Argument supporting existence of a God

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i guess

that and immaturity

on an unrelated note, i have a mink running around in my front yard - up and down the dock, out into the water that's full of moving ice - tons of fun to watch :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I shoot or trap raccoons, porcupines and beaver if I see them - they're destructive.

On the other hand, minks are great - since they established a presence here about twenty years ago, I never see watersnakes around my docks where we swim.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Actually, it’s been scientifically proven that if you are of European ancestry, you may have as much as 3-4% Neanderthal dna in your genome. The oldest known modern human remains are 195,000 years old.

These are facts. But if you choose to not accept them, you can make yourself believe whatever you wish. That’s the nice thing about beliefs. They don’t have to be based on facts, and any person gets to believe anything they want to.

Not me, I'm a chilly willy and that means I am from the warm parts.;););)

quip

BANNED
Banned
Christians have evidence based faith.
-------
Saying it doesn't make it so.

What exactly IS "evidence based faith"?
Sounds like an oxymoron...you're not in need of one if you have the other!

Which is it, evidence, faith or merely evidence OF your faith?

quip

BANNED
Banned
It is NOT evidence based ON faith. It is the exact opposite.

Sure it is...by conflating the two you're using faith to retro-fit the evidence. Again, if there is sufficient evidence of your belief (onto which you hold faith), you may dispense with faith all together. Conversely, if you hold to a strong faith in your belief then there is insufficient evidence for it.

What you're doing is employing a cognitive (conformation) bias.

Right Divider

Body part
Sure it is...by conflating the two you're using faith to retro-fit the evidence. Again, if there is sufficient evidence of your belief (onto which you hold faith), you may dispense with faith all together. Conversely, if you hold to a strong faith in your belief then there is insufficient evidence for it.

What you're doing is employing a cognitive (conformation) bias.
The only one conflating here is you.

Status
Not open for further replies.