What is holding us back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

John 14:12 did Jesus Christ say that those that believe on him would do the same works that he and greater works?

Yes, he did.

So why are not Christians doing that?

It is because Christians who are not doing the same works and greater works are not believing.

Why not?

Why are we not one with the Father even as Jesus Christ is one with the Father? John 10:30

If we are not one with the Father then who are we one with? The world? Sin? Satan? A denomination?

What does it take to become one with the Father?

What did it take for Jesus Christ to be one with the Father?

He is God's son, so are we.

I John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

What ever is holding us back we need to mortify so we can be one with the Father as well

oatmeal

How could you not know how?

Would God have Jesus Christ say that without telling us how?

Why isn't your denomination teaching you how to do what Jesus Christ said we can do?

Was Jesus Christ wrong in John 14:12?

So what excuses do you have?

musterion

Why don't we simply believe what is written?

You really don't get it. It's what I tried telling you the other day (I think it was you) when you quoted from John and tried to apply it to yourself and everyone else. You're doing the same thing in the OP here.

The reason people don't believe the same is because they don't believe the same.

The reason they don't believe the same is because they're reading 100 different Bibles, even if they all use the same translation.

That's the problem. That's why an idea like TOL is ultimately a waste of time when people don't/can't/won't agree on how the Bible is to be rightly understood.

If that point is not settled, anything beyond that point is a complete and total waste of everyone's time. Any agreement they may have will be merely a matter of coincidental details; the fundamental chasm remains.

The reason I stay here is because of the people who I align with, not the people I don't. They're pretty much immune to everything we say...but they'd say the same about us. And so would you.

Why don't we simply believe what is written?

Different Bibles. That's your answer.

oatmeal

You really don't get it. It's what I tried telling you the other day (I think it was you) when you quoted from John and tried to apply it to yourself and everyone else. You're doing the same thing in the OP here.

The reason people don't believe the same is because they don't believe the same.

The reason they don't believe the same is because they're reading 100 different Bibles, even if they all use the same translation.

That's the problem. That's why an idea like TOL is ultimately a waste of time when people don't/can't/won't agree on how the Bible is to be rightly understood.

If that point is not settled, anything beyond that point is a complete and total waste of everyone's time. Any agreement they may have will be merely a matter of coincidental details; the fundamental chasm remains.

The reason I stay here is because of the people who I align with, not the people I don't. They're pretty much immune to everything we say...but they'd say the same about us. And so would you.

Different Bibles. That's your answer.

So you don't believe John 14:12 because there are different Bibles?

That is an excuse that I have hot heard before

oatmeal

This does not belong in the ECT.

@oatmeal Please do not post in the ECT.

Ah, another excuse for not believing John 14:12

Did Jesus Christ say it or not?

Evidently, you don't believe what Jesus Christ said.

Too tough a question for you "Christian believers"?????

Shame on you

musterion

Shame on you

Okay, here it is point blank.

JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is.

Zeke

So you don't believe John 14:12 because there are different Bibles?

That is an excuse that I have hot heard before

Colossians 1:27 was just kidding, everyone knows Jesus was a Jew outwardly like Romans 2:28-29 explains one is, good thing he wasn't an inward Jew or a democrat.

Plus Christ in Jesus said some new age woo woo stuff like the kingdom of God Was in man, also scolded the wrong dividers of that day, Matt 23:13, for kingdom illiteracy along with temple amnesia, but they hadn't read Paul's writings so how would know? They didn't hear Christ in Jesus telling them where it had always been in the same location of the temple he rented a Samaritan demolition crew to destroy in three days, or was that actually spiritually discerned, well that's more woo woo to right dividers.

Aimiel

It's something that God will have to do, obviously, by His Spirit. It will be sudden and it will cause The Body of Christ to arise together, world-wide in a last-ditch effort to bring as many as possible with us into The Kingdom of Heaven. We'll unite under His Banner of Love for one another, as never before and it will be soon.

glorydaz

Shame on you

Oats, are you a Jew? I didn't know that. :think:

The Bible will never make sense to you until you can figure out what was written to the Jews...

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And what was written to the rest of us.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:​

TO THE JEW FIRST. Keep that in mind, and you'll have no reason to be ashamed.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:​

glorydaz

It's something that God will have to do, obviously, by His Spirit. It will be sudden and it will cause The Body of Christ to arise together, world-wide in a last-ditch effort to bring as many as possible with us into The Kingdom of Heaven. We'll unite under His Banner of Love for one another, as never before and it will be soon.

We'll be raptured before we see more signs and wonders like were present during the time of the Apostles.

oatmeal

See, this is pointless. We may as well be speaking Swahili against Eskimo. Tried explaining it the other day, you didn't get it. Just tried again, you still don't get it.

So you as a Christian do not believe what Jesus Christ said.

If he is God as you believe he is you are making excuses not to believe your God.

No wonder you fall for such nonsense as the trinity.

oatmeal

Okay, here it is point blank.

JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is.

John 14:12 states

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I believe on him, therefore Jesus Christ is talking to me.

So John 3:16 does not apply to you? It applies to me.

So John 14:6 does not apply to you? It applies to me.

Since John 14:6 is not true for you, then who is your way to the Father? The pope? Buddha? Islam? Who is your way to the Father?

Are you suggesting that everything recorded in the gospels has nothing to do with you? You don't need to know anything in those books? Who then is your lord and savior? who then is the Christ if not Jesus the son of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.