My Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I do not know what it means to you.
What does it mean to you?

It doesn’t mean anything to me because it doesn’t make any sense. From a literal standpoint, it means to be made to look like God. An image is a picture or likeness. For example, in the New Testament Book of Matthew, chapter 22 Jesus asked people who’s image and inscription was on a coin. They responded, “Caesars.”

It was Caesar’s image that was on the coin. So, to be made in one’s image literally means to look like someone. Does that help?

ioy1273

BANNED
Banned
It doesn’t mean anything to me because it doesn’t make any sense. From a literal standpoint, it means to be made to look like God. An image is a picture or likeness. For example, in the New Testament Book of Matthew, chapter 22 Jesus asked people who’s image and inscription was on a coin. They responded, “Caesars.”

It was Caesar’s image that was on the coin. So, to be made in one’s image literally means to look like someone. Does that help?

Therefore you do not believe you
are made in the image of God.

Why didn't you just say that
in the first place.

bibleverse2

Killing is murder. It is the intentional infliction of death upon another living being.

Murder is the intentional, illegal infliction of death upon another living being. For capital punishment is not murder (Romans 13:4).

The same bible that claims "do not kill" is the very same bible that claims God told Moses to go and kill or murder people . . .

Note that God never told Moses to murder anyone. Any God-directed killing in the Old Testament was the capital punishment of sinners. Similarly, when God slew people in Noah's Flood (Genesis 6:17) for their sinfulness (Genesis 6:5), this was not murder on God's part, but capital punishment (cf. Romans 13:4). "For the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). But God can also show great mercy toward us sinners (Romans 5:8-11, Luke 18:9-14), and under the New Testament/New Covenant, Christians are never to harm anyone, even in self-defense (Matthew 5:39).

Also, it is easy to forget that even if God had not slain people in the Flood, they would have eventually died for their sins anyway, if even just from old age. And compared with eternity, there is no real difference between a life lasting, say, only two years, and a life lasting eighty years. Both are just a blink of an eye (cf. James 4:14b). So judging and reviling God for slaying people in the Flood is ultimately the same as judging and reviling God for the fact that people die from old age. And to judge and revile God for the mortality of humans is the same as judging and reviling God for not making all humans immortal no matter how sinful they are. And this reveals what ultimately underlies all human judging and reviling of God: the desire of sinful humans to get rid of God, and to live forever on their own and do whatever they want. But alas, this is an existential impossibility. For our very existence is maintained solely by God (Acts 17:28, Colossians 1:17). In this fact can begin our humility as mere humans, mere creatures, who are not the Creator, who are not God (James 4:7).

bibleverse2

The greatest freedom that I have ever experienced comes from my religion now. It is a religion based upon truth, and experience. Since I believe that God is good, I can live my life without fear about an angry God, or the afterlife being a place of suffering. This has been more freeing to me than anything, and so in that sense the truth has actually set me free.

What is your source of religious truth outside of YHWH God's own Word the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4)?

For note what Jesus said:

John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

And His word warns us of hell:

Luke 12:5 . . . Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

(See also post #257 above)

Also, why do you believe that God's goodness requires that there be no hell? For if there were no hell, then Jesus would not have had to suffer and die on the Cross for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

And Jesus Christ's suffering during His Passion was sufficient to forgive the sins of everyone (1 John 2:2) because Jesus is not only a human but also God (John 1:1,14, John 10:30, John 20:28). His soul is infinite and so the suffering of His soul (Isaiah 53:11, KJV) was infinite in amount even though it was not infinite in duration. And so His suffering could satisfy God the Father's justice (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18) which requires an infinite amount of human suffering for sin (Matthew 25:46). Because humans who are not God have finite souls, in order for them to suffer an infinite amount for their sins they must suffer over an infinite duration of time (Matthew 25:46, Revelation 14:10-11, Mark 9:46).

Every human has sinned (Romans 3:23) except Jesus Christ (Hebrews 4:15b; 2 Corinthians 5:21). But because Jesus suffered for sins (1 Peter 3:18, Isaiah 53:11, KJV) an infinite amount, when elect people repent from their sins and believe in Jesus' human/divine sacrifice they can have their past sins forgiven (Romans 3:25-26, Matthew 26:28) while God the Father's justice remains fully satisfied by Jesus' suffering for their sins (Isaiah 53:11, KJV; 1 Peter 3:18).

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What is your source of religious truth outside of YHWH God's own Word the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4)?.

“Religious truth” as you refer to it is a bit of an oxymoron because it assumes it’s own claim. So, that’s why I said you and I cannot help each other. Religious truth isn’t necessarily truth, except in the sense that the one believing in it assumes it is....as you do.

I think I have been extremely clear answering that question throughout the course of this thread. Truth is my religion. Religious truth is not my religion, real truth is.

bibleverse2

Religious truth is not my religion, real truth is.

Then why do you call it your "Religion", instead of your "real truth"?

Also, what is your source of "real truth" outside of YHWH God's own Word the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4)?

That is, on what evidence do you reject the Bible as false, and accept your alternate source as true?

bibleverse2

It's a paradoxical riddle to our mortal state of mind to grasp what being in the immortal Christ/conscience , and that immortal Christ conscience being in you actually requires of man to believe about himself, our sensory, and rationalism based in bondage to lower levels of conscience "states " of awareness constantly . . .

Note that rationalism is in no way antithetical to having the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16), but is even an integral and necessary part of it (1 Timothy 4:16).

For Christian faith must not be based solely on heart feelings, which can be very deceptive (Jeremiah 17:9, Proverbs 28:26, Proverbs 14:12), but must also be a rational/intellectual enterprise. For saving faith requires mental assent (Philippians 3:15-16, Romans 12:2; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:25, Romans 8:6) to Biblical doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4; 1 Timothy 4:16; 2 John 1:9-10; 1 Timothy 6:3, Titus 1:9) and continuing to remember that doctrine (1 Corinthians 15:2; 2 Peter 3:1-2; 2 Corinthians 11:3).

For example, for people to be saved from hell, they must believe (and continue to believe to the end: Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Colossians 1:23; 1 Corinthians 15:2) the Biblical doctrine that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36, 1 John 2:23), and that He suffered and died on the Cross for our sins and physically resurrected from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:39,46-47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

Zeke

bibleverse2;5343508]Note that rationalism is in no way antithetical to having the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16), but is even an integral and necessary part of it (1 Timothy 4:16).

Divine or Godly rationalism isn't tethered to conditional limitations or possibilities of mortal consciousness, caterpillars don't fly until they transcend by metaphorical sleep to reawaken as a new creature 2 Cor 5:17, freed from it's earthly bound stage, Matthew 19:26.

For Christian faith must not be based solely on heart feelings, which can be very deceptive (Jeremiah 17:9, Proverbs 28:26, Proverbs 14:12), but must also be a rational/intellectual enterprise. For saving faith requires mental assent (Philippians 3:15-16, Romans 12:2; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:25, Romans 8:6) to Biblical doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4; 1 Timothy 4:16; 2 John 1:9-10; 1 Timothy 6:3, Titus 1:9) and continuing to remember that doctrine (1 Corinthians 15:2; 2 Peter 3:1-2; 2 Corinthians 11:3).

The progression of faith leaves behind the doctrines of temporal flesh rationalism based on visual "portrayals" visual enactments Hebrews 6:1-5. No way around feelings when reading or hearing a story, the very reasoning behind them being dramatized by parables, allegory, symbolism, riddles, Proverbs, dark sayings, simulations to teach inner conscience principles based on feelings and how to master them Galatians 4:20-30, depending on what elevation one is at in decoding the riddle Proverbs 1:6, will determine how much these dramatized dualities retard progression in awakening out of the first elementary teachings to be left behind Philippians 3:8, 1 Cor 12:31, once the invisible application is unveiled Hebrews 9:9, Luke 17:21, 2 Cor 5:16, Romans 2:28-29. Rationalism being a two edge sword, mans verses God's will, that keeps one in outward bondage to the first elements Matt 23:13, or freed from them Hebrews 1:1-2, Galatians 4:1, by revelation from God's will Psalms 40:6.

For example, for people to be saved from hell, they must believe (and continue to believe to the end: Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Colossians 1:23; 1 Corinthians 15:2) the Biblical doctrine that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36, 1 John 2:23), and that He suffered and died on the Cross for our sins and physically resurrected from the dead on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:39,46-47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

"Awakened" by revelation Galatians 1:12, John 1:13, Matt 11:11, if your savior is anywhere but in your own I AM consciousness then your breaking the first commandment by having other Gods outside of God's dwelling which is you, hell is not knowing who you are while asleep in the valley of deaths fear maze that is a wheel of reaping and sowing faith to faith until you become owner of it all, then all things are gathered into one as an awakened Christ reconciled back to glory from where we descended into corruptible blindness 1 Cor 15:43, 15:53-54, 15:45.

1 Cor 15:1-4 is a portrayal of an inward event Ephesians 5:14, 1 Cor 15:16-19, spiritual discernment is the key to decoding the scriptures field of buried clues cloaked in mysteries presented as literal events, Luke 17:21 is where it takes place 1 Cor 15:24-25 etc.......

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Then why do you call it your "Religion", instead of your "real truth"?
You could call it anything you wish. What’s in a name besides the meaning we ascribe to it?

Also, what is your source of "real truth" outside of YHWH God's own Word the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4)?

How do you think real truth can be known? When you get that on figured out, you’ll understand me better.....if such a thing interests you that is.

That is, on what evidence do you reject the Bible as false, and accept your alternate source as true?

I don’t believe you would be interested in hearing my answer to that question as it would possibly be difficult for the faith you now hold. I’m surprised you asked the question. One shouldn’t ask questions for which they won’t like the answer to....when it comes to this type of thing anyway.

k0de

You could call it anything you wish. What’s in a name besides the meaning we ascribe to it?

How do you think real truth can be known? When you get that on figured out, you’ll understand me better.....if such a thing interests you that is.

I don’t believe you would be interested in hearing my answer to that question as it would possibly be difficult for the faith you now hold. I’m surprised you asked the question. One shouldn’t ask questions for which they won’t like the answer to....when it comes to this type of thing anyway.
Guyver one of the lost sheep of Israel, or one of the lost sheep of the mystery as per Saint Paul. The Master is still waiting for you with open arms.

Will you accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today?

You can be of excellent services to the church. [emoji120]

bibleverse2

Divine or Godly rationalism isn't tethered to conditional limitations or possibilities of mortal consciousness, caterpillars don't fly until they transcend by metaphorical sleep to reawaken as a new creature 2 Cor 5:17 . . .

Note that Biblical Christians already being new creatures (2 Corinthians 5:17) is true even while they remain in mortal bodies (2 Corinthians 4:7) with a rationalism tethered to Biblical doctrine (2 Timothy 3:15 to 4:4).

. . . awakening out of the first elementary teachings to be left behind Philippians 3:8, 1 Cor 12:31, once the invisible application is unveiled Hebrews 9:9, Luke 17:21, 2 Cor 5:16, Romans 2:28-29.

Note that none of those verses say to leave behind the visible applications of the Bible. For example, in 2 Corinthians 5:16, knowing Christ no more "after the flesh" is not literal, but a figurative reference to the letter of the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Galatians 3:2-3, Romans 7:5-6) as opposed to the spiritual ministration of the New Covenant (2 Corinthians 3:6-18).

For Christians need to be careful not to be deceived by the Gnostic/antichrist lie that Christ is not in the flesh (2 John 1:7), and that Christians will not forever be in the flesh. For the Bible shows that on the third day after His death (Luke 24:46; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4), Jesus Christ was not resurrected as a disembodied spirit, but in his human, flesh and bones body (Luke 24:39, Hebrews 2:17). That is why His tomb is empty (Matthew 28:6), and why He still has the wounds of the crucifixion on His resurrection body (John 20:25-29). And Luke 24:39 did not stop being true once Jesus ascended into heaven. For He will remain forever the human mediator/high priest of Christians (1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 7:24-26), in human flesh, just like they are in human flesh (Hebrews 2:17). And when He returns, He will still have the wounds of the crucifixion on His resurrection body (Zechariah 13:6, Zechariah 12:10-14).

Gnosticism mistakenly thinks that flesh is evil in itself, and that only pure spirit can be good. But Jesus Christ proves that flesh is not evil in itself, for He has been made flesh (John 1:1,14, Romans 1:3, Luke 24:39) and remains without sin (Hebrews 4:15). Genesis also proves that flesh is not evil in itself, but was created by God as something very good (Genesis 1:31). Adam and Eve were flesh, for they were the progenitors of the human race alive today. And they were immortal before they fell into sin, for it was only their falling into sin which made them become mortal (Genesis 2:17). So Adam and Eve started out as immortal flesh. And so the future resurrection (if dead) or changing (if alive) of Christians into immortal flesh bodies like Jesus has (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53, Philippians 3:21, Luke 24:39, Romans 8:23-25) will be God allowing them to partake of the original, immortal-flesh condition of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before their fall into sin.

Also, beware the more-general Gnostic lie that even the entire physical universe is evil in itself and that only a purely-spiritual heaven can be good. For this lie is employed by Gnosticism to wrongly revile the Creator God YHWH as an evil, tyrant, lesser god, whom Gnosticism says created the physical universe to be the foul prison house of human spirits, whom Gnosticism says by mistake fell from bliss in a purely-spiritual heaven down into the physical universe and became trapped in suffering, fleshly bodies. No doubt the future Antichrist will employ this lie as part of his utter reviling of YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36). But Genesis shows that our physical world was created by YHWH as something very good (Genesis 1:31).

And the Bible shows that the whole plan of Creation was not that humans, who are both flesh and spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23, Luke 24:39), would become purely-spiritual ghosts and float forever on clouds in a purely-spiritual heaven with God, but that God would become both flesh and spirit like man (John 1:1,14), and that God would ultimately come down from heaven to live with man on a future, New Earth (Revelation 21:1-4), as in a new surface for the earth, just as God had walked on the earth in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:8). Also, on the New Earth, Christians will be allowed to eat from the literal tree of life (Revelation 2:7, Revelation 22:2,14), just as Adam and Eve had not been forbidden to eat from it in their unfallen state (Genesis 2:9,16-17). So, with regard to Christians, God will completely undo the effect of the fall of Adam and Eve. Christians will be able to live in an earthly, physical paradise forever with God (Revelation 2:7), just as Adam and Eve and their descendants might have done had not Adam and Eve fallen into sin.

So beware the Gnostic lie. Beware the Antichrist.

. . . if your savior is anywhere but in your own I AM consciousness then your breaking the first commandment by having other Gods outside of God's dwelling which is you . . .

Are you saying that all humans are YHWH God, the great I AM (Exodus 3:14)?

If so, note that all humans, except Jesus Christ (John 8:58), are not the I AM. That is why non-Christian humans will be sent to suffer in hell forever along with Satan the dragon (Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 12:9).

. . . hell is not knowing who you are while asleep in the valley of deaths fear maze . . .

No, hell is a literal place which we must fear God sending us to after we die (Luke 12:5).

Satan would love to deceive Christians into not having this fear of God. For Satan knows that it is the lack of a fear of God which keeps people in unrepentant sin (Psalms 36:1, Psalms 10:13), and it is by the fear of God that people depart from sin (Proverbs 16:6b, Proverbs 14:27, Proverbs 3:7). And Satan can make his deceptions appear as if they are on the side of good (2 Corinthians 11:14), when in fact his deceptions reject the sound doctrine of God's Word the Bible (1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3-4), when the whole Bible is taken into consideration, instead of just taking a verse by itself and trying to misapply it (e.g. Matthew 4:6-7).

(See also post #257 above)

. . . all things are gathered into one as an awakened Christ reconciled back to glory from where we descended into corruptible blindness . . .

Note that John 8:23, John 3:31, and 1 Corinthians 15:46-47 counter the mistaken, Gnostic idea that we pre-existed as spirits (either in heaven or on a prior, purely-spiritual earth) and then came to the present earth to be conceived and born in physical bodies. For John 8:23, John 3:31, and 1 Corinthians 15:46-47 show that only Jesus Christ came down from heaven to the present earth, while we are all from the present earth, and our first existence is in our present, physical bodies.

bibleverse2

How do you think real truth can be known?

Only by knowing Jesus Christ. For:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And we must continue in His Word the Holy Bible. For:

John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed . . .

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

What have you turned to as your source of truth outside of the Bible?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Will you accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today?

Thank you kOde, I know you mean well. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions about your proposition.

If I accepted Jesus Christs as my Lord and Savior today, would I need to do it again tomorrow for any reason? Or the next day, week, month, year or decade? What would accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior do for me? Would I then need to also start religious practice of studying the bible, going to church, giving 10% of my money to the church, get baptized and begin to go out into all the world to preach the gospel?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Only by knowing Jesus Christ. For:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And we must continue in His Word the Holy Bible. For:

John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed . . .

Snipped for space.

So, bibleverse2....you answer to the question of how to know real truth, is comprised of two parts.

1. I need to know Jesus Christ.

2. I must study and believe the Holy Bible.

That is what you offer as a means for knowing "real truth."

My answer would look a little different than that, because I'm assuming you've never read a math book. In the study of mathematics, real truth can be observed and verified because math equations can be checked for accuracy.

I can think of situations that your idea of truth doesn't handle. Firstly, can you imagine a situation where people don't know the bible? I can....there are any number of them. Let's begin by a scenario where you were marooned on a deserted island as a child, and everyone else died besides you and there were no bibles. Not only would you never be able to be a Christian, since only the bible teaches about Jesus....but you also wouldn't be able to be a Mormon, or Catholic, or Baptist, or Jehovah Witness....or any of the other Christian Religions.

But you would know truth. You would know the truth of the world that God has made, though you may not even know that such a being as God exists. You would observe times and seasons based on nature. You would understand the truth of your need for food and water....without these things you would die.

Another example would be any one of thousands upon thousands of tribes and peoples who live all over this planet who not only have never seen a bible but don't know how to read. Can you imagine finding a bible, but never having been educated? It would mean nothing to you at all. But as in the above hypothetical, you would certainly understand truth as it pertains to existence.

k0de

Thank you kOde, I know you mean well. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions about your proposition.

If I accepted Jesus Christs as my Lord and Savior today, would I need to do it again tomorrow for any reason? Or the next day, week, month, year or decade? What would accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior do for me? Would I then need to also start religious practice of studying the bible, going to church, giving 10% of my money to the church, get baptized and begin to go out into all the world to preach the gospel?
If I accepted Jesus Christs as my Lord and Savior today, would I need to do it again tomorrow for any reason? Or the next day, week, month, year or decade? No

What would accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior do for me? Eternal life.

Would I then need to also start religious practice of studying the bible, going to church, giving 10% of my money to the church, get baptized and begin to go out into all the world to preach the gospel?

No. Work isn't required.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
If I accepted Jesus Christs as my Lord and Savior today, would I need to do it again tomorrow for any reason? Or the next day, week, month, year or decade? No

What would accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior do for me? Eternal life.

Would I then need to also start religious practice of studying the bible, going to church, giving 10% of my money to the church, get baptized and begin to go out into all the world to preach the gospel?

No. Work isn't required.

Than you KOde. So, according to your beliefs, if I’ve already accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior by willful choice, I’m saved and I never need do it again. I did it in the year 1982. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.