My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Brother kOde, I want to respond to your post above and the one you made earlier, but not quote them. First of all, I want to tell you that I believe in you 100 percent because I know you have the peace and love of God. Not many have this. I want to say that I understand that what you said is love as you know it and I gladly receive it, and send Gods love and peace back to your soul.

But here’s the thing. I already believe brother. I have a relationship with God by faith.

You graciously and respectfully offered that I would be a great witness for the Lord. But I will tell you that while I don’t like to speak about myself much...I am witnessing for the Lord right now. I witness for the Lord by speaking the truth and walking in love. As best I can, being a man.

Anyway, I believe differently than you do, and most everyone else on this site most likely. I am very different in my beliefs about God and the other people around here. I know this. It is what it is, because I have been on my journey for truth a long time and it has not been an easy road. At all.

But God is good, so I’m good with it. I have so much more to learn myself, and I’m happy to share what I have learned because wisdom is worth something.

TBC

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
KOde, you said I was instinctively quoting some scriptures....it wasn’t instinct, it was on purpose because I believe it.

There are many things in the Bible I believe in, and those ideas have helped shape my faith and beliefs. I will be happy to share them here in this thread about my religion, and discuss them. It is my pleasure. I love the Lord. God is great. I just hate to say it that way because it sounds so Muslim. No disrespect to the Muslims, it just that their extremists have so completely discolored me to their faith....I just have a hard time with it. They oppress women intentionally, and that is wrong brother.

Anyway, I’ll post here when I can and time permits to express my beliefs so you and anyone else who wishes to hear it may listen and hopefully understand me better.

I have no doubt that Christians here will be judging me, as they already have been. Which is actually more of shame for them because they don’t even follow their leader Jesus who said not to do it. But whatever, false judgment don’t phase me in the slightest.

There’s three people in my life who’s opinion of me actually has extreme value.

1. God

2. Myself

3. My wife.

I care what God thinks of me, not what other people think God thinks of me. Peace. I may be able to post tomorrow.

k0de

Brother kOde, I want to respond to your post above and the one you made earlier, but not quote them. First of all, I want to tell you that I believe in you 100 percent because I know you have the peace and love of God. Not many have this.
Thank you

I want to say that I understand that what you said is love as you know it and I gladly receive it, and send Gods love and peace back to your soul.

But here’s the thing. I already believe brother. I have a relationship with God by faith.
And I believe that also. By the way that you speak I can tell.

You graciously and respectfully offered that I would be a great witness for the Lord. But I will tell you that while I don’t like to speak about myself much...I am witnessing for the Lord right now. I witness for the Lord by speaking the truth and walking in love. As best I can, being a man.
But sometimes things you say don't seem that way.

Anyway, I believe differently than you do, and most everyone else on this site most likely. I am very different in my beliefs about God and the other people around here. I know this. It is what it is, because I have been on my journey for truth a long time and it has not been an easy road. At all.
Agree! Everyone is coming with different Believes. It's very important we focus on Jesus around here and not man made doctrines.

But God is good, so I’m good with it. I have so much more to learn myself, and I’m happy to share what I have learned because wisdom is worth something.

TBC
Yes, God is good all the time. You have a ton of wisdom. And I'm waiting to hear something from you. But what you have posted this far about the Bible are all negativity. The good of the Bible out weighs the bad. Let's hear it. And I know by the way that you speak there is a ton of good about the Bible waiting to leave your mouth.

Last edited:

k0de

KOde, you said I was instinctively quoting some scriptures....it wasn’t instinct, it was on purpose because I believe it.
"There is a difference between wishing for a thing and being ready to receive it. No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it. The state of mind must be belief, not mere hope or wish. Open-mindedness is essential for belief. Closed minds do not inspire faith, courage, and belief." (NPH)

I know you do.

There are many things in the Bible I believe in, and those ideas have helped shape my faith and beliefs. I will be happy to share them here in this thread about my religion, and discuss them. It is my pleasure. I love the Lord. God is great. I just hate to say it that way because it sounds so Muslim. No disrespect to the Muslims, it just that their extremists have so completely discolored me to their faith....I just have a hard time with it. They oppress women intentionally, and that is wrong brother.
I know. I still read the Koran, book of Mormon, the watch tower, budism, and all Christians demolitions, atheism, christlogy, etc, etc. But to this day ten years later I settled with the Bible and Jesus only. Yes, I love the Lord Jesus too.

Anyway, I’ll post here when I can and time permits to express my beliefs so you and anyone else who wishes to hear it may listen and hopefully understand me better.
Thanks I'm looking forward to learn from you from the Lord.

I have no doubt that Christians here will be judging me, as they already have been. Which is actually more of shame for them because they don’t even follow their leader Jesus who said not to do it. But whatever, false judgment don’t phase me in the slightest.

There’s three people in my life who’s opinion of me actually has extreme value.

1. God

2. Myself

3. My wife.

I care what God thinks of me, not what other people think God thinks of me. Peace. I may be able to post tomorrow.
There you go. That's right God first everything else follows. Everyone opinions doesn't matter. Amen!

Peace on to you and your family Brother Guyver.

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
So... self-deceived it is.

What do you know of self-deception Aimiel? I’m very interested in hearing what you’ve learned about it since you didn’t place me on ignore.

I’d also like to know how you came up with that judgement; since you consider me self-deceived.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Yes, God is good all the time. You have a ton of wisdom. And I'm waiting to hear something from you. But what you have posted this far about the Bible are all negativity. The good of the Bible out weighs the bad. Let's hear it. And I know by the way that you speak there is a ton of good about the Bible waiting to leave your mouth.

My pleasure. I think the greatest statement in the Bible is from 1 John 4 which states God is love. That present tense verse implies not only that Gods nature is love, but that is his always present nature. IOW, since God is love, he is always that and never anything else.

Right behind that is 1 Cor 13, which exactly states just what love is, how it is expressed, manifested, demonstrated; in short.....what love DOES.

So, there’s two things from the Bible that I believe, respect, and have incorporated into my religion Brother KOde.

glorydaz

What you have said here sounds good to me so far. I do not believe that he took it out of context, but I know of what you are talking about. Psalm 1 is good too.

You're correct. Paul didn't take it out of context, but people who read what Paul write do. They should read the Psalm (which Paul knew AND UNDERSTOOD), then Paul's words would make perfect sense.

glorydaz

That's one religious interpretation.

Another one is that the doctrine of original sin is a false doctrine. It's certainly not something Jesus agreed with. Jesus, like David and Solomon, earlier bible writers than the Apostle Paul, believed that there were two kinds of people in the world. The good and the bad. The righteous and the unrighteous, the just and the unjust. He showed that little children were not born in original sin by stating that they are children of God, and they have angels in heaven.

The fact that people are born both good and bad, goes back to the story of the first two people ever born naturally....the sons of Adam. One, Cain was evil, and other Abel was righteous.

In Matthew chapter 23 verse 35, Jesus himself said Abel was righteous. In Matthew chapter nine, Jesus said, "But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Thus indicating that there were both righteous people and sinful people that exist in the world. If all the world were evil sinners, then Jesus would have said so. But he did not.

So, Jesus and Paul disagree about the doctrine of original sin....according to the bible.

Good post.

Paul did not promote the doctrine of original sin, but his words have been twisted by many to claim he did.

A worthy discussion to be had there.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Yes, God is good all the time.

I think this is so true, it bears repeating. God really does have to be good, all the time to be God. Otherwise, we’d be in hell with the devil.

You have a ton of wisdom. And I'm waiting to hear something from you. But what you have posted this far about the Bible are all negativity.

Yes. What you have said is true, and I do have many criticism about the Bible. And I have thought that I shouldn’t say them because of the people here and out of respect their right to believe. So, I’ve tried to tone it down and I haven’t broken out heavy artillary.

The Bible does not work for me as the sole basis of my faith. The Bible is unfortunately too self-contradictory to be helpful. A person must pick and choose from the Bible because it says different things about the same things.

Additionally, I have found many factual errors in the Bible, and this makes it unreliable as a sole testimony of truth, IMO.

Truth is not something that has to be wondered about or disagreed with. That’s what makes truth so beautiful.

Did you know the Bible says God is truth? It’s true. The Bible describes God nature as truth.

So, that’s another thing from the Bible I believe in kOde.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Kind of a special moon right now for Christians and all. I wonder how many even know it?

But it is beautiful. What a glorious time of year in nature...that thing that God has made.

Anyway, all the beauty in my garden at sunset reminded me how important it is to be thankful. To really appreciate the beauty of life as the wise master Solomon said.

It’s funny to me how some Christians attempt to criticize and dismiss his work. He was awesome. What a brilliant thinker.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Anyway, I equate Solomon with science in some ways and I appreciate science. It is a close and determined look at what God has made. That which is.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Did you know the Bible says God is truth? It’s true. The Bible describes God nature as truth.

What is consistent about the Bible, God and Jesus are love. Through out both OT and NT.

Jesus made it clear in the NT.

That's why I am Jesus' follower.

sorry for butting in.

blessings.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What is consistent about the Bible, God and Jesus are love. Through out both OT and NT.

Jesus made it clear in the NT.

That's why I am Jesus' follower.

sorry for butting in.

blessings.

May blessings be returned to you.

Thank God for rejective knowism; which allows me to reject what you said since I know it to be false.

What is not consistent about the Bible is God and love. So, what you said was exactly 180 degrees out....or completely off-based. It makes me wonder if you've ever even bothered to read the Old Testament.

In the Old Testament, God is said to be angry, jealous, wrathful, impatient, vengeful, hateful and in favor of killing innocent women, children, and other living things like animals.

This is EXACTLY what love is not. According to the New Testament of the Bible, Love is.....

Long-suffering
Kind
Not Envious
Not Boastful
Not Arrogant
Not Rude
Is not Provoked
Does not seek it's own
Does not take into account a wrong suffered
Does not wish harm on anyone (thinks no evil)
NEVER FAILS

1 Cor 13 NKJV

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, [c]thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. "

1 Cor 13 NASB

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails;"

The Old Testament does not show the attributes of love as claimed by the New Testament. So, I cannot receive your words are they are not true.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
May blessings be returned to you.

Thank God for rejective knowism; which allows me to reject what you said since I know it to be false.

What is not consistent about the Bible is God and love. So, what you said was exactly 180 degrees out....or completely off-based. It makes me wonder if you've ever even bothered to read the Old Testament.

I have read OT tons of times and I know what's in it.

Our standards are not the same as God's.

God says your thoughts are not my thoughts.

Are you Jesus' follower?

Jesus also says God is love.

I know many things in the OT does not harmonize with Jesus' teachings, but many things the prophets taught were exactly the same as Jesus' love.

I take all things that harmonize with Jesus' teachings.

blessings.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The commandments of the Torah are about love of God and your neighbor.

I mean, not really. In fact, barely. You take the small amount of text regarding love and God compared to the volume of text on laws, it’s miniscule. It would be my pleasure to study it out and break it down for you sometime if possible. I’m just really busy right now. It’s hard to be able to devote so much time to the computer.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I take all things that harmonize with Jesus' teachings.

blessings.

If that gives you peace in your soul, then I support you completely. If your religion makes you a good human being, or allows you to be one then it is good.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Are you Jesus' follower?

blessings.

For the past several years I have been on a journey that took me away from religion, and a quest to seek God by understanding the truth.

It has been a very, very difficult thing to do. But, now that I am through it, life is wonderful.

I mean, life still sucks...you know? Life is a miserable thing, with all the death, hate and destruction in this cold world. But there’s equal love to be found as well.

So, yeah...one must embrace the truth about what is, otherwise they’re just fooling themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.