MATTHEW 24:3 THE SIGN OF THY COMING

DougE

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Now, you have stated above that there are 2 agendas regarding inheritance but not salvation. There is 1 agenda for salvation which leads to 2 different inheritances.

Do the Jews inherit eternal life? Or do they only inherit the kingdom on earth? And are the Jews, upon being saved, a part of the body of Christ or not? Let's say Peter, for example. He was a Jew. Where is his inheritance and is/was he a part of the body of Christ?
Or is it just the Jews that are converted when Jesus comes back that are included in the earthly inheritance?

Hello

Everyone is saved by grace through faith unto eternal life.

The Jews during the earthly ministry of Jesus, had to believe on the name of Jesus, that he is Christ, the Son of God. They were then saved unto eternal life.

During the earthly ministry of Jesus, Jews had to repent and believe the gospel of the kingdom. They were still under the old covenant. They had to believe the kingdom was at hand and be baptized for remission of sins to cleanse them to be priests in the kingdom. They had to confess Jesus, love one another, forgive, sell all, keep the law.

Neither these Jews or Peter are in the body of Christ; they are in Christ however. The body of Christ was not formed until Paul was converted and preached the gospel of Christ. Jews who believe Paul were then and now in the body of Christ.

DougE

What do you make of Rom 16:7KJV?

Hi

That is what I was saying here:

"Neither these Jews or Peter are in the body of Christ; they are in Christ however."

The Jews and Gentiles that believed Jesus to be Christ, Son of God, were saved and were in Christ.

Look at the verse from Galatians below. They were in the church of God. The church of God was persecuted by Paul before the Damascus conversion. Paul said they were in Christ.

Galatians 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

1:24 And they glorified God in me.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Hi

That is what I was saying here:

"Neither these Jews or Peter are in the body of Christ; they are in Christ however."

The Jews and Gentiles that believed Jesus to be Christ, Son of God, were saved and were in Christ.

Look at the verse from Galatians below. They were in the church of God. The church of God was persecuted by Paul before the Damascus conversion. Paul said they were in Christ.

Galatians 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

1:24 And they glorified God in me.

So you maintain that there is a difference between being "in Christ" and being a part of the the "body of Christ"?

To you they are 2 different things?

I have a further question. You have stated that it is possible to be "in Christ" without being a part of the body of Christ. Is it possible, under your system, to be a part of the body of Christ without being in Christ?

DougE

So you maintain that there is a difference between being "in Christ" and being a part of the the "body of Christ"?

To you they are 2 different things?

I have a further question. You have stated that it is possible to be "in Christ" without being a part of the body of Christ. Is it possible, under your system, to be a part of the body of Christ without being in Christ?

Hi

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. I Corinthians 15:22

Paul says in this dispensation, we are also in Christ. If one is in the body of Christ, then one is also in Christ.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Hi

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. I Corinthians 15:22

Paul says in this dispensation, we are also in Christ. If one is in the body of Christ, then one is also in Christ.

Thank you for these clarifications. I have known quite a bit about the MAD position but was not completely clear on the in Christ/body of Christ bifurcation. I, of course, do not agree but it is always good to fully understand opposing viewpoints.

DougE

Thank you for these clarifications. I have known quite a bit about the MAD position but was not completely clear on the in Christ/body of Christ bifurcation. I, of course, do not agree but it is always good to fully understand opposing viewpoints.

Hi
Thanks for your interest and courtesy....ask anytime