Argument supporting existence of a God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

This is incontrovertible, also.

Thank you for that complete waste of time.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This symbol " = " is the equals sign.

Yeah, it's wrong. It should by the "approximately equals to" symbol, as in my sig.

Einstein DID NOT use ≈, he used =
One of a number of mistakes that have been identified in his paper.

Thousands of people have tested the veracity of that equation in countless different ways over the last 100 years and no one yet has found one scintilla of reason to doubt that it is quite true.
"Accurate." Not "true."

If you want to disprove Einstein then I invite you to try it but I'm certainly not going to be here holding my breath while you make the attempt.
See my sig.

Don't even bother responding to this.
I'm not programmed that way. :)

Good bye!

:wave2:

Seeya. :wave:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I am surely a glutton for punishment...

Yeah, it's wrong. It should by the "approximately equals to" symbol, as in my sig.
So what's approximate about it?

E=mc2+what?

Please tell us all, just what did Einstein miss?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Seems like post 12 was where we started talking about energy...

genuineoriginal

There were actually a few problems with their experiment but others have done it better with results that are, in fact, effectively (statically) zero.

The problem isn't with the result but with what the result is assumed to mean.

The experiment was intended to detect an aether wind caused by the Earth moving through the eather in it's orbit around the Sun.

No such wind was detected but that does not prove that an eather doesn't exist. If an eather exists, we have no idea what it's properties are. We don't know, for example, how it responds to magnetic fields or whether it is effected by the mass of bodies like the Earth.
My supposition is that the aether is really the quantum field and that way the mass of bodies like the Earth affect aether causes light to bend instead of travelling in a straight line.
bentlight.jpg

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am surely a glutton for punishment...

So what's approximate about it?

E=mc2+what?

Please tell us all, just what did Einstein miss?
He didn't miss anything, really. The formula is derived from the first term of a Taylor series. A Taylor series is an infinite series of sums to approximate a formula; the more terms used, the more accurate.

All Einstein did was use the wrong "equals" symbol.

There are bigger mistakes elsewhere.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just because 85% is off-topic....never mind.

I mean, I don't disagree with you. In fact, I sort of expected this exchange to have gotten squashed quite a while ago precisely because it has nothing at all to do with the OP but it never did so we just kept going. We didn't take over the thread intentionally, it just sort of happened.

Like I said, I'm happy to have someone split this conversation off onto a new thread, I just don't see the need at this point.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
He didn't miss anything, really. The formula is derived from the first term of a Taylor series. A Taylor series is an infinite series of sums to approximate a formula; the more terms used, the more accurate.

All Einstein did was use the wrong "equals" symbol.

There are bigger mistakes elsewhere.

If the formula isn't missing anything then it cannot be an approximation!

If the mass is known and the speed of light is known then the energy that the mass could be converted into is also known.

The formula does not say nor does Einstein's maths imply that if you convert a certain amount of mass into energy that you'd get something close to the mass times the speed of light. There is nothing so fuzzy about his math. In fact, the limiting factor to the precision is not the formula at all but the precision of the measuring devises. And boy oh boy do we have some whoppers when it comes to precision measuring devises. We can detect variations in the mass of individual hydrogen atoms.

Further, the sort of math you are talking about allows you to see where a number is going. You don't have to calculate it to exhaustion to understand what the result it approaching. Pi is equal to the circumference of a circle divided by it's diameter (π = C/d). That is not approximately true nor is it approximately accurate (same exact thing, by the way). It is PRECISELY correct. The fact that Pi is an irrational number, and thus any numerical rendering of Pi is only approximate, is not relevant to whether that formula is approximate. And that's not even that great of an analogy because there are no irrational variables in E=mc2!

The bottom line is that it makes no sense whatsoever to call Einstein's equations "approximations", and your admission that Einstein didn't miss anything is an admission that you know as much.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My supposition is that the aether is really the quantum field and that way the mass of bodies like the Earth affect aether causes light to bend instead of travelling in a straight line.
bentlight.jpg

The problem is that Einstein's General Theory of Relativity predicts with a great deal of precision just how much light should be deflected by massive bodies. It's very predictable and thus very testable and it has been tested over and over and over again and never have they observed anything that would cast doubt on Einstein's gravitational lensing. In fact, the better our instruments get, the more Einstein's theories are confirmed. The math doesn't just work on paper and in theory but it actually works in real life. Scientists make these observations, do the calculations and come up with a result that is then used in other science which comes up with still more results that is very often used in still more science and no one ever comes up with a result that causes them to stop and say, "Uh oh! That didn't work! Einstein's gravitational lensing idea must be wrong!" That just does not ever happen. Instead, just the reverse happens. Einstein's theories just keep on getting confirmed.

Dwarf star bends light, confirms Einstein
By Deborah Byrd in Human World | Space | June 10, 2017

Which is not to say, by the way, that Einstein was right about space and time being real things. That is an interpretation of his maths. In other words, Einstein's theories say that light bends around stars AS THOUGH the mass of the star was warping space. That does not mean that it is actually doing so. There could be other things that we don't yet know about that could account for the effect other than the bending of space itself, which makes no sense. I mean, in what direction is space bent? There is no way to answer that question that makes any sense.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Far Queue
|
|
|
|
|