The Gospel and Christian Behavior

Robert Pate

Banned
There is a group of people on this Forum that profess to be Christians, but there is no spiritual evidence that they are Christians, The apostle John said, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits to see if they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1. These professing Christians have been responsible for many leaving the Forum. I will also leave this Forum because of them.

I suspect that these professing Christians have not been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. Which is the Gospel. Like I said, there is no evidence of the Holy Spirit in their lives, they are rude and crude and delight in bullying and name calling. This is not something that a born again Christian does.

Christians are motivated by grace and not by rules, laws and religion. Those that are motivated by grace are also led by the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were led by rules, laws and religion. What did it lead to? They crucified the Lord Jesus Christ. Religion is cruel. The more religious one is the more cruel they become.

In the Gospel, Jesus in our name and on our behalf becomes sin for us, "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. You should be effected by this. If you are not moved by this it is because you are spiritually dead. God so loved the world that he gave us his only begotten son. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Those that believe this are born again and are motivated by grace and the Holy Spirit.

In the Gospel, we have been made perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. God sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ. If God sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ and we believe this, then we should act like it. Christians are called to play their position in Jesus Christ. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and ambassadors of the Gospel, 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Jesus has shed his blood for everybody, Hebrews 2:9. Therefore everyone is of infinite value to God. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of what they have done or what they believe. We are all part of God's creation. Those of us that have been bought with the blood of Christ, 1 Corinthians 6:20, have an obligation to the lost. Jesus said, "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has lost its savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is therefore good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under the foot of men" Matthew 5:13.

I am going to try and practice more of what I preach. I have been guilty in the past of name calling. I will try to repent from doing that as it is a poor witness for Christ and his Gospel and serves no purpose.

john w

Hall of Fame
I will also leave this Forum because of them.
No, you won't, as you have said that "wounded soul....persecution complex...poor me" song and dance, repeatedly, for years. You're beginning to bore us. Then leave, and close the door on your way out, and don't come back too soon, wolfie.
Like I said, there is no evidence of the Holy Spirit in their lives,...

=Which the Catholic fruit inspector spams to every member, on TOL, that disagrees with his satanic, and made up "doctrine," and because, of course, he asserts, ON RECORD, that he is the only saved member on TOL, who preaches "The Gospel," and that believes the bible, even though he admits that he deletes 3/4 of it.

they are rude and crude and delight in bullying and name calling. This is not something that a born again Christian does.

1. Don't name call, you "rude and crude...reprobates...spiritually dead as a rock...There is 0 evidence that you are indwelt with the Holy Spirit...You are not a Christian but you think that you are... " TOL members, even though I just did.

And the Oscar goes to.....

Pope Pate.

2. You made up this "name calling is unbiblical," pope Pate.

-The Lord Jesus Christ:vipers..serpents... devils..hypocrites...whited sepulchres..

-John the B:Brood of vipers...

-Paul: child of the devil...whited wall... grievous wolves....

Peter:Dogs...

And on, and on....Pate just makes things up, from "Pate-ianity"

And, oh yes, this classic bit of "Pater-ianity" "logic," attempting to justify his name calling:

Christian don't call other Christians names,...as a matter of fact Christians don't call anyone names.
It is not of the Holy Spirit, which leads me to believe that you are as spiritually dead as a rock.
(=Christians don't call anyone names, you who are spiritually dead as a rock!!!!)

I don't call people names. Telling you and John W that you are spiritually dead is not calling you a name. I am stating a fact.

This fool needs another straight jacket.

I never engage in name calling, pope Pate, as whatever names I call you, is just stating a fact.

"Pate-ianity" taught us that.

Come on, pope Pate-respond with another name calling, which, of course, is really not-just a fact, according to papa Pate.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
There is a group of people on this Forum that profess to be Christians, but there is no spiritual evidence that they are Christians, The apostle John said, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits to see if they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1. These professing Christians have been responsible for many leaving the Forum. I will also leave this Forum because of them.

And I charged your judges at that time, saying,
Hear the causes between your brethren,
and judge righteously between every man and his brother,
and the stranger that is with him.
Ye shall not respect persons in judgment;
but ye shall hear the small as well as the great;
ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's:
and the cause that is too hard for you,
bring it unto me, and I will hear it.

Deuteronomy 1:16-17

I suspect that these professing Christians have not been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. Which is the Gospel. Like I said, there is no evidence of the Holy Spirit in their lives, they are rude and crude and delight in bullying and name calling. This is not something that a born again Christian does.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive;
but be gentle unto all men,
apt to teach,
patient,
in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves;
if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil,
who are taken captive by him at his will.

2 Timothy 2:24-26

Christians are motivated by grace and not by rules, laws and religion. Those that are motivated by grace are also led by the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were led by rules, laws and religion. What did it lead to? They crucified the Lord Jesus Christ. Religion is cruel. The more religious one is the more cruel they become.

Above all, taking the shield of faith,
wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Ephesians 6:16

In the Gospel, Jesus in our name and on our behalf becomes sin for us, "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. You should be effected by this. If you are not moved by this it is because you are spiritually dead. God so loved the world that he gave us his only begotten son. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. Those that believe this are born again and are motivated by grace and the Holy Spirit.

This people draw nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honour Me with their lips;
but their heart is far from Me.

Matthew 15:8

If ye love Me, keep My commandments.
John 14:15

In the Gospel, we have been made perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. God sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ. If God sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ and we believe this, then we should act like it. Christians are called to play their position in Jesus Christ. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and ambassadors of the Gospel, 2 Corinthians 5:20.

Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile,
and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,

1 Peter 2:1

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
James 2:12

Jesus has shed his blood for everybody, Hebrews 2:9. Therefore everyone is of infinite value to God. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of what they have done or what they believe. We are all part of God's creation. Those of us that have been bought with the blood of Christ, 1 Corinthians 6:20, have an obligation to the lost. Jesus said, "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has lost its savor, wherewith shall it be salted? It is therefore good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under the foot of men" Matthew 5:13.

For He shall have judgment without mercy, that have shewed no mercy;
and mercy rejoices against judgment.
What does it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works?
can faith save him?

James 2:13-14

I am going to try and practice more of what I preach. I have been guilty in the past of name calling. I will try to repent from doing that as it is a poor witness for Christ and his Gospel and serves no purpose.

Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you,
because ye go to law one with another.
Why do ye not rather take wrong?
why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?

1 Corinthians 6:7

~
Probably no use talking to you, if you've fled.
But in case you haven't.

You're clinging to your gospel, and faith, while complaining bitterly.
You aren't giving in an inch, not even to consider slightly the reproofs
which you receive from the rest of "the body of Christ".

Jesus gives us a mouth, and wisdom, that none shall gainsay.
You are complaining you have been gainsayed.
And while you are being driven away like chaff on the wind,
you are declaring (or telling yourself), you are like the tree by the river.

If your right eye offends you, pluck it out and cast it far away from you.
It is better than being cast into hell.

Praise ye the LORD.
Praise, O ye servants of the LORD,
praise the name of the LORD.

Psalm 113:1

Truster

"Bowels of Mercy. Compassion, sympathy.

The affections were at one time supposed to be the outcome of certain secretions or organs, as the bile, the kidneys, the heart, the head, the liver, the bowels, the spleen, and so on." (Brewer's)

PS It seems Pate may well be returning shortly, involuntarily...