My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I mean, not really. In fact, barely. You take the small amount of text regarding love and God compared to the volume of text on laws, it’s miniscule. It would be my pleasure to study it out and break it down for you sometime if possible. I’m just really busy right now. It’s hard to be able to devote so much time to the computer.
Okay.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 NASB - "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Matthew 22:35-40 NASB - One of them, a lawyer, asked Him [a question,] testing Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Mark 12:28-34 NASB - One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." The scribe said to Him, "Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM; AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." When Jesus saw that he had answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that, no one would venture to ask Him any more questions.

Romans 13:8-10 NASB - Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of [the] law.

Galatians 5:14 NASB - For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the [statement,] "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:8 NASB - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Luke 10:25-28 NASB - And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Okay.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 NASB - "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Matthew 22:35-40 NASB - One of them, a lawyer, asked Him [a question,] testing Him, "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Mark 12:28-34 NASB - One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." The scribe said to Him, "Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that HE IS ONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE BESIDES HIM; AND TO LOVE HIM WITH ALL THE HEART AND WITH ALL THE UNDERSTANDING AND WITH ALL THE STRENGTH, AND TO LOVE ONE'S NEIGHBOR AS HIMSELF, is much more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." When Jesus saw that he had answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." After that, no one would venture to ask Him any more questions.

Romans 13:8-10 NASB - Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled [the] law. For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of [the] law.

Galatians 5:14 NASB - For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the [statement,] "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:8 NASB - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Luke 10:25-28 NASB - And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."

Dude. You literally just posted a bunch of scripture from the New Testament. The point was love and God in the Old Testament. You got one verse.

Let me ask you.....do you consider the Word of God so pure that one verse can be taken out and it is truth as important as any other......

Or....does this one verse have more “power” than other bible words?

Actually....the topic was love and God in the Torah. You throw Psalms in and you do hear about loving God. But the Psalms are not the law. So...anyway.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

Jacob, I believe the principle from the Bible that you are advocating is “Love the Lord God and love your neighbor as yourself.”

I don’t have any problem with that. If it could be expressed as I think you intended, that would be great.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

You know what that means? It means take care of the people in your community and that is a wonderful principle that i absolutely believe in.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don’t follow any of the worlds religions. I prefer to allow God to teach me the way he does naturally.

I have learned so much from Jesus how to live meaningful life.

When I was a non-believer, I did not have stable guideline. I was just following what society expects from me.

And it was a chaotic life.

Jesus literally gave me life.

That's why I trust everything what He teaches.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I have learned so much from Jesus how to live meaningful life.

When I was a non-believer, I did not have stable guideline. I was just following what society expects from me.

And it was a chaotic life.

Jesus literally gave me life.

That's why I trust everything what He teaches.

Good for you. I am happy to hear that.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Jacob,

That is the scripture you posted I wanted to ask you about. What do you think it means to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and strength?

I mean, a person can work themselves to death. This is a real thing, not just an expression. It was so common in Japan after WWII they actually have a word for it. It means, “worked himself to death.” So, people can do a lot.

Must one work themselves to death loving God to give 100 percent?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
There was a Hindu man who wanted to be closer to God, so he decided to raise his right arm above his head, and keep it there always, as a sign of his faith. He was reaching out to God.

His arm stuck. It literally atrophied to the point of being useless.

I’d say he gave 100 percent on that one. What about you?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
There was a Buddhist Monk protesting the war in Vietnam who lit himself on fire and burned himself to death. It’s a fact you can verify by finding it on you tube.

He wasn’t crazy or in drugs, he placed himself in a meditative state.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, I’m having a hard time with this little tiny computer. Anyway, this monk sets himself on fire and burns to death in the lotus position, and he doesn’t even scream out loud.

Can you believe that? Do you know what it would be like to be on fire?

I’d say that guy gave 100 percent.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Dude. You literally just posted a bunch of scripture from the New Testament. The point was love and God in the Old Testament. You got one verse.

Let me ask you.....do you consider the Word of God so pure that one verse can be taken out and it is truth as important as any other......

Or....does this one verse have more “power” than other bible words?

Actually....the topic was love and God in the Torah. You throw Psalms in and you do hear about loving God. But the Psalms are not the law. So...anyway.

Jacob, I believe the principle from the Bible that you are advocating is “Love the Lord God and love your neighbor as yourself.”

I don’t have any problem with that. If it could be expressed as I think you intended, that would be great.

“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

You know what that means? It means take care of the people in your community and that is a wonderful principle that i absolutely believe in.
:)

God bless.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Jacob,

That is the scripture you posted I wanted to ask you about. What do you think it means to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and strength?

I mean, a person can work themselves to death. This is a real thing, not just an expression. It was so common in Japan after WWII they actually have a word for it. It means, “worked himself to death.” So, people can do a lot.

Must one work themselves to death loving God to give 100 percent?

There was a Hindu man who wanted to be closer to God, so he decided to raise his right arm above his head, and keep it there always, as a sign of his faith. He was reaching out to God.

His arm stuck. It literally atrophied to the point of being useless.

I’d say he gave 100 percent on that one. What about you?

There was a Buddhist Monk protesting the war in Vietnam who lit himself on fire and burned himself to death. It’s a fact you can verify by finding it on you tube.

Sorry, I’m having a hard time with this little tiny computer. Anyway, this monk sets himself on fire and burns to death in the lotus position, and he doesn’t even scream out loud.

Can you believe that? Do you know what it would be like to be on fire?

I’d say that guy gave 100 percent.
No worries.

k0de

A Hindu and a Buddhist. Huh. Bad claim. But they were on Hindu and Buddistism. What that has to do with the Bible?

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
A Hindu and a Buddhist. Huh. Bad claim. But they were on Hindu and Buddistism. What that has to do with the Bible?

Everything.

You don’t believe that some people are Gods and others are not do you? Did God make everyone, or just some people?

If God didn’t make everyone, and only made some, then where did the other people come from? Who made them?

There’s this movie called the Edge, starring Anthony Hopkins, and in this movie he says, “What one man can do, another man can do.”

All people are people kOde, and that makes us all the same. Did you know that all different kinds of people can mate and produce children?

An Australian Aborigine can mate with a Scottish Highlander and produce children.

Does Jesus love all the children of the world, or just some of the children?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
:)

God bless.

May Gods blessings be returned to you Jacob.

You didn’t answer the question. What does it mean to love the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength?

It seems to me that all means all and not some, so I just wanted to know from you how a person obeys that commandment. ?

k0de

Everything.

You don’t believe that some people are Gods and others are not do you? Did God make everyone, or just some people?

If God didn’t make everyone, and only made some, then where did the other people come from? Who made them?

There’s this movie called the Edge, starring Anthony Hopkins, and in this movie he says, “What one man can do, another man can do.”

All people are people kOde, and that makes us all the same. Did you know that all different kinds of people can mate and produce children?

An Australian Aborigine can mate with a Scottish Highlander and produce children.

Does Jesus love all the children of the world, or just some of the children?
No. I meant their religion. Some people do crazy things for what they belief. Thank God for Jesus that faith sufficient.

Yes, agree we're all God's children. But only those who seek Him the only true God will spend enternity with Him.

In the world there is many god's.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
No. I meant their religion. Some people do crazy things for what they belief. Thank God for Jesus that faith sufficient.

Yes, agree we're all God's children. But only those who seek Him the only true God will spend enternity with Him.

In the world there is many god's.

You didn’t answer. Did God make everyone or not?

It doesn’t matter what religion they are, a person is a human being...made in Gods image, right?

As to the gods, there is ONE GOd, according to our beliefs...right? That means those gods are nothing.

It like football players.....you have. JJ Watt, then you have a little 60 pound pop Warner football player. A little guy like that can’t play football with JJ Watt. He’d be instantly crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.