The Day Of Rest

clefty

I said
The Sabbath rest was old testament that isnt in the new testament. The old testament was only a shadow of things to come. Let no one judge you about the Sabbath. That was old testament.

[Col 2:16-17
[16] So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
[17] which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

If they were a shadow of things to come...then why did Paul write “they ARE” and still...did you notice that?paul used present tense...is why the jews could NOT use this letter as evidence in his trial that jews claimed he taught Yahushua changed the custom given by Moses...and as Luke was clear this jewish claim was FALSE WITNESS

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If they were a shadow of things to come...then why did Paul write “they ARE” and still...did you notice that?paul used present tense...is why the jews could NOT use this letter as evidence in his trial that jews claimed he taught Yahushua changed the custom given by Moses...and as Luke was clear this jewish claim was FALSE WITNESS

I said
lol Are you a woman?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The Sabbath rest was old testament that isnt in the new testament. The old testament was only a shadow of things to come. Let no one judge you about the Sabbath. That was old testament.

[Col 2:16-17
[16] So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
[17] which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

The rest that Joshua did not give us is likely not the Sabbath rest.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
But he didnt.
[Heb 4:8
[8] For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.

Have you read to see if the word was ever used in relation to Joshua? That might be a good idea. To find out why the author of Hebrews says that he didn't.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The word rest in the book of Joshua.

Joshua 1:13 NASB - "Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, saying, 'The LORD your God gives you rest and will give you this land.'

Joshua 1:15 NASB - until the LORD gives your brothers rest, as [He gives] you, and they also possess the land which the LORD your God is giving them. Then you shall return to your own land, and possess that which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you beyond the Jordan toward the sunrise."

Joshua 3:13 NASB - "It shall come about when the soles of the feet of the priests who carry the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, rest in the waters of the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan will be cut off, [and] the waters which are flowing down from above will stand in one heap."

Joshua 11:23 NASB - So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD had spoken to Moses, and Joshua gave it for an inheritance to Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. Thus the land had rest from war.

Joshua 13:22 NASB - The sons of Israel also killed Balaam the son of Beor, the diviner, with the sword among [the rest of] their slain.

Joshua 13:27 NASB - and in the valley, Beth-haram and Beth-nimrah and Succoth and Zaphon, the rest of the kingdom of Sihon king of Heshbon, with the Jordan as a border, as far as the [lower] end of the Sea of Chinnereth beyond the Jordan to the east.

Joshua 14:15 NASB - Now the name of Hebron was formerly Kiriath-arba; [for Arba] was the greatest man among the Anakim. Then the land had rest from war.

Joshua 17:2 NASB - So [the lot] was [made] for the rest of the sons of Manasseh according to their families: for the sons of Abiezer and for the sons of Helek and for the sons of Asriel and for the sons of Shechem and for the sons of Hepher and for the sons of Shemida; these [were] the male descendants of Manasseh the son of Joseph according to their families.

Joshua 17:6 NASB - because the daughters of Manasseh received an inheritance among his sons. And the land of Gilead belonged to the rest of the sons of Manasseh.

Joshua 21:5 NASB - The rest of the sons of Kohath received ten cities by lot from the families of the tribe of Ephraim and from the tribe of Dan and from the half-tribe of Manasseh.

Joshua 21:20 NASB - Then the cities from the tribe of Ephraim were allotted to the families of the sons of Kohath, the Levites, [even to] the rest of the sons of Kohath.

Joshua 21:26 NASB - All the cities with their pasture lands for the families of the rest of the sons of Kohath were ten.

Joshua 21:34 NASB - To the families of the sons of Merari, the rest of the Levites, [they gave] from the tribe of Zebulun, Jokneam with its pasture lands and Kartah with its pasture lands.

Joshua 21:40 NASB - All [these were] the cities of the sons of Merari according to their families, the rest of the families of the Levites; and their lot was twelve cities.

Joshua 21:44 NASB - And the LORD gave them rest on every side, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers, and no one of all their enemies stood before them; the LORD gave all their enemies into their hand.

Joshua 22:4 NASB - "And now the LORD your God has given rest to your brothers, as He spoke to them; therefore turn now and go to your tents, to the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you beyond the Jordan.

Joshua 23:1 NASB - Now it came about after many days, when the LORD had given rest to Israel from all their enemies on every side, and Joshua was old, advanced in years,

Joshua 23:12 NASB - "For if you ever go back and cling to the rest of these nations, these which remain among you, and intermarry with them, so that you associate with them and they with you,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Have you read to see if the word was ever used in relation to Joshua? That might be a good idea. To find out why the author of Hebrews says that he didn't.

I said
Not for a Christian. It makes no difference why he said it. Your straining out gnats.

[Mat 23:24 [24] "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Not for a Christian. It makes no difference why he said it. Your straining out gnats.

[Mat 23:24 [24] "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
Then Hebrews was not written for Christians? Read the verses in my post above yours.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Then Hebrews was not written for Christians? Read the verses in my post above yours.

I said
It doesnt make any difference where the verses came from it doesnt make any difference who said them. If it is in the new testament it is for Christians.
New Testament

[Mat 4:4
[4] But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
It doesnt make any difference where the verses came from it doesnt make any difference who said them. If it is in the new testament it is for Christians.
New Testament

[Mat 4:4
[4] But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "
If it is for Christians, and I believe that it is, then I see nothing wrong with it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If it is for Christians, and I believe that it is, then I see nothing wrong with it.

I said
We can only prove our faith in the Word through Jesus by abiding in the doctrine of Jesus. The new testament.

[2Jo 1:7-11
[7] For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
[8] Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
[9] Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
[11] for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
We can only prove our faith in the Word through Jesus by abiding in the doctrine of Jesus. The new testament.

[2Jo 1:7-11
[7] For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
[8] Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
[9] Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
[11] for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
Jesus' Word, words, and doctrine or teaching.

clefty

Amen.

Hebrews 8:6 ¶But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Indeed...and yet Paul is clear that these shadows “ARE” and not “were” of better things to come...

Paul knew as it says in Heb 10:1

“The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves...”

...is why Peter preached there is NO DISTINCTION made by Yah between those myriads of believing jews STILL zealous for the Law and the goyim crowding the synagogues to hear Moses preached and read every Sabbath in every city...

Just like when the church was in the wilderness and He was already its head...and His ONE LAW was for both native and goyim alike

Let no man BTW judge you your keeping of these shadows BUT the body of Christ.

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/chur...sons-more-do-not-keep-the-biblical-holy-days/

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' Word, words, and doctrine or teaching.

I said
They are salvation.

[1Co 4:6
[6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
[18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
[19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
They are salvation.

[1Co 4:6
[6] Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

[Rev 22:18-19
[18] For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
[19] and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

It is important to know when you are helping or hurting. To help someone to come into truth or to come to know the truth is beneficial.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is important to know when you are helping or hurting. To help someone to come into truth or to come to know the truth is beneficial.

I said
It doesnt work like that. A born again Christian can only plant seeds.

[1Co 3:5-11
[5] Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
[6] I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
[8] Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
[9] For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, [you are] God's building.
[10] According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
[11] For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
It doesnt work like that. A born again Christian can only plant seeds.

[1Co 3:5-11
[5] Who then is Paul, and who [is] Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
[6] I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
[7] So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
[8] Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
[9] For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, [you are] God's building.
[10] According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
[11] For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

The reason two people would be equal is first because they are both born again.