The Day Of Rest

clefty

Jesus said:

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Yup...a sabbath rest...a literal full day and after six days of work...

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

Hebrew was written in Greek and the author resorts to a non Greek word “Sabbatismos” which reaches back to the Hebrew and its sabbath keeping...Greeks were sophisticated and civilized they have their own words for Saturday or Sunday or even holiday...but the author specifically wanted to make it about sabbath keeping...

Rest as Yah did...after 6 days of work...be diligent to enter that rest lest you fall into disobendience as the other sabbath keepers did...

Hawkins

If Joshua had given them rest, for example.

Those verses are about how Heaven was foreshadowed through the Jews. The basic parallel is,

Moses, the great prophet led the Jews out of Egypt from being enslaved, into the promised land of Canaan.
Jesus, the greatest prophet led humans out of Hades from being enslaved, into the promised land of Heaven.

The first generation of Jews were refused to enter Canaan. It is indicative of an oath said by God that "they can never enter my rest", which in NT era means that only the believers will be saved, but not those rebellious in our generation.

One of God's purpose of Sabbath is more like a declaration of His sovereignty. He rested on the seventh day. Today human kind has the same calendar to rest in weekends. Whether it's a Sunday or Saturday is less of importance. However if you are a Jew choosing to observe in accordance to the OT Sabbath, you may follow the same custom as delivered from the 10 commandments. We gentile Christians would rather attend Sunday services during our resting weekends.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup...a sabbath rest...a literal full day and after six days of work...

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

Hebrew was written in Greek and the author resorts to a non Greek word “Sabbatismos” which reaches back to the Hebrew and its sabbath keeping...Greeks were sophisticated and civilized they have their own words for Saturday or Sunday or even holiday...but the author specifically wanted to make it about sabbath keeping...

Rest as Yah did...after 6 days of work...be diligent to enter that rest lest you fall into disobendience as the other sabbath keepers did...

I said
lol Or rest after 6000 years when Jesus returns.

clefty

Those verses are about how Heaven was foreshadowed through the Jews. The basic parallel is,

Moses, the great prophet led the Jews out of Egypt from being enslaved, into the promised land of Canaan.
Jesus, the greatest prophet led humans out of Hades from being enslaved, into the promised land of Heaven.

The first generation of Jews were refused to enter Canaan. It is indicative of an oath said by God that "they can never enter my rest", which in NT era means that only the believers will be saved, but not those rebellious in our generation.

One of God's purpose of Sabbath is more like a declaration of His sovereignty. He rested on the seventh day. Today human kind has the same calendar to rest in weekends. Whether it's a Sunday or Saturday is less of importance. However if you are a Jew choosing to observe in accordance to the OT Sabbath, you may follow the same custom as delivered from the 10 commandments. We gentile Christians would rather attend Sunday services during our resting weekends.

Now it’s resting all weekends?

“Would rather”...some Israelites would rather worship a golden calf...that’s nice

So much for dying to self and living His way...

“Would rather...less importance...weekend of rest”

Soon it’s rest all week...layabout LAYodacian...lol

Sabbath was made for man...not just jews...

Sabbath was made for man as was woman...you reject her too?

Some sinners reject both...WOULD RATHER same sex it...and claim all that was abolished...too OT

Last edited:

Hawkins

Now it’s resting all weekends?

The point is, all mankind now are adapting God's calendar. This stands a witness of God's sovereignty. The rest is not as important.

Are you saying that Christians in the past thousand years have been practicing something wrong? I won't come to such an answer that lightly to put Christians in majority in the history of Christianity to the wrong side.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The rest that Yah entered into in verse 10 was a seventh day rest...He then had to get back to work and keep working to save stiffnecked ones like you...

I said
lol You only assume it was.

[2Pe 3:8
[8] But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day [is] as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[Rev 20:2-3
[2] He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is [the] Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
[3] and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You can change your view. I will not lock you into it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Where is your faith that God will reveal all the truth that you need for salvation?

Are you asking if rest is relevant to salvation? What about all the details of the book of Hebrews? Of course. But you can learn about salvation in Jesus Christ throughout the New Testament.

clefty

The point is, all mankind now are adapting God's calendar. This stands a witness of God's sovereignty. The rest is not as important.
ummmm NOPE...all mankind is NOT adapting Yah’s calendar...His is clearly recorded in scripture as beginning in the spring having 7 festivals and no such thing as christmas or New Years or birthdays or easter...

What the world is adaptin is a roman calendar that a pope updated and even our founding father’s had TWO birthdays a year as protestant England only adopted that pope’s calendar in 1725...

But since all that is NOT important to you what does it matter to you that you worship with false counterfeit worship...follow after the beast...who changed both times and laws...

Are you saying that Christians in the past thousand years have been practicing something wrong?
you think Peter Paul Yahushua Himself were lying or faking when repeatedly warning of FALSE TEACHERS FALSE TEACHINGS wolves in sheeps clothing come to steal the sheep? You think Satan was ALREADY bound for a thousand years and NOT able to tempt others AWAY from Him HIS WAY? OF COURSE the counterfeit must look as close to the real as possible...and traditions are habitual and RIGHT because well...they be traditions right? DONE FOR SO LONG BY SO MANY PEOPLE

I won't come to such an answer that lightly to put Christians in majority in the history of Christianity to the wrong side.

What part of “narrow is the path” don’t you get? This is not catholic as in FOR EVERYONE WILL CHOOSE IT...but a remnant...an elect...

What part of “My kingdom is NOT of this world”...its traditions or genes...confuses you? It is certainly NOT a political economic military world order...(nothing new about it BTW)

clefty

I said
lol You only assume it was.
yes because already in Heb 4:4 the author writes exactly about His entering rest on the seventh day...

[2Pe 3:8
[8] But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day [is] as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
so He rested a thousand years? Or made the world in 6000?

[Rev 20:2-3
[2] He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is [the] Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
[3] and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

So satan is bound cast into a bottomless pit shut up set a seal on not able to deceive the nations...all for a day?

What just what I tell ya does any of that have to do with Heb 4:9 sabbatismos? A rest He entered into and now ceased from his works AS YAH did from His...a day or a thousand years?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Are you asking if rest is relevant to salvation? What about all the details of the book of Hebrews? Of course. But you can learn about salvation in Jesus Christ throughout the New Testament.

I said
You cant reach the Day Of Rest until after you have reached salvation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
ummmm NOPE...all mankind is NOT adapting Yah’s calendar...His is clearly recorded in scripture as beginning in the spring having 7 festivals and no such thing as christmas or New Years or birthdays or easter...

What the world is adaptin is a roman calendar that a pope updated and even our founding father’s had TWO birthdays a year as protestant England only adopted that pope’s calendar in 1725...

But since all that is NOT important to you what does it matter to you that you worship with false counterfeit worship...follow after the beast...who changed both times and laws...

you think Peter Paul Yahushua Himself were lying or faking when repeatedly warning of FALSE TEACHERS FALSE TEACHINGS wolves in sheeps clothing come to steal the sheep? You think Satan was ALREADY bound for a thousand years and NOT able to tempt others AWAY from Him HIS WAY? OF COURSE the counterfeit must look as close to the real as possible...and traditions are habitual and RIGHT because well...they be traditions right? DONE FOR SO LONG BY SO MANY PEOPLE

What part of “narrow is the path” don’t you get? This is not catholic as in FOR EVERYONE WILL CHOOSE IT...but a remnant...an elect...

What part of “My kingdom is NOT of this world”...its traditions or genes...confuses you? It is certainly NOT a political economic military world order...(nothing new about it BTW)

I said
ROFLOL

bibleverse2

Squeaky said in post #26:

. . . rest after 6000 years when Jesus returns.

Also, Jesus said:

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Also, Jesus said:

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

I said
The Purpose of Suffering
Eccl 9:1-18

1 For I considered all this in my heart, so that I could declare it all: that the righteous and the wise and their works are in the hand of God. People know neither love nor hatred by anything they see before them.
2 All things come alike to all: one event happens to the righteous and the wicked; to the good, the clean, and the unclean; to him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice. As is the good, so is the sinner; he who takes an oath as he who fears an oath.
3 This is an evil in all that is done under the sun: that one thing happens to all. Truly the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil; madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
4 But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
5 For the living know that they will die; but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.
6 Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share in anything done under the sun.
7 Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already accepted your works.
8 Let your garments always be white, and let your head lack no oil.
9 Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
11 I returned and saw under the sun that-- the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.
12 For man also does not know his time: like fish taken in a cruel net, like birds caught in a snare, so the sons of men are snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly upon them.
13 This wisdom I have also seen under the sun, and it seemed great to me:
14 There was a little city with few men in it; and a great king came against it, besieged it, and built great snares around it.
15 Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no one remembered that same poor man.
16 Then I said: "Wisdom is better than strength. Nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
17 Words of the wise, spoken quietly, should be heard rather than the shout of a ruler of fools.
18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war; but one sinner destroys much good."
(NKJ)

XXX Nothing pleases God that man can pocess. The only thing that pleases God is to see you suffer wrongfully and do it willingly. Your suffering against your emotions will be the meat for atleast eleven years. That is what love is.

[1Ti 1:5
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, [from] a good conscience, and [from] sincere faith,
[1Pe 2:18-23
18 Servants, [be] submissive to [your] masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.
19 For this [is] commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit [is it] if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this [is] commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth";
23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed [Himself] to Him who judges righteously;
2 Cor 1:6-13
6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
7 And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation.
8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life.
9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,
11 you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.
12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.
13 For we are not writing any other things to you than what you read or understand. Now I trust you will understand, even to the end
[Phl 3:14-19
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to [the degree] that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, [that they are] the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end [is] destruction, whose god [is their] belly, and [whose] glory [is] in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things.