What is holding us back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
It's sad you don't acknowledge the Godhead as shown in Romans 1.

But for you to ignore what scripture makes clear about our Lord Jesus Christ is truly your undoing.
Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God...

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power....​
Funny that he quoted a scripture passage with the word GODHEAD in it,

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Actually, the trinity is at best wrongly dividing the word of truth, at worst, it is willful idolatry
There are zero Trinitarians who believe that Trinitarianism is idolatrous, so it's impossible for us to be "willful" idolaters. If we are idolaters, then we are ignorant idolaters.
Romans 1:20-23

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
The Lord Jesus is incorruptible. 1st Corinthians 15:42 KJV
You have taken the image of God, (who is spirit, according the man Christ Jesus in John 4:24) and made him a man, not spirit.

You deny the lamb of God, to you, the lamb of God is God, what a jumble of nonsense and confusion

You might note the context, it is speaking of how men and women left heterosexuality and chose homosexuality instead of God's order of things

Romans 1 does not paint a pretty future for trinitarians
Not applicable. If we are idolaters, then we are ignorant idolaters.

glorydaz

Are you from Ephesus?

You are Galatian? Colossian?

Are you Roman?

Not one of these epistles was addressed to you Glorydaz...or your fan base...

The entire NT was not to you...FOR you yes...

That passage in Ephesians continues BTW

Read verse 13...

Verse 19 confirms we are citizens now...no longer foreigners...members of His household

And yet you don’t wish to follow the house rules...that is rude...”oh those arent for me...I am raptured from those chores...no burden or yoke for me thanks...”

You think the branch grafted in changes the trunk its roots?

I can see this discussion is too much for you to handle, clefty.

Our Lord never once said He was sent to the Romans. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Colossians 1:27 was just kidding, everyone knows Jesus was a Jew outwardly like Romans 2:28-29 explains one is, good thing he wasn't an inward Jew or a democrat.

Plus Christ in Jesus said some new age woo woo stuff like the kingdom of God Was in man, also scolded the wrong dividers of that day, Matt 23:13, for kingdom illiteracy along with temple amnesia, but they hadn't read Paul's writings so how would know? They didn't hear Christ in Jesus telling them where it had always been in the same location of the temple he rented a Samaritan demolition crew to destroy in three days, or was that actually spiritually discerned, well that's more woo woo to right dividers.

Have you come to the forum to mock God? If not, try to speak like an adult.

oatmeal

We not only accept Jesus Christ, but He is our Lord and God. You are the one who rejects Him.

Signs and wonders are for the Jews. They require them. 1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign...

Our Lord Jesus Christ cast out devils and performed many signs and wonders, and so did the Apostles. There is a reason for that, Oats. The Jews required a sign. After God cast off Israel, those signs and wonders ceased.

Are you an unbeliever because you don't see men being raised from the dead? Or because you don't see miracles? That's simply a sign of a man who lacks faith.

Have you not read that there were signs and wonders done among the Gentiles?

With in the context of Matthew 15:24 Jesus Christ delivered the Gentile woman's daughter because she believed.

The house of Cornelius in Acts 10 spoke in tongues, one of the signs that Jesus spoke of in Mark 16:17

Acts 15:12

Are you so unlearned? Who misguided you so terribly? Who lied to you that you would think that there were no signs and wonders and miracles done among the Gentiles?

oatmeal

I'm illustrating the point that your entire premise is so wrong that it's a waste of both your time and mine to address anything you've asked.

An Acts 2 fundamental Baptist would probably give you the good time you're looking for (they share at least some of your presuppositions) but I'm not one of them anymore.

PS

The reason you don't do any of the things I listed, I'm sure you'll agree, is because God didn't tell YOU to do any of them. He told other people to do them. Which is the whole point.

You still refuse to answer my questions?

Why?

You cannot tell me who your way to the Father is? For if your premise is right Jesus Christ is the way to the Father for the Judeans only.

Why not be humble and meek and learn instead of stubbornly refusing to see what the scriptures teach?

glorydaz

Have you not read that there were signs and wonders done among the Gentiles?

With in the context of Matthew 15:24 Jesus Christ delivered the Gentile woman's daughter because she believed.

The house of Cornelius in Acts 10 spoke in tongues, one of the signs that Jesus spoke of in Mark 16:17

Acts 15:12

Are you so unlearned? Who misguided you so terribly? Who lied to you that you would think that there were no signs and wonders and miracles done among the Gentiles?

They were done FOR the Jews, Oats. Just as they were done in Egypt....for the Jews. You need to think about these things, and not just jump to the first conclusion you reach.

oatmeal

It's sad you don't acknowledge the Godhead as shown in Romans 1.

But for you to ignore what scripture makes clear about our Lord Jesus Christ is truly your undoing.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God...

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power....​

Why don't you read what Colossians actually says?

What does it say?

a. Jesus is the invisible God, (funny Jesus was seen of many many people, but God is invisible, there fore Jesus cannot be God)

b. Jesus is the image of the invisible God

If you cannot see the difference..

Does Hebrews 1:3 say?

a. Jesus is God

b. Jesus is the brightness of God's glory

Is the light from the flashlight the flashlight?

Just so you don't get confused, the light from the flashlight is not the flashlight, thought the flashlight is the source of the light emitted by the flashlight

Do you the righteousness of God because you are God? II Corinthians 5:21 or is God the source of your righteousness that God gave of himself to you?

glorydaz

You still refuse to answer my questions?

Why?

You cannot tell me who your way to the Father is? For if your premise is right Jesus Christ is the way to the Father for the Judeans only.

Why not be humble and meek and learn instead of stubbornly refusing to see what the scriptures teach?

There you go....assuming a premise that doesn't exist, and was not even suggested.

oatmeal

Oatmeal, ECT is for mainline Christian users. You deny the divinity of Christ. Please do not post there.

Christianity by consensus?

Truth by consensus?

Wow, I am so impressed that you determine by popular vote what truth is.

oatmeal

There you go....assuming a premise that doesn't exist, and was not even suggested.

Well, this post by Musterion should clear up what premise he brought up

"Okay, here it is point blank.

JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is."

Since Jesus, according to musterion was not talking to me in the gospels,( which is true, he was talking to the Judeans, ) does that mean the Jesus is not the way to the Father for Christianity? John 14:6

If Jesus is not the way to the Father for musterion and maybe you? Who is the way to the Father for Christians? or are you suggesting that there is no way to the Father for Christians?

It is by Jesus Christ, the faith of Jesus Christ, that we can have boldness in our access to God, Ephesians 3:12

Romans 5:1-2 likewise affirm that is by Jesus Christ that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, without Jesus Christ we have no access by faith.

Romans 12:3 God has dealt to the believers the measure of faith which is come by Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:21-26

We have been given that faith of Jesus Christ by God so that we can do the works of Christ as John 14:12 states.

Are you suggesting that we cannot do the works of Christ?

Than whose works do you aspire to do? By Paul as musterion seems to imply?

How did Paul live and do works? Galatians 2:20

Our access to God hinges on the works of Jesus Christ, if you do not believe that, oh, well.

glorydaz

Why don't you read what Colossians actually says?

What does it say?

a. Jesus is the invisible God, (funny Jesus was seen of many many people, but God is invisible, there fore Jesus cannot be God)

b. Jesus is the image of the invisible God

If you cannot see the difference..

Let's just take this in baby steps.

In order for God to be seen by man, He became flesh.
That is how Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God.

What would be your explanation of the text?
How is it that you explain away it's meaning?

How about this one? Pay close attention to the bolded portions.

In the form of God John 1:1
Took upon the form of a servant John 1:14

Philippians 2:6-8
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

glorydaz

Well, this post by Musterion should clear up what premise he brought up

Spoiler
"Okay, here it is point blank.

JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is."

Since Jesus, according to musterion was not talking to me in the gospels,( which is true, he was talking to the Judeans, ) does that mean the Jesus is not the way to the Father for Christianity? John 14:6

If Jesus is not the way to the Father for musterion and maybe you? Who is the way to the Father for Christians? or are you suggesting that there is no way to the Father for Christians?

Jesus Christ, when He walked among us, was talking to the Jews, as you agree.

But....things changed when the nation rejected their Lord and Saviour.

We see the change for ourselves as we read Acts. Mid Acts to be precise.
Jesus Christ is still the way, but the way, itself has changed.
Now it's through faith in His blood. That's a big change, wouldn't you say?

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:​

God turned to the Gentiles. When He did that, the RISEN LORD gave Paul the words to speak to the Gentiles. This is why Musty pointed you to Paul.

The way to God was no longer working righteousness and accepting Jesus Christ as Messiah, but through God's Grace apart from Israel. The twelve continued to preach to the CIRCUMCISION (Jews), and Paul preached his Gospel of Grace to the Gentiles.

Things that differ, Oats.

oatmeal

They were done FOR the Jews, Oats. Just as they were done in Egypt....for the Jews. You need to think about these things, and not just jump to the first conclusion you reach.

So the signs and wonders and miracles done to the Gentiles did not benefit the Gentiles?

What Gentile wouldn't appreciate being healed of blindness or palsy or leprosy?

The healings and miracles done to the believing Gentiles, (Christians formerly Gentiles) benefited those Gentiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.