Is marriage between one man and one woman rabbinical?

Hawkins

Does marriage between one man and one woman originate in Judaism? Is it Rabbinical?

There's a significant difference between God and Judaism. IMO, one woman and one man originates from God, instead of Judaism.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is Rabbinical. Started in the 11th century, by Rabbienu Gershom. Until then, men could have multiple wives.

Thank you. I see something like this in the Bible.

Romans 7:1-3 NASB - 1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives? 2 For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband. 3 So then, if while her husband is living she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress though she is joined to another man.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There's a significant difference between God and Judaism. IMO, one woman and one man originates from God, instead of Judaism.

Interesting. Well, thank you. The question is there, but someone may say it was God or Christianity. Judaism does predate Christianity. But the 11th century does not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 7:39 NASB - A wife is bound as long as her husband lives; but if her husband is dead, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

john w

Hall of Fame
Is your addiction posting a thread every 10 seconds, on almost every topic, in the history of the world?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is your addiction posting a thread every 10 seconds, on almost every topic, in the history of the world?

The forum does not allow that. Plus I am reading something online as I respond to people. You could send me a PM or contribute to the thread.

john w

Hall of Fame
The forum does not allow that. Plus I am reading something online as I respond to people. You could send me a PM or contribute to the thread.

Then why do you post a thread every 10 seconds, on almost every topic, in the history of the world?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then why do you post a thread every 10 seconds, on almost every topic, in the history of the world?

Whenever a subject comes up that is new or has not been addressed, we are supposed to post it. But I also try to come up with new topics as they come to my mind which can be discussed. So there is a mixture. Have I sufficiently answered this question of yours on this thread? Because we are required to post in reference to the OP on a thread, or a developed OP or following the flow of the thread I believe the PM system on the website is the best for addressing this kind of issue problem or matter. If you feel that I have asked an inappropriate question in this thread, you can state that here.

john w

Hall of Fame
Whenever a subject comes up that is new or has not been addressed, we are supposed to post it. But I also try to come up with new topics as they come to my mind which can be discussed. So there is a mixture. Have I sufficiently answered this question of yours on this thread? Because we are required to post in reference to the OP on a thread, or a developed OP or following the flow of the thread I believe the PM system on the website is the best for addressing this kind of issue problem or matter. If you feel that I have asked an inappropriate question in this thread, you can state that here.

Why do you post a thread every 10 seconds, on almost every topic, in the history of the world?

john w

Hall of Fame

Yes, you do.

Whenever a subject comes up that is new or has not been addressed, we are supposed to post it. But I also try to come up with new topics as they come to my mind which can be discussed.So, do you like "Rice Krispies?" That is a new topic, has not been addressed, and it came to my mind!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, you do.

Whenever a subject comes up that is new or has not been addressed, we are supposed to post it. But I also try to come up with new topics as they come to my mind which can be discussed.So, do you like "Rice Krispies?" That is a new topic, has not been addressed, and it came to my mind!

I do like Rice Krispies. Are you talking about something related to the website? Theology. Religion. Etc.... There is a Forum here for questions like the one that you are asking. If it has to do with Religion or relates to the OP then it might belong here.

The reason I answered I don't is because you underlined every 10 seconds, which is impossible here but if that was your point then it isn't even happening. I had answered your question understanding the spirit of it that you were meaning that I post very often. Making a post is different than starting a thread I know that. There is nothing wrong with starting a thread. It is a function of the forum.

Do you ever start new threads? I have been instructed to post on other people's threads, and I do.

What are you doing with this thread? Are you being responsible on it? Does your post relate to the OP?

Shalom.

Jacob

john w

Hall of Fame
I do like Rice Krispies. Are you talking about something related to the website? Theology. Religion. Etc.... There is a Forum here for questions like the one that you are asking. If it has to do with Religion or relates to the OP then it might belong here.

The reason I answered I don't is because you underlined every 10 seconds, which is impossible here but if that was your point then it isn't even happening. I had answered your question understanding the spirit of it that you were meaning that I post very often. Making a post is different than starting a thread I know that. There is nothing wrong with starting a thread. It is a function of the forum.

Do you ever start new threads? I have been instructed to post on other people's threads, and I do.

What are you doing with this thread? Are you being responsible on it? Does your post relate to the OP?

Shalom.

Jacob
Whenever a subject comes up that is new or has not been addressed, we are supposed to post it. But I also try to come up with new topics as they come to my mind which can be discussed.So, do you like Budweiser Beer?
I do! That is a new topic, has not been addressed, and it came to my mind!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Whenever a subject comes up that is new or has not been addressed, we are supposed to post it. But I also try to come up with new topics as they come to my mind which can be discussed.So, do you like Budweiser Beer?
I do! That is a new topic, has not been addressed, and it came to my mind!

I don't drink beer. Budweiser has alcohol in it and I am against drinking alcohol. You could start a thread on it instead of interrupting this one. Pick the right forum.

Can you further the cause of Christ on this website?