Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

I have no problem with being a Jew and of Israel. I chose the tribe of Levi. We do not reject the truth. For me I simply have to get it right.

Right yes...it’s all about you...since He didn’t do it right or do enough...would expect that from yours

Truster

I have been wrongfully accused of teaching heresy. I do not teach heresy, I teach what the Bible says, I believe the same Gospel that the apostle Paul preached. I do not attend or support any religious denomination. Those that have accused me of teaching heresy were never able to support their claims with scripture. Just because someone calls you a devil, a wolf, a deceiver does not mean that it is so.

Paul taught that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1, apart from the works of the law, Romans 3:20. The law is any religious thing that one might do, there is nothing that we can do that will justify us, because we are justified by faith, which also means that we are justified by Christ.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the JUSTIFIER of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

There it is right before you. Jesus justifies the UNGODLY by faith alone.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

This is the same thing that I believe. If you don't like it take it up with Paul. I am just telling you what Paul said. I believe Paul 100%, does that make me a deceiver, a wolf, a devil or whatever else you want to call me?

Not only does Jesus justify us, Jesus also reconciles us to God the Father. Paul strongly taught this and so do I, it is part of the Gospel.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This is what I teach and believe. Does this sound like heresy to you? After reading this do you still believe that I am a devil?

Now, do you believe that God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ? Did Jesus make us holy so that we could be reconciled unto God by our good works and our piety? The scripture plainly says that Jesus justifies "THE UNGODLY" If you don't see yourself as ungodly then you may not qualify to be reconciled to God.

Jesus has come into the world as the last Adam or the new Adam to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Can you fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. Can you atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. Of course you can't, because you are a sinner in need of a savior.

Once again, I believe all that Paul wrote. It is not heresy, I am not a devil, nor am I a wolf or a deceiver. I believe God's word to be true.

The fist word in the OP is "I". "I" is used 5 times in the first paragraph. In the last paragraph the word "I" is used 4 times, says it all, aye.

clefty

The fist word in the OP is "I". "I" is used 5 times in the first paragraph. In the last paragraph the word "I" is used 4 times, says it all, aye.

Yup...

Had he continued to live I simply cant imagine the thief on the cross to speak like this.

Having been justified by the One crucified next to him I doubt he would claim he could live like his former self...or live as if nothing was expected of him...

Instead, out of gratitude for what was done for him, he would want to do good works...

Truster

Yup...

Had he continued to live I simply cant imagine the thief on the cross to speak like this.

Having been justified by the One crucified next to him I doubt he would claim he could live like his former self...or live as if nothing was expected of him...

Instead, out of gratitude for what was done for him, he would want to do good works...

Your wicked thoughts on this matter leave what is written behind and you engage in fictions. As it is written:

..."and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables".

clefty

Your wicked thoughts on this matter leave what is written behind and you engage in fictions. As it is written:

..."and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables".

Oh my...that’s not very friendly...you seem sore...why you mad?

Was it something personal I posted to you or are you just lashing out in general?

Do show if there is anything I can apologize for...

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm good if people want to move on with the thread.

There is the Jewish Jesus and there is a Christian Jesus.

You believe in the Jewish Jesus, but not the Christian Jesus.

The Christian Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. The Christian Jesus has fulfilled and abolished the law, Romans 7:4-6. The Jewish Jesus is under the law and under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is the Jewish Jesus and there is a Christian Jesus.

You believe in the Jewish Jesus, but not the Christian Jesus.

The Christian Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. The Christian Jesus has fulfilled and abolished the law, Romans 7:4-6. The Jewish Jesus is under the law and under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

I disagree with you. There is no two Jesus' though I can say that I conclude this by evaluating yours. I would love to talk with you about this more. I wait for you.

Robert Pate

Banned
I disagree with you. There is no two Jesus' though I can say that I conclude this by evaluating yours. I would love to talk with you about this more. I wait for you.

Judaism is a religion of law. Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by rules, laws and religion is NOT living by faith.

You want to live under the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant along with the law and Judaism has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Romans 7:6, Romans 7:9, Romans 10:4, 2 Corinthians 3:6, plus many other scriptures. You cannot profess faith in Christ and live by the law. Living by rules, laws and religion is an indication that you don't have faith in Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judaism is a religion of law. Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by rules, laws and religion is NOT living by faith.

You want to live under the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant along with the law and Judaism has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Romans 7:6, Romans 7:9, Romans 10:4, 2 Corinthians 3:6, plus many other scriptures. You cannot profess faith in Christ and live by the law. Living by rules, laws and religion is an indication that you don't have faith in Christ.

Jesus instructed to keep and teach the commandments, and Paul says that we are not under the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus instructed to keep and teach the commandments, and Paul says that we are not under the law.

This is your problem. You want to be under the Old Covenant and not the New Covenant. Jesus taught the law to show the Jews that they were sinners. The law also reveals the righteousness of God. The Old Covenant and the law have been done away with because it did not accomplish its purpose, Hebrews 8:6-13.

Under the New Covenant Jesus fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and then abolishes it. Trying to live by the law is like trying to feed a dead horse. The Jewish religion and the Old Covenant are obsolete, Hebrews 8:13.

Paul was a chosen apostle of Jesus Christ. To reject Paul is to reject Christ.

Rosenritter

How about the law to love God with all your heart, soul, and might? Or to love your neighbor as yourself?

If you listen to some of the Mid Acts Dispensationalists here you will hear that "love God" and "love thy neighbor" is "legalism" and "works of the flesh" ...

Rosenritter

Paul wrote that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. How is it that Jesus is an exception, or the only exception? Jesus did not sin. Why? Or, how?

Sometimes the exceptions are supposed to be obvious? For example, "no one understands me" obviously is intended to exclude the speaker. "Sinning and falling short of the glory of God" obviously excludes God himself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is your problem. You want to be under the Old Covenant and not the New Covenant. Jesus taught the law to show the Jews that they were sinners. The law also reveals the righteousness of God. The Old Covenant and the law have been done away with because it did not accomplish its purpose, Hebrews 8:6-13.

Under the New Covenant Jesus fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and then abolishes it. Trying to live by the law is like trying to feed a dead horse. The Jewish religion and the Old Covenant are obsolete, Hebrews 8:13.

Paul was a chosen apostle of Jesus Christ. To reject Paul is to reject Christ.
I do not see it as a problem, obeying Jesus and not being under the law. See Matthew 5:19.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you listen to some of the Mid Acts Dispensationalists here you will hear that "love God" and "love thy neighbor" is "legalism" and "works of the flesh" ...
I do not know that I believe that this is the case.
Sometimes the exceptions are supposed to be obvious? For example, "no one understands me" obviously is intended to exclude the speaker. "Sinning and falling short of the glory of God" obviously excludes God himself.
I do not know what you are saying. Jesus never sinned.

Rosenritter

Incorrect. Was Matthew 5:17-20 for the Jew or the Gentile or both? Can a Gentile become a Jew according to God's Law? You can do some thinking. I do wear tzitzit, a Torah Commandment.

1 Corinthians 12:12-14 KJV
(12) For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
(13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
(14) For the body is not one member, but many.

Galatians 3:28-29 KJV
(28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

There's no benefit in trying to become "Jewish" but it could serve as a distraction. We aren't being called upon to wear special hats or observe any laws that were given specifically to a people with a Levitical priesthood inhabiting the land of Canaan.

Rosenritter

I do not know that I believe that this is the case.

Glorydaz has said all of those, for example.

I do not know what you are saying. Jesus never sinned.

"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" obviously excludes God. Jesus was without sin. Put the two together.

John 20:28-29 KJV
(28) And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
(29) Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How did you manage to choose a tribe?
My uncle told me to pick or choose a tribe. Also, I had a Rabbi of the tribe of Levi. And I was a Jew who wanted to or did understand the tribe of Levi. It is a teaching priestly tribe. What do you think about that? Some believe that a convert cannot pick a tribe. Some that you cannot become a Levite. Also, I have been told that I was grafted in. Meaning, I said that I believe myself to be a Jew, recently, after all of this. A person grafted in was or is a Gentile.