The Word of God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pardon me, I thought you were saying exactly that by posting the verses you posted earlier. If that’s not the reason, why do you think the Bible is the word of God?
For me what I am telling you simply has to do with how the statement the Bible is the Word of God is said and what it means. I believe that you have reason to disagree with the statement across the board. But I do not know why. The reason I say that the Bible, or the Tanakh, is the Word of God is because nothing in it is not from God. We even find the word of God written in it.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
For me what I am telling you simply has to do with how the statement the Bible is the Word of God is said and what it means. I believe that you have reason to disagree with the statement across the board. But I do not know why. The reason I say that the Bible, or the Tanakh, is the Word of God is because nothing in it is not from God. We even find the word of God written in it.

Well, then....I just disagree with you absolutely. I think it’s simple to demonstrate that some of the words of the Hebrew Bible are not of God. The only way to view it otherwise is to consider that every move a human ever makes is of God - which I actually understand- but somehow I think that is not your point.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Pardon me, I thought you were saying exactly that by posting the verses you posted earlier. If that’s not the reason, why do you think the Bible is the word of God?
I posted the references because Scripture is inspired by God and includes the prophets.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, then....I just disagree with you absolutely. I think it’s simple to demonstrate that some of the words of the Hebrew Bible are not of God. The only way to view it otherwise is to consider that every move a human ever makes is of God - which I actually understand- but somehow I think that is not your point.
That sounds like words and the actions of people. Not my point, correct. Nothing the matter with Hebrew words.

k0de

I never lost my faith in God, I lost my faith in religion. I’ve had supernatural experiences that keep me from ever being able to not believe in God.
I moved this over from another thread because I didn't want to seem like if I was trolling.

Remember Paul didn't know Sin exist until the Law told him. So question for Guyver.

How would you know that God exist unless some religion tells you?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I moved this over from another thread because I didn't want to seem like if I was trolling.

Remember Paul didn't know Sin exist until the Law told him. So question for Guyver.

How would you know that God exist unless some religion tells you?

To sin is to make a mistake. Are you telling me that you never knew you made a mistake, or did wrong until you read the bible or found religion? That seems really strange. I know when I make a mistake, almost immediately in most cases, and this goes back as far as I can remember.

As far as your other question goes......I don't think religion telling you that God exists allows one to know that God exists. It allows you to know that people believe God exists.

Do you understand the difference between knowing and believing? With knowing, there is no question because it is firmly established......it's proven if you will. But, believing is another matter. A person may believe something to be true; only to later find out it was false.

Some beliefs may in fact be true.....but until it's been shown, we can't know that to be true. When a believe becomes a known thing, it no longer is a belief....because it is now known.

glorydaz

To the extent that you regulate anything is the extent of which you condone it.

Nonsense.

To correct and add to what I said previously:

Slavery is justifiable (something you can never do with anything inherently wrong) in three circumstances:

To deter warfare
To punish criminals
To pay off debt

Replace Slavery with Divorce. :chew:

Just because something is allowed because of the hardness of man's heart, does NOT mean it is justified in the eyes of God. Which means it does not make it right versus wrong.

Matt. 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;​

k0de

To sin is to make a mistake. Are you telling me that you never knew you made a mistake, or did wrong until you read the bible or found religion? That seems really strange. I know when I make a mistake, almost immediately in most cases, and this goes back as far as I can remember.

As far as your other question goes......I don't think religion telling you that God exists allows one to know that God exists. It allows you to know that people believe God exists.

Do you understand the difference between knowing and believing? With knowing, there is no question because it is firmly established......it's proven if you will. But, believing is another matter. A person may believe something to be true; only to later find out it was false.

Some beliefs may in fact be true.....but until it's been shown, we can't know that to be true. When a believe becomes a known thing, it no longer is a belief....because it is now known.
How can you write software unless Microsoft, Google, or Apple tell you?

What I'm saying is. Unless you're re inventing the wheel on the existing of God. You still need religion to know that he exist. And if you decide to reinvent the wheel. You still will end up with a religion of your own understanding.... Lol

We're all receiving agents right? To each it's own. For example Gates and Jobs are on a island of their own. Nothing or no one on this planet received code like they did. So Microsoft and Apple prosper. So what? But you ain't no programmer. Are you? Like wise there is other people on this planet receiving spiritual messages from God. So how can you contest with someone that is a receiver of spiritual messages?

Remember people that are receivers of spiritual messages aren't programmes of some computer code They are call Prophets. Are you a prophet?

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
How can you write software unless Microsoft, Google, or Apple tell you?

Simple. You don't need their permission. Many people write software and don't work for those companies. Not only that, software was written long before Microsoft, Google, or Apple even existed. Computer operations in the USA go back to the 1940's when they were developed to assist the war effort during WWII.

What I'm saying is. Unless you're re inventing the wheel on the existing of God. You still need religion to know that he exist. And if you decide to reinvent the wheel. You still will end up with a religion of your own understanding.... Lol

We all operate a religion of our own understanding Kode, because every persons understanding is unique to themselves. Just look at this forum. The vast majority of people here are Christians, yet they don't seem to agree on much of anything. So, even though they are all Christians, they disagree on what the bible says, what it means, how it should be applied in one's life.

We're all receiving agents right? To each it's own. For example Gates and Jobs are on a island of their own. Nothing or no one on this planet received code like they did. So Microsoft and Apple prosper. So what? But you ain't no programmer. Are you? Like wise there is other people on this planet receiving spiritual messages from God. So how can you contest with someone that is a receiver of spiritual messages?

Remember people that are receivers of spiritual messages aren't programmes of some computer code They are call Prophets. Are you a prophet?

I don't wish to call myself a prophet no.....so I'll leave it at that. You are correct that we are all receiving agents, and we are also sending agents. Everytime we communicate effectively, we send and receive messages. Speaking of which.....

In another thread you said that you believe in Jesus because you hear his voice. I asked you; what does he say? And you didn't reply. Maybe you missed the question, so I'd like to repeat it because I am interested in your answer.

When you hear the voice of Jesus; what does he say to you?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
He says don't listen to Guyver.

Really?!!! Nice. So Jesus knows me. I said I'm movin on up (movin on up) to the East side (movin on up)

Actually. That's no shock to me. I already believe that God knows everything. But thanks for chipping in.

k0de

Really?!!! Nice. So Jesus knows me. I said I'm movin on up (movin on up) to the East side (movin on up)

Actually. That's no shock to me. I already believe that God knows everything. But thanks for chipping in.
Lol. I answered on the other thread. But here Jesus telling you for himself.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6) NIV

So if Jesus is lying and we know he is not because he is God and we know that God doesn't lie.

How do we know that you know and you are telling the truth?

Last edited:

k0de

Simple. You don't need their permission. Many people write software and don't work for those companies. Not only that, software was written long before Microsoft, Google, or Apple even existed. Computer operations in the USA go back to the 1940's when they were developed to assist the war effort during WWII.

That's correct. And that is even a better example. So if computer go back to the 1940's. Think about this for a time. The Bible the Word of God has been with us for over 2,000 years.

We all operate a religion of our own understanding Kode, because every persons understanding is unique to themselves. Just look at this forum. The vast majority of people here are Christians, yet they don't seem to agree on much of anything. So, even though they are all Christians, they disagree on what the bible says, what it means, how it should be applied in one's life.
Correct. We are all unique in on our own special way. Facts of Life and God knows this. Remember Peter Gospel is for the Jews.

You don't think that there should be a different approach when bringing the Gospel to a different kind of people like the Gentiles. Perhaps Paul was better than Peter on that. So I don't see anything wrong with the Bible, Christians or this forums. You answer yourself by acknowledging that were all unique.

What a boring life with all we're all coded the same to follow the same instructions. Yuck. Praise the most high God for not thinking like us.

I don't wish to call myself a prophet no.....so I'll leave it at that. You are correct that we are all receiving agents, and we are also sending agents. Everytime we communicate effectively, we send and receive messages. Speaking of which.....
NO. This is important. Let's not skip this. I already answered the Jesus thing on both threads. Can you imagine a world of minds that are all receiving one instruction?

We can't all be prophets and certainly I'm not. I can't pray for you because I don't know how to and I don't have that authority. I can't prophesied to you because I don't know how to and I don't have that authority. And many more other authorities I have not been giving.

But I can discern your spirit. And with all your respect. And I can tell you that your 10,000 hours of experience are worth nothing.

Question have you done 10,000 hours of the word of God?

Remember: "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. (James 1:22-23) NIV

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Lol. I answered on the other thread. But here Jesus telling you for himself.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6) NIV

So if Jesus is lying and we know he is not because he is God and we know that God doesn't lie.

How do we know that you know and you are telling the truth?

KOde, in this thread I offered that truth supersedes belief. You made a claim, you said you believe in Jesus because you hear his voice. So, I asked you what he says and you did not answer.

What you did was quote the Bible. So, that isn’t exactly true then, is it? Reading the Bible and believing what Jesus SUPPOSEDLY said is not the same thing as actually hearing his voice.

What you really mean is that you believe in Jesus and trust in him because you believe the Bible and trust in it. Which is fine. That is your right. You have the right to believe anything you want to.

But claiming you hear the voice of God and/or Jesus is not the same thing as reading the Bible and believing it.

The Bible claims many things that don’t happen now, and have never been witnessed or recorded except in the Bible. Like God coming down from heaven to walk with people and have fellowship with them in the cool of the day.

But what if a person actually believes the Bible and wants to have fellowship with God. So, they pray and ask, God please come to me. Come and speak with me like you did with others in the Bible because I love you and I want to know you too, as they did? Will that person get their prayers answered?

k0de

KOde, in this thread I offered that truth supersedes belief. You made a claim, you said you believe in Jesus because you hear his voice. So, I asked you what he says and you did not answer.

What you did was quote the Bible. So, that isn’t exactly true then, is it? Reading the Bible and believing what Jesus SUPPOSEDLY said is not the same thing as actually hearing his voice.

What you really mean is that you believe in Jesus and trust in him because you believe the Bible and trust in it. Which is fine. That is your right. You have the right to believe anything you want to.

But claiming you hear the voice of God and/or Jesus is not the same thing as reading the Bible and believing it.
I disagree with you. And yes I hear Jesus voice through reading the scriptures which is a whole lot better than hearing his voice out loud in my head.

I do agree with you that truth is opposite of falshood. But how in the world that can we accepted that for an answer?

Then we have to ask. What is false? And come up with opposite of Truth. Huh? Than we're back to where we started.

The concept of truth is discussed and devated in several contexts, including philosophy, art, theology, and science. And Various theories and views of truth continue to be debated among scholars, philosophers, and theologians. So this discussion will end with no wrong or right answer.

So can we both agree that what you believe could be true. And that what I believe about God and the Bible can also be true? Yes or no answer. And will leave it at that.

The Bible claims many things that don’t happen now, and have never been witnessed or recorded except in the Bible. Like God coming down from heaven to walk with people and have fellowship with them in the cool of the day.

But what if a person actually believes the Bible and wants to have fellowship with God. So, they pray and ask, God please come to me. Come and speak with me like you did with others in the Bible because I love you and I want to know you too, as they did? Will that person get their prayers answered?
If God wants to. Yes I don't see why not. According to the Bible nothing is impossible for God.

And by the way you didn't answer my last question. This is important for me. I'm trying to learn a little bit more about you.

Question have you done 10,000 hours of the word of God?

Remember: "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. (James 1:22-23) NIV

Last edited:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I disagree with you. And yes I hear Jesus voice through reading the scriptures which is a whole lot better than hearing his voice out loud in my head.

Disagree, but accept your opinion. I'd rather hear God talking to me than the bible any day. Yet, it's only happened a few times, but I've read the bible tens of thousands of times.
I do agree with you that truth is opposite of falshood. But how in the world that can we accepted that for an answer?

Then we have to ask. What is false? And come up with opposite of Truth. Huh? Than we're back to where we started.

I never said the truth would be easy.
So can we both agree that what you believe could be true. And that what I believe about God and the Bible can also be true? Yes or no answer. And will leave it at that.

KOde, not only will I grant you that what you believe could be true; I will offer that what you believe is true because you believe it to be. It is true for you. And it is true for everyone else who believes just as you do.

Now I say to everyone.....if your religion makes you a better person, then I embrace you and your religion. But if your religion does not make you a better person, I say it's time you find a new religion. Peace be with you kOde.

k0de

Disagree, but accept your opinion. I'd rather hear God talking to me than the bible any day. Yet, it's only happened a few times, but I've read the bible tens of thousands of times.

I never said the truth would be easy.

KOde, not only will I grant you that what you believe could be true; I will offer that what you believe is true because you believe it to be. It is true for you. And it is true for everyone else who believes just as you do.

Now I say to everyone.....if your religion makes you a better person, then I embrace you and your religion. But if your religion does not make you a better person, I say it's time you find a new religion. Peace be with you kOde.
If you consider in the future to be a servant for the Lord Jesus Christ please don't hesitate to hit me up on PM. Dude in my opinion I think you would be a real powerful witness for the Lord. Thanks man. Peace be with you too.