Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Hawkins

Keep calling Christ a liar.

It has nothing to do with Christ. It's about how a prophecy shall read.

Psalm 22 is typical of prophetic about Jesus on the cross. However it's not for you to link up each sentence to say that it didn't occur the way how those sentences should link up. That's not how a prophecy works.

john w

Hall of Fame
Psalms 67 KJV
1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us;and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.2 That thy way may be known upon earth,thy saving health among all nations.3 Let the people praise thee, O God;let all the people praise thee.4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy:for thou shalt judge the people righteously,and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.5 Let the people praise thee, O God;let all the people praise thee.6 Then shall the earth yield her increase;and God, even our own God, shall bless us.7 God shall bless us;and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

john w

Hall of Fame
Psalms 110 KJV

1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion:rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power,in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning:thou hast the dew of thy youth.4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent,Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.6 He shall judge among the heathen,he shall fill the places with the dead bodies;he shall wound the heads over many countries.7 He shall drink of the brook in the way:therefore shall he lift up the head.

musterion

Psalms 110 KJV

1 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion:rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power,in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning:thou hast the dew of thy youth.4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent,Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.6 He shall judge among the heathen,he shall fill the places with the dead bodies;he shall wound the heads over many countries.7 He shall drink of the brook in the way:therefore shall he lift up the head.

When did the Romans do all that, Brother John? I mean, it HAD to already have happened...

john w

Hall of Fame
Zechariah 14 KJV

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. 6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7 but it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light. 8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one. 10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses. 11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ***, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

john w

Hall of Fame
When did the Romans do all that, Brother John? I mean, it HAD to already have happened...
Well, musty-I need to remind you the tenants, principles, of Preterism/Barbituaritism:

1. Fulfilled AD 70,
2. According to Josephus,Wikipedia,.....,
3. Fulfilled in Christ,
4. Figurative...metaphor...symbolic....,
4. Fulfilled AD 70.

One of these stumps everyone.

musterion

Well, musty-I need to remind you the tenants, principles, of Preterism/Barbituaritism:

1. Fulfilled AD 70,
2. According to Josephus,Wikipedia,.....,
3. Fulfilled in Christ,
4. Figurative...metaphor...symbolic....,
4. Fulfilled AD 70.

One of these stumps everyone.

Shazam! That peterism sure is impressive stuff. It's so vague and complicated it just has to be true. Where do I sign up?

Dartman

Luke 19 speaks of all Jerusalem left with not one stone upon another. That didn't happen. Josephus said so.
Luke 19 does record a prophecy against Jerusalem, and her children. In that prophecy the phrase Luke 19:44 ... they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another.. "IS used, BUT, that phrase does NOT specify Jerusalem, like you are pretending.
AND the context proves Jesus was standing next to the temple when he gave that prophecy. AND Josephus CLEARLY describes this level of destruction regarding the Jews themselves destroying the temple, and the Roman soldiers pillaging it!
AND Matthew makes it VERY clear;
Matt 24:1-2 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Your point fails.

Dartman

Man, a lot of Bible stuff happened in 70 AD without anybody knowing it. Amazing how only now we are smart enough to see it.
Preterism is ridiculous.
It's like they PRETEND that all events since 70AD didn't happen .... apparently, we are in some "suspended animation" regarding the prophecies.
To be more directly to the point, preterism was invented because the prophecies of Scripture destroy many of their preconceived notions.

musterion

Luke 19 does record a prophecy against Jerusalem, and her children. In that prophecy the phrase Luke 19:44 ... they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another.. "IS used, BUT, that phrase does NOT specify Jerusalem, like you are pretending.
AND the context proves Jesus was standing next to the temple when he gave that prophecy. AND Josephus CLEARLY describes this level of destruction regarding the Jews themselves destroying the temple, and the Roman soldiers pillaging it!
AND Matthew makes it VERY clear;
Matt 24:1-2 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Your point fails.

No, the point stands. Josephus records various towers were left standing intact.

john w

Hall of Fame
The throne of David, per Psalms 122 is in Jerusalem, never having said to be in "the third heaven:"

Psalms 122 JV
1 I was glad when they said unto me,Let us go into the house of the Lord.2 Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem. 3 Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:4 whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, unto the testimony of Israel,to give thanks unto the name of the Lord. 5 For there are set thrones of judgment,the thrones of the house of David.6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:they shall prosper that love thee.7 Peace be within thy walls,and prosperity within thy palaces.8 For my brethren and companions’ sakes,I will now say, Peace be within thee.9 Because of the house of the Lord our God I will seek thy good.

The Messiah, Christ, will rule from the throne of David, giving the world a government of peace, justice, and righteousness, per....

Isaiah 9 KJV

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:and the government shall be upon his shoulder:and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,The mighty God,The everlasting Father,The Prince of Peace.7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom,to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Dartman

No, the point stands. Josephus records various towers were left standing intact.
No, your point fails, the temple was destroyed, and has been destroyed for over 19 centuries. The Bible is accurate, yet you seem to want to find "apparent" contradictions, for some reason!!