Argument supporting existence of a God

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Kinda makes you feel like when God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel.

Gen. 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.​

quip

BANNED
Banned
....Therefore one can deduce
Given an infinite number of Change events a maximized realization of progressive Evolution has occurred.

A maximized progressively evolved being has therefore existed, and may (especially in view of enhanced survivor-ability) still exist.

A maximized progressively evolved being is a maximally perfected being.

A maximized perfected being is God.

By what logic are you making the leap from a natural process (evolution) to the existence of a "being"? (God)

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
God defined as an intelligent, maximized perfected being.

~snipped for space~

Good argument. I find no fault in your logic.

I guess I just wonder why such an argument is needed. A person either knows that God exists or they don’t, in my mind. If they know that God exists, no argument is needed in that regard. If they don’t know, no argument will convince them.

In any event, the application of logic, reason, and argument to such a question is noble, IMHO, so props to you.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You don't believe that humans have arisen from evolution??? Humans are a prime example of "progressive evolution". The idea is that intelligence can be a mechanism for enhanced survival.

To deny that cavemen existed would be crazy, wouldn’t it? We are descended from our ancestors and this is observable, not make-believe.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
~snipped for space~

Good argument. I find no fault in your logic.

I guess I just wonder why such an argument is needed. A person either knows that God exists or they don’t, in my mind. If they know that God exists, no argument is needed in that regard. If they don’t know, no argument will convince them.

In any event, the application of logic, reason, and argument to such a question is noble, IMHO, so props to you.

The fault in his logic has to do with the premise that his supposed god is an evolved being.

Evolution, in the sense he is using the term, does not occur, has not occured, cannot occur and does not exist. Therefore, everything he said under point B is false.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The fault in his logic has to do with the premise that his supposed god is an evolved being.

Evolution, in the sense he is using the term, does not occur, has not occured, cannot occur and does not exist. Therefore, everything he said under point B is false.

I see. I guess I missed that part. Thank you for pointing that out.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To deny that cavemen existed would be crazy, wouldn’t it?
Depends. What do you mean by cavemen? Do you mean a society that lived almost exclusively in caves for centuries on end? Never happened.
We are descended from our ancestors and this is observable, not make-believe.
Which is utterly uncontroversial. It's exactly like saying I am the son of my father. It's undeniable, but adds nothing to the conversation.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Depends. What do you mean by cavemen? Do you mean a society that lived almost exclusively in caves for centuries on end? Never happened.

Which is utterly uncontroversial. It's exactly like saying I am the son of my father. It's undeniable, but adds nothing to the conversation.

I’m referring to the Paleolithic people, our ancestors, who had been living in caves for tens of thousands of years.

You are the son of your father, as he was the son of his, and so on, and so on, and so forth. What it adds to the conversation is by stating the obvious and observable fact that’s how things are and have always been. At least, there’s no evidence to the contrary. So, the nature of populations is an observable fact that lets us know how the world works.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I’m referring to the Paleolithic people, our ancestors, who had been living in caves for tens of thousands of years.

You are the son of your father, as he was the son of his, and so on, and so on, and so forth. What it adds to the conversation is by stating the obvious and observable fact that’s how things are and have always been. At least, there’s no evidence to the contrary. So, the nature of populations is an observable fact that lets us know how the world works.

I have no paleolithic ancestors, and none live in caves. A few lived in tents, but that was during a war.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I have no paleolithic ancestors, and none live in caves. A few lived in tents, but that was during a war.

Actually, it’s been scientifically proven that if you are of European ancestry, you may have as much as 3-4% Neanderthal dna in your genome. The oldest known modern human remains are 195,000 years old.

These are facts. But if you choose to not accept them, you can make yourself believe whatever you wish. That’s the nice thing about beliefs. They don’t have to be based on facts, and any person gets to believe anything they want to.

glorydaz

Actually, it’s been scientifically proven that if you are of European ancestry, you may have as much as 3-4% Neanderthal dna in your genome. The oldest known modern human remains are 195,000 years old.

These are facts. But if you choose to not accept them, you can make yourself believe whatever you wish. That’s the nice thing about beliefs. They don’t have to be based on facts, and any person gets to believe anything they want to.

And you choose to believe "facts" that are actually speculation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Actually, it’s been scientifically proven

Saying it doesn't make it so.

that if you are of European ancestry, you may have as much as 3-4% Neanderthal dna in your genome. The oldest known modern human remains are 195,000 years old.

~200 generations of mutations in the Genomes of humans shows that that number is too high.

200 generations of humans cannot stretch back that far.

These are facts.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

But if you choose to not accept them, you can make yourself believe whatever you wish. That’s the nice thing about beliefs. They don’t have to be based on facts, and any person gets to believe anything they want to.

Blind faith is what evolutionists have.

Christians have evidence based faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.