Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

I think the correct answers are No and No.

Under the law of Moses, tattooing the flesh was a violation of that covenant.

1. Israel was under that covenant, therefore the marking of the flesh was not sinful.
2. Those who were not Israel were not under that covenant, therefore the marking of the flesh was not sinful.

Those who partake of the New Covenant are not under the Old Covenant, but our law is love and faith.

3. Under the New Covenant, what is not of faith is sin. Is the marking of the flesh harming your neighbor? If not, then judge for yourself on your own conscience whether marking your flesh represents sin.

Love and faith? Aaawww that is nice...

Love like the world loves its pagan ways? Or like Buddhists or muslims love?...or LOVE AS HE LOVED US...

Have a faith like demons and Satan have that He is the Son of God crying LORD LORD or a NOT DEAD faith with works...His works...DOING the Will of His Father...

So...indeed WWJD?...get a tattoo?

What He demonstrated and taught was His last will and testament for us (those whosoever ya dig?)...signed by His blood and sealed by His death...and can NOT be changed after the death of the testator...

...no matter how badly you torture or twist Paul’s epistles to the goyim as if they were required ONLY 4 things right? 3 of which dealt with kosher laws...just to be able to fellowship and hear the rest of Moses read every Sabbath...

That you think love and faith is all you need means you heeded jewish fables...dont do that Titus 1:14

Slandering jews claimed the law was changed even abolished at the cross...Luke was clear that was jewish false witness...

clefty

And what would those hypothetical animal sacrifices foreshadow?

Even more awkward as

Rev 21;22
“And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

clefty

Because that's what Paul said about it.

(2 Cor 3:7 KJV) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones[/B ], was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

There is a reason the glory of Moses’ countenance passed away...NOT the engraved stones...Moses was mortal...

But IN HIM (because the changed priesthood changed the law’s minister and the law was transferred) this ministry of death written in stone becomes the MINISTRY OF LIFE...neat right? Nice change too yes?

IN HIM all those hand written ordinances that were against you for breaking the law of the stones have been blotted out...

IN HIM the curse for breaking the law of the stones is done away with...

IN HIM HIS ministration of LIFE obviously what is written on those stones remain but are now written by HIM in the hearts and minds of HIS PEOPLE...which have ALWAYS INCLUDED GOYIM

And like at Sinai the covenant with that church in the wilderness (as Stephen called it) was in place immediately at Sinai not 40 years later...they promised “I DO” THERE AT THAT TIME

Aren't you glad He became the eternal High Priest and that faith does NOT make void the eternal law...but we establish it...as IN HIM the law changed from ministration of death to ministration of LIFE...

By this same still binding Law we find our need of Him...by this Law we become citizens of His people Israel by PROMISE and its law for WHOSOEVER BELIEVE...our being grafted in provides this Law now not of death but of liberty and LIFE IN HIM HIS WAY...free from its prior curse for NOT keeping it for claiming it was abolished or NOT applying to us...

And in the end He will be the temple where this Law resides under the mercy seat of His Grace...and “Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...still

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The New Testament/Covenant was.
The New Covenant that will be made with the Nation of Israel AFTER the "times of the Gentiles" will be made by Christ.

More Dispensational rubbish.

Either the New Covenant was made, or it wasn't made. There is only one New Covenant.

Was the New Covenant made?
I don't know of any text that specifically mentions his blood related to that New Covenant.

(Heb 9:12-15) He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! 15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
we WANT to keep the law...at least try...you know...GRATITUDE...

If so, then you are burdening yourself.

(Gal 5:1) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

clefty

If so, then you are burdening yourself.

(Gal 5:1) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

BURDEN? Hardly...I delight in His law...His yoke is easy His burden is light...

I know I am born of the Spirit...a son of PROMISE like Isaac...I want to keep my Father’s house in good order...I aint no free loading squatter or mumbling complaining wage earner...HE BOUGHT ME...happy am I

Acts 15 Peter made it quite clear that Yah Who knows the heart (you know the inner man being circumcised) acknowledged the goyim by giving them the Holy Spirit cuz they heard the gospel and believed...well Yah MADE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN US AND THEM GOYS PURIFYING THEIR HEARTS BY FAITH...

Peter concludes through GRACE we are saved the same manner as goyim...

The yoke Peter wanted no part of was what the judiazers were demanding...

UNLESS YOU ARE CIRCUMCISED YOU CANNOT BE SAVED...

that yoke was NOT even true in the OT...as circumcision was after Abraham believed and Moses was chosen...besides HOW CAN SOMETHING DONE TO AN INFANT BY ITS PARENTS SAVE HIM?

Oh and finally circumcision NEVER SAVED ANYONE...but was merely a sign of promise...

So you do know the difference between taking care of your own house and being paid to take care of another’s yes?

Because you own the house it aint no burden or chore...you WANT to do the works...

All I see from you is rebellion and a desire to do nothing...after all that was done for you...

Faith without works is dead...

NEVER forget Acts 15:9 Peter concludes that Yah made NO DISTINCTION between the believing jews and the believing goyim...KEEP IT THAT WAY

There is NOTHING DIFFERENT between these two groups now saved by FAITH...with works now...SAME WORKS

That wall which seperated jew from goyim was destroyed...Yahushua made from the two ONE NEW CREATURE...

And 4 things already and still binding from the OT were immediately required FOR FELLOWSHIP and NOT to be saved as they already were but to maintain the righteousness and salvation given...that came when goyim heard the rest of Moses read EVERY SABBATH...as they worshipped One resurrected...

For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith For IN HIM circumcision or uncircumcision avails NOTHING but faith WORKING in love...

What type of love? As the world loves? Buddhists? Muslims? Or how He loved us...

You have been called to liberty...love serve one another as HE DID...

Walk in the Spirit IN HIM HIS WAYS...free from heavy burdens and hard yokes and the curse of the law its ministration of death...

Dartman

More Dispensational rubbish.

Either the New Covenant was made, or it wasn't made. There is only one New Covenant.

Was the New Covenant made?
Your misunderstanding of Scripture doesn't alter Scripture.

Jesus confirmed the New Covenant for the church. We are in the "times of the Gentiles"...
Luke 21:24-27 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

There has NEVER been a time that mankind has seen "the son of man coming in clouds with great glory"...... yet.

Jesus is going to establish his New Covenant with Israel AFTER he returns, which will happen AFTER Jerusalem is taken by the armies of "all nations" on earth. At THAT point the nations are defeated, and Israel is restored. This has not happened yet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BURDEN? Hardly...I delight in His law...

The full requirements of God's holiness and righteousness are far above those of the Law of Moses.

(Matt 5:21-22)"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment.

clefty

The full requirements of God's holiness and righteousness are far above those of the Law of Moses.

(Matt 5:21-22)"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment.

Odd coming from one who claims no OT law remains LOL

irony

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your misunderstanding of Scripture doesn't alter Scripture.

Dispensationalism alters scripture.

Jesus confirmed the New Covenant for the church.

Yes, and the OT makes it clear that the New Covenant was when the House of Israel is joined with the House of Judah.

You, are trying to claim there is two new covenants, or there is some kind of partial new covenant made to only certain people. This is why Dispensationalism is such a false doctrine.
We are in the "times of the Gentiles"...

Nope

There has NEVER been a time that mankind has seen "the son of man coming in clouds with great glory"

Happened in 70AD.

Jesus is going to establish his New Covenant with Israel AFTER he returns, which will happen AFTER Jerusalem is taken by the armies of "all nations" on earth. At THAT point the nations are defeated, and Israel is restored. This has not happened yet.

Again, your Dispensationalism has blinded you from the truth.

Jesus already established His New Covenant. Paul said he was a minister of the New Covenant. The writer of Hebrews explains the New Covenant.

Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD. The temple was destroyed with it. Not one stone was left standing upon another. Even to this day, no one knows where the temple stood. All these things took place exactly how Jesus described, and they took place before the generation of Jesus' contemporaries passed away.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Odd coming from one who claims no OT law remains LOL

irony

I live with freedom. Not freedom to sin, but freedom not to sin. That's the life I have in the Spirit filled life of Christ Jesus.

(Gal 5:18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Dartman

Jesus already established His New Covenant. Paul said he was a minister of the New Covenant. The writer of Hebrews explains the New Covenant.
Of course. This New Covenant specifically replaced the Mosaic Law kingdom of God belonging to Israel, with a spiritual kingdom centered on God in heaven, through Jesus, for ANY ethnicity.
Matt 21:43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

Gal 3:28-29 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Rom 11:11-21 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.
12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!
13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them.
15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16 If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in."
20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.

When Jehovah/YHVH God sends Jesus back to this planet, he will reestablish the literal Kingdom of God from Zion/Jerusalem;

Ps 2:6-10 "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain."
7 "I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.
8 'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.
9 'You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.'"
10 Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; Take warning, O judges of the earth.

Isa 2:2-4 Now it will come about that In the last days The mountain of the house of the Lord Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it.
3 And many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us concerning His ways And that we may walk in His paths." For the law will go forth from Zion And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war.

Jer 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jer 33:14-18 'Behold, days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'when I will fulfill the good word which I have spoken concerning the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
15 'In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth.
16 'In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she will be called: the Lord is our righteousness.'
17 "For thus says the Lord, 'David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;
18 and the Levitical priests shall never lack a man before Me to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to prepare sacrifices continually.'"

The Levitical priesthood will be reestablished, and the new covenant will be written in the hearts of Israel.

tetelestai said:
Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD. The temple was destroyed with it. Not one stone was left standing upon another. Even to this day, no one knows where the temple stood. All these things took place exactly how Jesus described, and they took place before the generation of Jesus' contemporaries passed away.
Absolutely!! And, this answers the FIRST question the disciples asked; "when shall these things be";
Matt 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be?

This first question relates to Christ's explanation of what was going to happen in 70AD.
The second and third questions were not answered in 70AD, MUCH of the answer to THOSE questions is still future to us;

and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

clefty

I live with freedom. Not freedom to sin, but freedom not to sin. That's the life I have in the Spirit filled life of Christ Jesus.

(Gal 5:18) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Yes EXACTLY because why would the Spirit lead us against His Way? That would put us under the STILL EXISTING LAW...duh

Rosenritter

Jesus made it crystal clear that the temple would be destroyed, not one stone standing upon another, before the generation of His contemporaries passed away:

(Matt 24:2) "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

What Jesus said above, is exactly what happened. By 70AD, Jerusalem was totally destroyed, and not one stone was left standing upon another.

In hindsight the number of years of the city's destruction may have been indicated as well. Jesus gave the Pharisees the sign of the Prophet Jonah. Outwardly he declared that this meant that he would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, but there's a few more details that seem to line up as well:

1) Jonah traversed the city for three days; Jesus had a ministry of three years

2) Jonah preached that in forty days the city would be destroyed (but they repented and it was spared); Jesus preached and showed greater signs than Jonah and they did not repent, and the city was destroyed after a precise forty years.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This New Covenant specifically replaced the Mosaic Law kingdom of God belonging to Israel, with a spiritual kingdom centered on God in heaven, through Jesus, for ANY ethnicity.

Yes. That's where you need to stop.

Instead, you have Jesus coming back to earth, and reinstating the Levitical priesthood with animal sacrifices for sin atonement.

That's pure rubbish.

The spiritual kingdom is right now, there isn't going to be another kingdom on planet earth. The kingdom is not of this world.

The old covenant is gone, no more Levitical priests, no more animal sacrifices for sin atonement, no more Mosaic Law, no more physical Israelites being the chosen people, no more promised physical land, etc.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The second and third questions were not answered in 70AD, MUCH of the answer to THOSE questions is still future to us;

Nope.

Jesus made it clear that ALL those things would happen before the generation of His contemporaries passed away.

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In hindsight the number of years of the city's destruction may have been indicated as well. Jesus gave the Pharisees the sign of the Prophet Jonah. Outwardly he declared that this meant that he would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, but there's a few more details that seem to line up as well:

1) Jonah traversed the city for three days; Jesus had a ministry of three years

2) Jonah preached that in forty days the city would be destroyed (but they repented and it was spared); Jesus preached and showed greater signs than Jonah and they did not repent, and the city was destroyed after a precise forty years.

:up:

Rosenritter

Thus lies the crux of every misunderstanding for the last 1,900 years.

The writer of Hebrews made it clear, but for 1,900 years, people have not figured it out.

(Heb 8:13) By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

There was a 40 year overlap of the two covenants (New & Old) from the cross to 70AD.

The failure to understand this is why everyone has been confused for 1,900 years (i.e. keeping the Sabbath, tithing, tongues, baptism, 10 Commandments, etc.)

Why would there be an overlap? The veil of the Holy of Holies was rent. And it does say that when the covenant was new, it made the first one obsolete (not soon to be obsolete.) As you are pointing out to Jacob, the two different covenants cannot coexist, and of the two parties of that old covenant, one of them murdered the other one.