Is Jesus a demigod?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Have you read about adoption?
I really like this passage in Revelation.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
ὁ νικῶν κληρονομήσει πάντα καὶ ἔσομαι αὐτῷ θεὸς καὶ αὐτὸς ἔσται μοι ὁ υἱός

You are still alive, and haven't inherited yet.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I really like this passage in Revelation.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
ὁ νικῶν κληρονομήσει πάντα καὶ ἔσομαι αὐτῷ θεὸς καὶ αὐτὸς ἔσται μοι ὁ υἱός

You are still alive, and haven't inherited yet.
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and I am an adopted son of God. You said that I am not a son of The Most High God. I am.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and I am an adopted son of God. You said that I am not a son of The Most High God. I am.

You are not a progeny which this verse emphasizes. But a son of the most high, in effect an angelic being, thou art not.

genuineoriginal

Well, I see our latest Cult follower agrees with you, GO. :sigh:
There are some damnable heresies that have become the primary doctrines of the mainstream Christian denominations.
Some of the cults have rejected those damnable heresies but have added their own.
I try to stay true to what the Bible clearly teaches and don't blindly follow any of the teachings of man that contradict the clear teachings of the Bible, whether it comes from a mainstream Christian denomination or from a cult.

glorydaz

There are some damnable heresies that have become the primary doctrines of the mainstream Christian denominations.
Some of the cults have rejected those damnable heresies but have added their own.
I try to stay true to what the Bible clearly teaches and don't blindly follow any of the teachings of man that contradict the clear teachings of the Bible, whether it comes from a mainstream Christian denomination or from a cult.

Actually, you've found yourself afraid to move in either direction. That's stagnation.

In other words, you refuse to grow in knowledge and grace. :sigh:

glorydaz

Be warned, Jacob.

Be discerning, because Sabbath Moon is Satan's minister. She is here to lead you astray.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.​

RealityJerk

All of these christological, theological, ontological questions, are a distraction. A pursuit of the flesh. It won't save you, it won't sanctify you, it won't do anything for you other than swell your head. Big swollen head/ego. How can I know, with absolute certainty, how Christ exactly relates to YHWH? What's the ontological relationship, EXACTLY, between The Son and The Father? Do you know? I don't. How can anyone know that? We have ideas, opinions, often very strong opinions..That's about it. What you can have, is a personal encounter and relationship with the Living God/YHWH and His Son. You can have the experience of God's presence in your life.

Whoever is actually born again, born from above, knows God is real, Jesus is real, the Holy Spirit is real, the gospel is real, all of these realities aren't figments of the imagination. It's not just someone's personal opinion or sentiment, nor is it a fairy tale. If you're actually a born again, child of God, then you know that the basic beliefs in respect to the biblical God, His Son, Salvation, Resurrection, The Power of God to transform your life, all of that is REAL/REALITY. I may not be able to define exactly how Jesus is One with The Father, or how exactly Jesus is divine, but I do know He's my King and Savior.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Be warned, Jacob.

Be discerning, because Sabbath Moon is Satan's minister. She is here to lead you astray.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.​
Now what?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All of these christological, theological, ontological questions, are a distraction. A pursuit of the flesh. It won't save you, it won't sanctify you, it won't do anything for you other than swell your head. Big swollen head/ego. How can I know, with absolute certainty, how Christ exactly relates to YHWH? What's the ontological relationship, EXACTLY, between The Son and The Father? Do you know? I don't. How can anyone know that? We have ideas, opinions, often very strong opinions..That's about it. What you can have, is a personal encounter and relationship with the Living God/YHWH and His Son. You can have the experience of God's presence in your life.

Whoever is actually born again, born from above, knows God is real, Jesus is real, the Holy Spirit is real, the gospel is real, all of these realities aren't figments of the imagination. It's not just someone's personal opinion or sentiment, nor is it a fairy tale. If you're actually a born again, child of God, then you know that the basic beliefs in respect to the biblical God, His Son, Salvation, Resurrection, The Power of God to transform your life, all of that is REAL/REALITY. I may not be able to define exactly how Jesus is One with The Father, or how exactly Jesus is divine, but I do know He's my King and Savior.
Sounds good.

genuineoriginal

Actually, you've found yourself afraid to move in either direction.
There are reasons not to move in either direction.

Deuteronomy 5:32
32 Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.​

And for when you object to "legalism"

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:​

I am not carried away from the doctrines of scripture by every wind of the doctrines of men.

Ephesians 4:14
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;​

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
No it isn't.
The scriptures never say the "sons of god" are angels.
You need to go back to the scriptures.

The phrases messengers i.e. angels of God, and sons of God are used interchangeably in the gospel account of the waking of the dead.

Not all angels are born of God, some are human. Thus angel is a transliteration, but it's meaning isn't correct.

“nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection."

“For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God[fn] in heaven."

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan[fn] also came among them.