The Day Of Rest

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I guess I missed it. Try again.
Which question? You can go back and look.

Our conversation included a question of you and a question of you in response to your answer. As I remember it. I am sorry, I am writing from my phone and I did not quote your posts from then. Do you try to answer the first question or the most recent question?

What is Sabbath rest and what is the rest that Joshua did not give us? Did Joshua give anyone rest?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

True dat... in 'time past'. Eph 2:11-12

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
Can it be spiritualized? What do we see in Hebrews?

clefty

True dat... in 'time past'. Eph 2:11-12

Paul here is NOT referencing the times past when the church was in the wilderness times past but the times past these the letter is dispensed to were without CHRIST...and aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers...oh just read it yourself...

“Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called uthe Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

I bolded the “but now you are” Paul was getting them to...he goes on to say they are ONE with Israel...just like before in times past when there were aliens and foreigners and strangers within their gates but saved from Egypt WITH THEM...and under ONE LAW...the SAME LAW...which is now dispensed to these this letter of Paul is dispensed to...

Which is why James concluded the Jerusalem council with 4 things these goyim are to do in order to be able to crowd the synanagogues every Sabbath in every city to hear Moses preached and read to them...3 of them included the SAME OT dietary restrictions for goyim as when during the times past the church was in the wilderness (He was their head even then as even before Abraham I AM...)

EVEN Peter was clear Acts 15:9 that Yah made NO DISTINCTION between believing jews and these believing goyim crowding synagogues every Sabbath to hear Moses preached and read because He had cleansed their hearts BY FAITH...neat eh?

Is why Heb 4:9 a sabbatismos remains for His people...no distinction is made...

I think meeting on different days would be a distinction in any group yes?

Well Peter of these believing goyim was clear that Yah made NO DISTINCTION...even dietary restrictions were observed...no goyim thought Swine was food even though it was not offered to idols or not strangled or not full of blood...ok well after many years and changing times and laws yes...but not in this time past...when this letter was dispensed

clefty

Indeed:

Hebrews 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

And that better Hope expected that two times continue long into the future...winter times and Sabbath times...Matt 24:20 He even instructed prayers be said that this law be kept during times of trouble...not even that they be spared or survive but that the Sabbath be not broken...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Which question? You can go back and look.

Our conversation included a question of you and a question of you in response to your answer. As I remember it. I am sorry, I am writing from my phone and I did not quote your posts from then. Do you try to answer the first question or the most recent question?

What is Sabbath rest and what is the rest that Joshua did not give us? Did Joshua give anyone rest?

I said
The Sabbath rest was old testament that isnt in the new testament. The old testament was only a shadow of things to come. Let no one judge you about the Sabbath. That was old testament.

[Col 2:16-17
[16] So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
[17] which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.