Sabbath

clefty

[MENTION=16079]clefty[/MENTION], when Jesus spoke to this woman, was the hour present or to come?
He answered you already...keep reading the passage

You seem to be drawing quite a few conclusions from present and future tense references, and I thought maybe you would appreciate this (or not.)
I do appreciate it...already as Yahushua was establishing the New Covenant with His teachings and lifestyle demonstrating He was establishing indeed the Law...worship in spirit and truth was already occuring without the mountain or jerusalem...in that New Covenant He signed with His blood and SEALED with His death...NO CHANGES after the death of the testator ok?

John 4:21-24 KJV
(21) Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
(22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

As I said they already were worshipping the Father through HIM...without the mountain or jerusalem...

Is WHY He instruced prayers be said that in persecutions in the future pray that your flight be NOT in winters or on the SABBATHS...as He expected both winters and Sabbaths to continue without the mountain or jerusalem or obviously a temple...worship in Spirit and Truth don’t need that trinity either...mountain city temple...LOL

Tenses don't prove what you're trying to make them prove Clefty.
sure they do...

Heb 10:1 is like Heb 4:9 as in “the Law IS” and “a sabbatismos remains” NOT “was” or “remained”...until the final dispensation lol

clefty

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/covenant

"an agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not do something specified."

Do you disagree with this definition?

And exactly when was this second agreement written? Who wrote it? Signed it? Sealed it?

After the death of a testator are changes to this LEGAL DOCUMENT ALLOWED?

Even the Roman Catholics agree the 10 remain immutable and binding...just their application is altered by tradition...her tradition claiming authority outside the Bible to change it from seventh day Sabbath to sunday...as a sign of her power and authority she claims to be able to change both times and laws...

Do I HAVE to google all that up for you? Her boastful claims to have changed seventh day sabbath from sunday AFTER the new covenant was signed and sealed...even after the Author ascended...after the last epistles were post marked received....

I mean I will if you need me to...but feel free to google it yourself...

Rosenritter

He answered you already...keep reading the passage

I do appreciate it...already as Yahushua was establishing the New Covenant with His teachings and lifestyle demonstrating He was establishing indeed the Law...worship in spirit and truth was already occuring without the mountain or jerusalem...in that New Covenant He signed with His blood and SEALED with His death...NO CHANGES after the death of the testator ok?

As I said they already were worshipping the Father through HIM...without the mountain or jerusalem...

No, they weren't, not yet. He didn't say that this is the hour when they are worshiping in spirit and truth, he says it is the hour when they shall worship in spirit and truth.

Rosenritter

And exactly when was this second agreement written? Who wrote it? Signed it? Sealed it?

After the death of a testator are changes to this LEGAL DOCUMENT ALLOWED?

Even the Roman Catholics agree the 10 remain immutable and binding...just their application is altered by tradition...her tradition claiming authority outside the Bible to change it from seventh day Sabbath to sunday...as a sign of her power and authority she claims to be able to change both times and laws...

Do I HAVE to google all that up for you? Her boastful claims to have changed seventh day sabbath from sunday AFTER the new covenant was signed and sealed...even after the Author ascended...after the last epistles were post marked received....

I mean I will if you need me to...but feel free to google it yourself...

Wow! Such a violent reaction to the dictionary definition.

The second agreement is written in our hearts, through his words. "A new commandment I give unto you" and "You have heard that it hath been said... but I say unto you..." The terms of the agreement are as he spoke.

The signature and signing of the agreement is in his own blood.

The parties of the agreement are Christ and "whomsoever believeth in him" (John 3:16).

But it would be much more helpful if you would answer those questions (that you posed) regarding the Old Covenant.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So when will you agree to live as He did and asked you to...if you love Him? Or copy Paul as he copied Christ...

I said
Well I'm working at it. God gave His Word to Jesus and Jesus gave Gods Word to Paul, and Paul gave Gods Word to me, and I'm giving it to you.

clefty

No, they weren't, not yet. He didn't say that this is the hour when they are worshiping in spirit and truth, he says it is the hour when they shall worship in spirit and truth.

How much time do you think there was between John 4:23 and John 4:39?

And by the time John 4:42 you don’t think that hour is and is come and was as they “SHALL WORSHIPPED” indeed?

“We have heard ourselves and know that this is indeed the Christ Savior of the world...

That temple over there WAS EMPTY...there was NOTHING there except moneychangers LOL...

You think they were worshipping Him there?

TRUE Believers were already believing in THAT HOUR on HIM...NOT at the Spiritless empty temple on that mountain in that city...

SPIRIT AND TRUTH NEEDS NO MOUNTIAN CITY OR TEMPLE...please dont get MAD

Last edited:

clefty

I said
Well I'm working at it. God gave His Word to Jesus and Jesus gave Gods Word to Paul, and Paul gave Gods Word to me, and I'm giving it to you.

No you are not...you are given me your version of it...claiming no OT in the NT and that Sabbath was changed any day or everyday is good enough...that is only 9/10

You are giving me bad fruit my brother...rotten goods...pushing a fish cart of dirty LIES that He CHANGED the customs Moses delivered...

I ain’t buying or picking up what you are putting down...that stuff STINKS...is abomination because it looks real but is a counterfeit to what He offers...Heb 4:9

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No you are not...you are given me your version of it...claiming no OT in the NT and that Sabbath was changed any day or everyday is good enough...that is only 9/10

You are giving me bad fruit my brother...rotten goods...pushing a fish cart of dirty LIES that He CHANGED the customs Moses delivered...

I ain’t buying or picking up what you are putting down...that stuff STINKS...is abomination because it looks real but is a counterfeit to what He offers...Heb 4:9

I said
I can only give you what He has given me. Look if you dont like what Jesus has given me, you go tell Him. And if you can get Him to change it, I will also. But your argument is not with me, it is with Jesus. Go tell Him. Oh yeah and when you get done be sure and come back and tell me how that went.

[Jhn 10:1-9
[1] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
[2] "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
[3] "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
[4] "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
[5] "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
[6] Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
[7] Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
[8] "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
[9] "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

clefty

Wow! Such a violent reaction to the dictionary definition.
lol...violent? Yes I imagine light blinds eyes not used to it...Holy Spirit pricks...

The second agreement is written in our hearts, through his words. "A new commandment I give unto you" and "You have heard that it hath been said... but I say unto you..." The terms of the agreement are as he spoke.
ok so He included how many 3 of the 10? 4? Did James expect the believing goyim to do only 4 things? 3 of which included kosher laws...to hear Moses read and preached in every city EVERY SABBATH?

The signature and signing of the agreement is in his own blood.
did He make any changes to the customs He kept? Sabbath began His ministry Sabbath was 7 healings all of which could have happened the next day...Sabbath was the day He slept (dead) and was rested and refreshed rising HEALED...Sabbath was the first full day of the NEW COVENANT AGE...Sabbath was the ONLY commandment He instructed kept in future times in future times of trouble...

The parties of the agreement are Christ and "whomsoever believeth in him" (John 3:16).
believeth and OBEYS WHAT? Only a few? NONE?

But it would be much more helpful if you would answer those questions (that you posed) regarding the Old Covenant.

Helpful to you would be to get your own oil so when you wake up from your sleep when the bridegroom comes YOU ALREADY HAVE IT...I CANT GIVE YOU MINE THEN...

Let it not be said of your LORD! LORD! that you did NOT do the WIll of OUR FATHER...on earth as it is in heaven

Peter was clear the Holy Spirit is given to those that obey Acts 5:32 obey what? A new list of commands CONTRARY TO THE OLD?

Peter was also clear NO DISTINCTION between believing jew and believing goyim Acts 15:9

Why do you claim there is two lists? Why you divide the Yah’s house rebuild the wall He tore down between the two making a new man citizen of Israel...JUST LIKE when in the wilderness it was ONE LAW for native and goyim alike...

Keep re building all those walls and seperating His people and might as well call it a third temple...LOL

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
JEWS
Rom 2:17-20
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 21:43
43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.
Heb 4:2
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
Rom 11:7-8
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day."
Acts 4:11-12
11 "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Rom 7:5-6
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Rom 10:2-4
2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Rom 11:25-32
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins."
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.
29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
2 Cor 3:12-16
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
Rom 11:8-16
8 Just as it is written: "God has given them a spirit of stupor, eyes that they should not see and ears that they should not hear, to this very day."
9 And David says: "Let their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, and bow down their back always."
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.
15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
Rom 9:24
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Matt 10:33-34
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
I Jn 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
2 Cor 2:6-9
6 This punishment which was inflicted by the majority is sufficient for such a man,
7 so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow.
8 Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him.
9 For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things.
[Jhn 7:19
[19] "Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?"
[2Jo 1:7-11
[7] For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
[8] Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
[9] Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
[11] for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

xxx For Jews or Christians if you dont abide in the new testament of Christ you dont have the right God or the right Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
JEWS
Rom 2:17-20
17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,
18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law,
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 21:43
43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.
Heb 4:2
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
Rom 11:7-8
7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
Acts 4:11-12
11 "This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
12 "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Rom 7:5-6
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Rom 10:2-4
2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Rom 11:25-32
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins."
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.
29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
2 Cor 3:12-16
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
Rom 11:8-16
9 And David says: "Let their table become a snare and a trap, a stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see, and bow down their back always."
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.
15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
Rom 9:24
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Matt 10:33-34
33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
I Jn 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
2 Cor 2:6-9
6 This punishment which was inflicted by the majority is sufficient for such a man,
7 so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow.
8 Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him.
9 For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things.
[Jhn 7:19
[19] "Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?"
[2Jo 1:7-11
[7] For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ [as] coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
[8] Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
[9] Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[10] If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
[11] for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

xxx For Jews or Christians if you dont abide in the new testament of Christ you dont have the right God or the right Jesus.

How do you do so?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
By believing the new testament and nothing else.

By believing the new testament I must believe what the All Scripture of 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is. But the new testament is a testament, a covenant, not the new testament scriptures though I want to believe them.

clefty

I said
By believing the new testament and nothing else.

Right because the NT was not changed...that it was changed by Yahushua was FALSE WITNESS BY JEWS...

Acts 21:20 “...You see how many myraids of jews there are who have believed and they are ALL ZEALOUS FOR THE LAW”...that would be OT LAW BTW...myraids is tens of thousands

Acts 21:24 “...you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law”

Acts 24:14 But this I confess (to YOU SQUEAKY PAY ATTENTION) that according to the Way which they call a sect so I worship the God of my fathers believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets”

Acts 22:12 Paul even describes the man Ananias as a devout man according to the Law...

The Acts 15 Jerusalem council determined 4 things were required just to begin to fellowship with the believing jews ALL FOUR are in the OT...kosher laws included...James concludes goyim will continue to crowd synagogues every Sabbath...Acts 15:21

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
By believing the new testament I must believe what the All Scripture of 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is. But the new testament is a testament, a covenant, not the new testament scriptures though I want to believe them.

I said
That doesnt make any sense. The new testament or covenant is scripture. The new testament is all the verses in the new testament.

Jesus Took Responsibility for the whole New Testament
John 10:1-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Heb 7:17-19
17 For He testifies: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:24-25
24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
Gal 3:27-29
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Col 3:9-11
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.
Rom 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
Heb 8:8-10
8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
(NKJ)

Luke 4:4
4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'"
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That doesnt make any sense. The new testament or covenant is scripture. The new testament is all the verses in the new testament.

Jesus Took Responsibility for the whole New Testament
John 10:1-9
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Heb 7:17-19
17 For He testifies: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:24-25
24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
Gal 3:27-29
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Col 3:9-11
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.
Rom 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
Heb 8:8-10
8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
(NKJ)

Luke 4:4
4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'"
(NKJ)
I thought the new testament or the new covenant was initiated by the death of Jesus on the cross.