Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Robert Pate

Banned
I have been wrongfully accused of teaching heresy. I do not teach heresy, I teach what the Bible says, I believe the same Gospel that the apostle Paul preached. I do not attend or support any religious denomination. Those that have accused me of teaching heresy were never able to support their claims with scripture. Just because someone calls you a devil, a wolf, a deceiver does not mean that it is so.

Paul taught that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1, apart from the works of the law, Romans 3:20. The law is any religious thing that one might do, there is nothing that we can do that will justify us, because we are justified by faith, which also means that we are justified by Christ.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the JUSTIFIER of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

There it is right before you. Jesus justifies the UNGODLY by faith alone.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

This is the same thing that I believe. If you don't like it take it up with Paul. I am just telling you what Paul said. I believe Paul 100%, does that make me a deceiver, a wolf, a devil or whatever else you want to call me?

Not only does Jesus justify us, Jesus also reconciles us to God the Father. Paul strongly taught this and so do I, it is part of the Gospel.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This is what I teach and believe. Does this sound like heresy to you? After reading this do you still believe that I am a devil?

Now, do you believe that God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ? Did Jesus make us holy so that we could be reconciled unto God by our good works and our piety? The scripture plainly says that Jesus justifies "THE UNGODLY" If you don't see yourself as ungodly then you may not qualify to be reconciled to God.

Jesus has come into the world as the last Adam or the new Adam to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Can you fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. Can you atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. Of course you can't, because you are a sinner in need of a savior.

Once again, I believe all that Paul wrote. It is not heresy, I am not a devil, nor am I a wolf or a deceiver. I believe God's word to be true.

fishrovmen

Anyone can post Scripture and even explain it so that it makes sense to themselves.
But when that same person cannot communicate what they understand within themself and has to come up with their own definitions of words that have already been defined centuries before to explain their beliefs, as well as post readily observable contradictions, extreme vagueness and confusing terminology in a big ball of incoherent mess with the refusal to go to any lengths to explain all of the above...well, we can only judge by what we see.
The problem is that YOU don't clearly see what almost everyone else sees.

fishrovmen

Just as an example, your re-definitions of "law" and "religion".
How can anyone have a conversation with you when you redefine words and then apply your re-defined words to a text and try to draw out a teaching from that?
You can't just make up a term, give it a label that is already in use, apply it in place of the existing word in a text and then expect people to understand what you are talking about?
When you talk about "religion", are you referring to the biblical word(s) that are translated into English as "religion", or are you talking about dictionary definitions, or your own (at least two that I recall) made up definitions, or even a combination?

ttruscott

Somewhere there is a Church whose pov makes some other person a heretic. It is a meaningless word unless one tells us the standard they are using to define it. I am a heretic to the Catholics because I contend their doctrine but so are all Protestants. I am a herectic to Pentecostals but so are most other non-Pentecostals.

Who cares?

Robert Pate

Banned
Anyone can post Scripture and even explain it so that it makes sense to themselves.
But when that same person cannot communicate what they understand within themself and has to come up with their own definitions of words that have already been defined centuries before to explain their beliefs, as well as post readily observable contradictions, extreme vagueness and confusing terminology in a big ball of incoherent mess with the refusal to go to any lengths to explain all of the above...well, we can only judge by what we see.
The problem is that YOU don't clearly see what almost everyone else sees.

Not everyone sees or understands Paul's Gospel. You happen to be one of them. I sincerely believe the reason is that you are blinded by your religion, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

fishrovmen

Not everyone sees or understands Paul's Gospel. You happen to be one of them. I sincerely believe the reason is that you are blinded by your religion, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

What do you mean by "everyone"? what do you mean by "understands"? who is "Paul"? what is this "Paul's" "Gospel"? what do you mean by "one of them"? and as always, which of the many definitions of "religion" are you referring to, if any?
This is what conversation with you has become, the only thing that is absolute and counted on is your typical (non)responses.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just as an example, your re-definitions of "law" and "religion".
How can anyone have a conversation with you when you redefine words and then apply your re-defined words to a text and try to draw out a teaching from that?
You can't just make up a term, give it a label that is already in use, apply it in place of the existing word in a text and then expect people to understand what you are talking about?
When you talk about "religion", are you referring to the biblical word(s) that are translated into English as "religion", or are you talking about dictionary definitions, or your own (at least two that I recall) made up definitions, or even a combination?

The words "Law" and "Religion" basically mean the same thing. Religious people do the law because it is their religion. Paul plainly tells us that the law does not justify.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall be no flesh justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The scripture could also say, "Therefore by the deeds of religion there shall no flesh be justified in his sight".

Law and religion are something that we do. There is nothing that we can do to justify ourselves. We are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing.

Robert Pate

Banned
Somewhere there is a Church whose pov makes some other person a heretic. It is a meaningless word unless one tells us the standard they are using to define it. I am a heretic to the Catholics because I contend their doctrine but so are all Protestants. I am a herectic to Pentecostals but so are most other non-Pentecostals.

Who cares?

We are not called to be heretics. We have a Bible and the Bible makes it clear what the Gospel is. Those that are heretics have chosen to change God's word to suit their own image.

fishrovmen

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall be no flesh justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

The scripture could also say, "Therefore by the deeds of religion there shall no flesh be justified in his sight".

Robert, by what authority do you appeal to reword/substitute/redefine/alter etc. the revealed biblical text?
You are doing EXACTLY as I said in my responses to your opening post.
Not only do you take the liberty to do so, but you give no concrete, definitive definitions of the words you use; you extract individual English words, translated from one or more other languages out of the flow and context wherein they were given and treat them as some kind of concepts or ideas that can be interchanged/exchanged at will.
I wonder what exactly it is that you believe the biblical text to be? sacred? divinely inspired?

clefty

The words "Law" and "Religion" basically mean the same thing. Religious people do the law because it is their religion. Paul plainly tells us that the law does not justify.

Law and religion are something that we do. There is nothing that we can do to justify ourselves. We are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing.

There was once 3 men and 3 cars...

The first man thought that by doing all that was in the owner’s manual of the car he could earn the car as his own...

The second man realizing the car was already given to him desired to read and carefully do what the owner’s manual instructed to care and preserve and enjoy his car...

Then there was the last man who upon receiving the car boldly declared “what owner’s manual?!” “Who cares?...I dowhatever I want”...and through time destroyed his car...if he used it at all....it was clear in the manual the car was diesel he didnt care to read and filled it with standard gas...or custard...”who cares?” he insisted...”i dont have to do anything”...soon he never drove it again...but still sat in it...His car

fishrovmen

The first man thought that by doing all that was in the owner’s manual of the car he could earn the car as his own...

The second man realizing the car was already given to him desired to read and carefully do what the owner’s manual instructed to care and preserve and enjoy his car...

Then there was the last man who upon receiving the car boldly declared “what owner’s manual?!” “Who cares?...I dowhatever I want”...and through time destroyed his car...if he used it at all....it was clear in the manual the car was diesel he didnt care to read and filled it with standard gas...or custard...”who cares?” he insisted...”i dont have to do anything”...soon he never drove it again...but still sat in it...His car

This makes perfect sense whereas the word "car" really means "livingroom chair" upon which Robert spilled his "ice cream" and filled it with "flatulent methane". Exact same thing!

fishrovmen

We are not called to be heretics. We have a Bible and the Bible makes it clear what the Gospel is. Those that are heretics have chosen to change God's word to suit their own image.

Those that are heretics have chosen to change God's word to suit their own image.
Those that are heretics have chosen to change God's word to suit their own image.
unbelievable blindness, just unbelievable.
Robert, you HAVE to be playing games...seriously!

Robert Pate

Banned

Your car story reminds me of the parable of the sower.

clefty

This makes perfect sense whereas the word "car" really means "livingroom chair" upon which Robert spilled his "ice cream" and filled it with "flatulent methane". Exact same thing!

Ha ha...but now be nice...

One day the Giver of these gifts will demand an account...did we persevere...follow the care instructions?

Robert here simply rejects the owner’s manual...while many many others have edited it or even changed the gift itself...

clefty

Your car story reminds me of the parable of the sower.

Oh yeah? Interesting...

Which soil are you? the concrete?

Or the seed that thought it could grow up to be whatever...or not at all...

Or the sower who thought he could plant whatever whenever wherever...or not at all

Ha

Hope you had a good thanksgiving...

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, by what authority do you appeal to reword/substitute/redefine/alter etc. the revealed biblical text?
You are doing EXACTLY as I said in my responses to your opening post.
Not only do you take the liberty to do so, but you give no concrete, definitive definitions of the words you use; you extract individual English words, translated from one or more other languages out of the flow and context wherein they were given and treat them as some kind of concepts or ideas that can be interchanged/exchanged at will.
I wonder what exactly it is that you believe the biblical text to be? sacred? divinely inspired?

The scriptures are the inspired word of God, 2 Timothy 3:16.

The Holy Spirit is the teacher and the interpreter of scriptures, John 16:13. This is your problem, you apparently are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

fishrovmen

I guess what Robert was trying to say in his first post was that only he has the authority to rightly declare himself an heretic as he defines in post #8 and proves in post #7 by changing God's word.

Robert Pate

Banned

One day the Giver of these gifts will demand an account...did we persevere...follow the care instructions?

Robert here simply rejects the owner’s manual...while many many others have edited it or even changed the gift itself...

The manual, which is the Bible tells us how to be saved. Only a fool would reject it.

Robert Pate

Banned
unbelievable blindness, just unbelievable.
Robert, you HAVE to be playing games...seriously!

Most people select a religion that glorifies their egos.

A good example of this is how a lot of movie stars embrace the Church of Scientology.

Robert Pate

Banned

Read the opening post again and tell me where I have gone wrong?