TO ENTER THE KINGDOM

turbosixx

What do you make of the verse that said that the strangers were also under the one law?

It's not surprising to me. God is not God of the Jews only but all men.

It's my understanding that the Jews had God's laws and the Gentiles did not. Here the Passover is being instituted for the Jews and not everyone. It appears God is making allowances for strangers who are temporarily staying with the Jews and are to partake in the Passover, they had to submit to God's law. They could not partake otherwise.

Ex. 12:43 And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the statute of the Passover: no foreigner shall eat of it, 44 but every slave that is bought for money may eat of it after you have circumcised him. 45 No foreigner or hired worker may eat of it. 46 It shall be eaten in one house; you shall not take any of the flesh outside the house, and you shall not break any of its bones. 47 All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. 48 If a stranger shall sojourn with you and would keep the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised. Then he may come near and keep it; he shall be as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it. 49 There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”

Right Divider

Body part
It's not surprising to me. God is not God of the Jews only but all men.
That's pretty easy to understand.

It's my understanding that the Jews had God's laws and the Gentiles did not.
God gave Israel His law. He never gave the law to the gentiles, but those that were going to join with Israel had much of the law that they were to keep.

Here the Passover is being instituted for the Jews and not everyone. It appears God is making allowances for strangers who are temporarily staying with the Jews and are to partake in the Passover, they had to submit to God's law. They could not partake otherwise.
Yep

DougE

I'm sorry but I don't see any evidence here proving Peter and Paul converted Christians differently.

Peter preached Israel was guilty of crucifying Jesus; God raised him up to sit on the throne of David and rule the nations.

Paul preached the cross. Paul preached an inheritance in heaven. Paul preached Christ's resurrection for our justification to eternal life.

Peter is an Apostle and whoever believed his gospel were saved to eternal life. Peter's ministry faded away along with the temporary fall of Israel.

Paul is an Apostle and whoever believes his gospel is saved to eternal life. This is the gospel for today, to be preached to Jew and Gentile til the fullness of the Gentiles, then the gospel Peter taught will be preached again in the tribulation.

Both Peter and Paul preached a message of believing on Jesus.

There are different gospels but all require that at the time they are preached they are to be believed.
All gospels are founded upon the only provision to save anyone, and that is the blood sacrifice of Christ.

turbosixx

Peter preached Israel was guilty of crucifying Jesus; God raised him up to sit on the throne of David and rule the nations.

Paul preached the cross. Paul preached an inheritance in heaven. Paul preached Christ's resurrection for our justification to eternal life.

Peter is an Apostle and whoever believed his gospel were saved to eternal life. Peter's ministry faded away along with the temporary fall of Israel.

Paul is an Apostle and whoever believes his gospel is saved to eternal life. This is the gospel for today, to be preached to Jew and Gentile til the fullness of the Gentiles, then the gospel Peter taught will be preached again in the tribulation.

Both Peter and Paul preached a message of believing on Jesus.

There are different gospels but all require that at the time they are preached they are to be believed.
All gospels are founded upon the only provision to save anyone, and that is the blood sacrifice of Christ.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would back up your points with scripture. For example, I say Paul and those before him converted Christians the exact same way as Jesus instructed, baptize the believers.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

If you could help me see truth from scripture, I would appreciate it.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Well done, DE; however, you might want to break up your post, into more than one post, to avoid breaking TOL rules. I should know, having spent much hours "in the penalty box!"

Or maybe we could have posts that aren't so absolute in nature and maybe have a better conversation rather than 'death to the free willies/robot predestinarians' or 'you're good if you do ~this specifically and nothing else~'.

Might make for friendlier, more open threads.
Jus' sayin

john w

Hall of Fame
Or maybe we could have posts that aren't so absolute in nature and maybe have a better conversation rather than 'death to the free willies/robot predestinarians' or 'you're good if you do ~this specifically and nothing else~'.

Might make for friendlier, more open threads.
Jus' sayin

Oh. And this is not...

ydphypcayq111qc.jpg

Jus' sayin

john w

Hall of Fame

This is why dispensationalism is retarded.
Because they actually believe that.

Vs. your retarded "There is just one piece of good news in the bible," or "I am so retarded, I dunt get that the term 'gospel' merely means 'good news,' and the context tells me what good news is in view" jazz, Jethro?

Thanks for checkin' in, and adding nothing to the discussion, but fluff, Tod.

DougE

I would greatly appreciate it if you would back up your points with scripture. For example, I say Paul and those before him converted Christians the exact same way as Jesus instructed, baptize the believers.
Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Baptism follows belief
Baptism does not save....believing on the Lord Jesus saves

Acts 18:8 Crispus, the ruler of the synagogue, believed in the Lord, together with his entire household. And many of the Corinthians hearing Paul believed and were baptized.

Belief saves....the object of our faith is really what saves, and that is Christ

Peter preached Israel was guilty of crucifying Jesus; God raised him up to sit on the throne of David and rule the nations. Acts 2:30

Paul preached the cross. Galatians 6:14
Paul preached an inheritance in heaven. Ephesians 1:3
Paul preached Christ's resurrection for our justification to eternal life. Romans 4:25

Peter is an Apostle and whoever believed his gospel were saved to eternal life. Acts 4:12
Peter's ministry faded away along with the temporary fall of Israel. Romans 11:12

Paul is an Apostle and whoever believes his gospel is saved to eternal life. Romans 3:23
This is the gospel for today, to be preached to Jew and Gentile til the fullness of the Gentiles, Romans 1:16
then the gospel Peter taught will be preached again in the tribulation. Matthew 24:14

Both Peter and Paul preached a message of believing on Jesus. Acts 11:17 1 Timothy 1:16

Romans 4:3

Romans 3:26

DougE

Baptism follows belief
Baptism does not save....believing on the Lord Jesus saves

Belief saves....the object of our faith is really what saves, and that is Christ

Peter preached Israel was guilty of crucifying Jesus; God raised him up to sit on the throne of David and rule the nations. Acts 2:30

Paul preached Christ's resurrection for our justification to eternal life. Romans 4:25

Peter is an Apostle and whoever believed his gospel were saved to eternal life. Acts 4:12
Peter's ministry faded away along with the temporary fall of Israel. Romans 11:12

Paul is an Apostle and whoever believes his gospel is saved to eternal life. Romans 3:23
This is the gospel for today, to be preached to Jew and Gentile til the fullness of the Gentiles, Romans 1:16
then the gospel Peter taught will be preached again in the tribulation. Matthew 24:14

Both Peter and Paul preached a message of believing on Jesus. Acts 11:17 1 Timothy 1:16

turbosixx

I would suggest you're taking an unfair approach and comparing apples and oranges. My point is, Peter and Paul proclaimed the same gospel and converted Christians the exact same way. The exact same way Jesus instructed, preach the gospel and baptize the believers.

The points of Peter you are using are from him preaching the gospel to first time listeners and those hearers who believed are baptized. The points of Paul you are using are from him preaching to people who are already Christians who do not need to be converted. God has seen fit to give us the things Paul preached to convert Christians. Why are you not using that to prove Paul converted Christians differently than Peter proclaiming a different gospel?