planet, then they are wrong. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.