Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
He was risen to be back to His old self, spirit. Jesus was not flesh before God put him to Mary's womb.

You see, no one recognized Him after He was risen, it is because He was not a flesh anymore.

He had to tell them it is Him.

He, the last Adam, was flesh and bones, like the first Adam was, initially, and the Lord Jesus Christ is flesh and bones, today.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
He, the last Adam, was flesh and bones, like the first Adam was, initially, and the Lord Jesus Christ,is flesh and bones, today.

God made Him flesh and blood. Now His mission accomplished, He went back to His old self, spirit, like God is spirit.

There are many spirit beings, and the Father is the chief Spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
God made Him flesh and blood. Now His mission accomplished, He went back to His old self, spirit, like God is spirit.

There are many spirit beings, and the Father is the chief Spirit.

You just lied again-why?:

Luke 24:39 KJV Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Ephesians 5:30 KJV for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

And her utter disregard for the details of the book, which she treats like an old hat:

John 4:24 KJV
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

vs.

God is spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You just lied again-why?:

Luke 24:39 KJV Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus was only showing it is Him. He is not saying He is flesh and born. He was flesh and bone.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was only showing it is Him. He is not saying He is flesh and born. He was flesh and bone.

Luk 24:36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you."
Luk 24:37 But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.
Luk 24:38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Luk 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
Luk 24:40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.

Luk 24:41 But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, "Have you any food here?"
Luk 24:42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And He took it and ate in their presence.
Luk 24:44 Then He said to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."
Luk 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
Luk 24:46 Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
Luk 24:47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And you are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."

Rosenritter

Of course there are;
John 6:27-29 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom He hath sent.

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Gal 1:1-4 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

1 Thess 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Tim 1:2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

1 Peter 1:2-3 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

2 Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2 John 3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Jude 1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.

Says no verse ever.

There simply are NO passages that state, explain or preach the "Jesus" you proclaim. Rather, there are MANY that state God is the Father.
The simple fact is, the phrase "God the Father" establishes this.
There are ZERO texts that say "God the son", or "God the spirit".

Those are not verses in the OLD Testament. I think you've missed the point entirely.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by john w
1.There is never a statement, in the Old Testament, that asserts that God the Father is God.

There actually is one statement, but you probably won't like it, because ...

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

... because it also proves exactly what you're protesting against.

Rosenritter

God Himself answers your protests;

Thou canst not see my face; for man shall not see Me and live. (Ex 33:20)

Many people have seen visions of Jehovah/YHVH God. Many have seen God's shape. But not one mortal has seen God's Face.... which Jehovah explains is to "see Him".

So, "Thou canst not see my face; for man shall not see Me and live" (Exodus 33:20) ... what exactly do you think it means by "face?" "It is impossible for Jesus to be Jehovah?" I think you're reading that out of context.

Exodus 33:11 KJV
(11) And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Jesus spoke to us face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend, did he not?

It is impossible for Jesus to be Jehovah, according to Jesus himself;
Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

Considering the context of Christ's statement is that he is speaking with authority and not without authority, and that he is maintaining that his words are equal to God's words, and that this is also within the context of the "Father" and "Son" metaphor, then no, if anything that statement reinforces that Jesus is indeed Jehovah in the flesh.

Most of your reasoning seems to be a few presumptions taken to a far extreme, but ignoring the clear explanatory text and especially ignoring the identification Jesus provides in the Revelation. You're allowed to be confused, and there could have been no crucifixion if Jesus had displayed his full power, but you should be willing to listen to Him when he identifies himself.

Revelation 1:8 KJV
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:11 KJV
(11) Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 1:17-18 KJV
(17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
(18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

None of your proof-texts have ever been definitive. Jesus does speak definitively and his word should be the final say here.

Rosenritter

there, how do you twist it, john boy?

Meshak, what do you think Jesus meant when he said that no one has seen God at any time?

Exodus 33:11 KJV
(11) And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

I don't think he meant to exclude God appearing to man directly in front of him, speaking face to face as we speak. What do you think he meant?

Rosenritter

Jesus is forever IN God His Father after His resurrection but it was not so before Jesus was born and lived a life pleasing to His Father--

John 17:5 KJV
(5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Are you sure about that Lazy Afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.