SENT ME NOT TO BAPTIZE

DougE

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

One of the reasons for John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the son of God, on whom, Israel was to believe on for eternal life.

John also was preaching that Jesus would baptize Israel with the Holy Ghost. The new covenant promised that the Holy Spirit would be given to Israel. Jeremiah 31:31 Ezekiel 36:27

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter spoke to Israel of the promise of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Peter commanded baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the promise of the Holy Spirit. Remission of sins, and the Holy Spirit were promised under Israel's new covenant.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

John was baptizing for repentance for the remission of sins. This is what the disciples of Ephesus were baptized unto.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Israel was to repent, and believe on Christ Jesus.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

These disciples were baptized after the manner that Peter was preaching to Israel at Pentecost in Acts 2:38.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Just as Peter preached, the disciples received the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

These disciples, believing on Jesus, and being baptized, also spoke with tongues, just as Jesus said in Mark 16:17.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Paul had knowledge of the law and the prophets, which spoke of the new covenant, and promise of the Holy Ghost, which would be given to Israel. Paul also upheld the gospel of the circumcision, which Peter preached, and the commanded baptism.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

John was sent to baptize, Paul was not.

Paul baptized because as long as Israel was promised the coming kingdom, baptism was commanded. Israel began to be diminished, and the coming kingdom was delayed, so Paul stopped baptizing. Romans 11:12

In the future, baptisms will be resumed, Israel will be restored, and will enter the kingdom. Mark 16:15 Matthew 28:19 Luke 12:32

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What will they be when they are called back. Will they come back as Jews or called back to become Christians?

DougE

Hello

I don't know if I would call them anything but saints in Christ.

During the tribulation Israel will be purified, and the believers will be separated from the un believers; the day of wrath.

Christ comes again, the day of Christ. Then the day of the Lord.

The believing remnant, the little flock, of Jews will enter the kingdom and reign with Christ for 1000 years. Some of the Gentile nations will enter the kingdom based on how they treated Israel during the tribulation.

The Jews will teach the Gentile nations about God; there will be a temple again with some of the sacrifices being carried out.

There will be believers during this time.

All things will be gathered together in Christ.

There will be a white throne judgment of all the un saved.

Then there will be the white throne judgment of the un saved, and the lake of fire.

Then a new heavens and earth, the day of God.

Jerry Shugart

The believing remnant, the little flock, of Jews will enter the kingdom and reign with Christ for 1000 years.

Yes, and the believing remnant were made members of the Body of Christ and is one of the two groups mentioned by Paul in the following passage:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.3:13-16).​

When those in the Body of Christ are raptured then from that point of time onward all the members of the Body will be with the Lord Jesus forever (1 Thess.4:17). Therefore, when He returns to the earth to usher in the Kingdom those in the Body will be with Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hello

I don't know if I would call them anything but saints in Christ.

During the tribulation Israel will be purified, and the believers will be separated from the un believers; the day of wrath.

The believing remnant, the little flock, of Jews will enter the kingdom and reign with Christ for 1000 years. Some of the Gentile nations will enter the kingdom based on how they treated Israel during the tribulation.

The Jews will teach the Gentile nations about God; there will be a temple again with some of the sacrifices being carried out.

There will be believers during this time.

All things will be gathered together in Christ.

There will be a white throne judgment of all the un saved.

Then there will be the white throne judgment of the un saved, and the lake of fire.

Then a new heavens and earth, the day of God.

I said
Would you explain what you said

You said

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and the believing remnant were made members of the Body of Christ and is one of the two groups mentioned by Paul in the following passage:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.3:13-16).​

When those in the Body of Christ are raptured then from that point of time onward all the members of the Body will be with the Lord Jesus forever (1 Thess.4:17). Therefore, when He returns to the earth to usher in the Kingdom those in the Body will be with Him.

I said
I get a whole different reading on them verses. The Gentiles who in the old testament who didnt have God were worshiping in the flesh. And because of what Christ done for us we can now worship in the Spirit because Christ abolished the old testament law. And gave us the new testament law. So we can worship in the Spirit. Our old man and our new man.

[Eph 2:11-16
[11] Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh--who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands--
[12] that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
[13] But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
[14] For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
[15] having abolished in His flesh the enmity, [that is], the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man [from] the two, [thus] making peace,
[16] and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.

DAN P

I said
Would you explain what you said

You said

Hi and in the B O C in Phil 1:10 the Rapture is called the DAY OF CHRIST !!

The GREAT TRIBULATION is called the DAY OF THE LORD , 2 Thess 2:2 !!

These are 2 different periods of TIME and not to be confused !!

dan p

DougE

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Ephesians 1:3

The body of Christ is blessed in heavenly places.

Ephesians 2:12 says we were strangers to the promises

Ephesians 2:14 says the wall has been broken down

Ephesians 2:13 that this happened now

Ephesians 3:2 Ephesians 3:5 says that this did not happen until this dispensation

Ephesians 3:9 says all this was a mystery that was hid in God

Luke 12:32 says the kingdom will be given to the Little flock; the mystery was not yet revealed

The revelations of Paul nowhere state that the body of Christ will be given the kingdom on earth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
In your opinion who made up the two groups which Paul mentioned at Ephesians 2:13-16?

I said
I see the two groups inside ourselves.

[Rom 7:20-25
[20] Now if I do what I will not [to do], it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
[21] I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
[22] For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
[23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
[24] O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
[25] I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

MennoSota

John 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

John 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

One of the reasons for John's baptism was to identify Jesus as the son of God, on whom, Israel was to believe on for eternal life.

John also was preaching that Jesus would baptize Israel with the Holy Ghost. The new covenant promised that the Holy Spirit would be given to Israel. Jeremiah 31:31 Ezekiel 36:27

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter spoke to Israel of the promise of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Peter commanded baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the promise of the Holy Spirit. Remission of sins, and the Holy Spirit were promised under Israel's new covenant.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

John was baptizing for repentance for the remission of sins. This is what the disciples of Ephesus were baptized unto.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Israel was to repent, and believe on Christ Jesus.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

These disciples were baptized after the manner that Peter was preaching to Israel at Pentecost in Acts 2:38.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Just as Peter preached, the disciples received the Holy Ghost.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

These disciples, believing on Jesus, and being baptized, also spoke with tongues, just as Jesus said in Mark 16:17.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Paul had knowledge of the law and the prophets, which spoke of the new covenant, and promise of the Holy Ghost, which would be given to Israel. Paul also upheld the gospel of the circumcision, which Peter preached, and the commanded baptism.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

John was sent to baptize, Paul was not.

Paul baptized because as long as Israel was promised the coming kingdom, baptism was commanded. Israel began to be diminished, and the coming kingdom was delayed, so Paul stopped baptizing. Romans 11:12

In the future, baptisms will be resumed, Israel will be restored, and will enter the kingdom. Mark 16:15 Matthew 28:19 Luke 12:32
Not all Israel is Israel.
God's chosen and elect people have never ceased to be. God has elected to save by grace, through faith from the very beginning. God continues the elective process today. All Israel is being saved as God sovereignly has chosen.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not all Israel is Israel.
God's chosen and elect people have never ceased to be. God has elected to save by grace, through faith from the very beginning. God continues the elective process today. All Israel is being saved as God sovereignly has chosen.

I said
Did God choose to change the people and make them righteous, or did He choose to change righteousness to justify them??

advenureside

The Scriptures totally agree with the statement that God still has a plan of Salvation for Israel.

He plans to gather them from around the world and bring them back to their homeland and protect them.
Just because a Jew does not believe that Yahoshua was not the Messiah sent from God, the bible does not say that God will reject and not save the Jewish people. But rather, this was a part of his plan of salvation.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded*
:8* (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.*
:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:*
:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Rom 11:26* And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:*
:27* For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

:31* Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.*
:32* For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The Bible shows that God still will save the Jewish people - even though they are in unbelief. *