Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

musterion

Persecution complex, Pate?

A few months ago you said those of us who stand only on 1 Cor 15:3-4 and reject vicarious lawkeeping have believed a false gospel. You were very clear on that point, more than once.

Robert Pate

Banned
Persecution complex, Pate?

A few months ago you said those of us who stand only on 1 Cor 15:3-4 and reject vicarious lawkeeping have believed a false gospel. You were very clear on that point, more than once.

1 Corinthians 15:3,4. is not the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is about the Gospel, but it is not the Gospel. There is no detail to it, it is only an outline of the Gospel.

Here is a more accurate account of the Gospel according to the scriptures.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Can you see the difference? Here is another.

"Therefore as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon ALL MEN to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

Do you see how we are brought into the Gospel by these scriptures?

Danoh

1 Corinthians 15:3,4. is not the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is about the Gospel, but it is not the Gospel. There is no detail to it, it is only an outline of the Gospel.

Here is a more accurate account of the Gospel according to the scriptures.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

Can you see the difference? Here is another.

"Therefore as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon ALL MEN to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

Do you see how we are brought into the Gospel by these scriptures?

Yep.

In 1 Cor. 15, Paul is reminding them that he had delivered the gospel of Christ unto them; he does not really go into its various aspects.

Because he is merely reminding them that he had delivered it unto them.

Or rather, reminding them of why they haven't any business whatsoever, thrown off by the foolishness some within their midst were going on about against the hope of The Resurrection.

He is clearly assuming they have much more info on the gospel of Christ than what he reminds them of in verses 3, 4.

In fact, other passages in both the Corinthian Epistles - like the verse you cited from 2 Cor. 5:21 - reveal that that gospel that he had delivered unto them contained much more than "Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and rose again; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 1 Cor. 15: 3,4.

The verse you cited from 2 Cor. 5:21, Robert, is a bit more detailed in important specifics, and functions much, by way of it being more in detail, as various passages in Romans 3 - 5 do.

Where is it laid out in 1 Corithians 15 that all have sinned or come short of the glory of God?

It is not there.

Where in that chapter is the expected penalty for that having come short of the glory of God?

It is not there.

Etc...

While both Acts 17 and later, his two epistles to those at Thessalonica, reveal it had been Paul's pattern to (as he also later asserted to the Romans, in chapter one and chapter 15), to "FULLY preach the gospel of Christ."

And THAT is not only NOT done by him in 1 Cor. 15, but other issues he addresses in that chapter and THROUGHOUT his two Epistles to them, reveal he had FULLY preached the gospel of Christ to them, what he writes to them consistently referencing various aspects of "the FULLNESS of the gospel" Rom. 15:29.

1Cor. 15:3,4 are merely a reminder they were expected to allow to remind them to reflect on all the other aspects of the gospel of Christ that Paul had obviously FULLY preached unto them.

Great, crystal clear op, Robert.

Now back to what ever it is you and I disagree on, here and there, lol.

Romans 15:6-8, in each - our stead.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just as an example, your re-definitions of "law" and "religion".
How can anyone have a conversation with you when you redefine words and then apply your re-defined words to a text and try to draw out a teaching from that?
You can't just make up a term, give it a label that is already in use, apply it in place of the existing word in a text and then expect people to understand what you are talking about?
When you talk about "religion", are you referring to the biblical word(s) that are translated into English as "religion", or are you talking about dictionary definitions, or your own (at least two that I recall) made up definitions, or even a combination?

Robert tends to carry his own lexicon about and assumes we all understand how he is using words. This would not be a problem if he actually used the terms as they have been used historically.

For Robert, "religion" is basically a pejorative to describe whatever someone believes that he does not.

That said, as his regular double-mindedness reveals, occasionally Robert even uses the word properly and admits to having a religion, as the word religion simply means a particular set of faith and worship.
Christianity is a faith religion. We are called to believe things thatcannot be believed by unbelievers. They are things of the Spirit thatunbelievers do not have access to, 1 Corinthians 2:14. We spend a lot of timeon the forum trying to convince these people that are void of the Spirit thingsof the Spirit.

Christianity is a religion.
Robert professes to be a Christian.
Hence, Robert practices a religion.

Accordingly, Robert is religious, despite all his cavils about "religion," especially given that he fails to define how he is using the word and claiming warrant to create his own personal lexicon about what words actually have been traditionally understood to mean.

Q.E.D.

This is why Robert often finds himself at the receiving end of rancor. He fails to properly define his terms such that the reader can at least understand where he is coming from in all his redundant "articles."

AMR

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert tends to carry his own lexicon about and assumes we all understand how he is using words. This would not be a problem if he actually used the terms as they have been used historically.

For Robert, "religion" is basically a pejorative to describe whatever someone believes that he does not.

That said, as is regular double-mindedness reveals, occasionally Robert even uses the word properly and admits to having a religion, as the word religion simply means a particular set of faith and worship.

Christianity is a religion.
Robert professes to be a Christian.
Hence, Robert practices a religion.

Accordingly, Robert is religious, despite all his cavils about "religion," especially given that he fails to define how he is using the word and claiming warrant to create his own personal lexicon about what words actually have been traditionally understood to mean.

Q.E.D.

This is why Robert often finds himself at the receiving end of rancor. He fails to properly define his terms such that the reader can at least understand where he is coming from in all his redundant "articles."

AMR

Because you have embraced the cult called Calvinism, I don't expect you to understand what I say, if you did I would be very concerned. Calvinism is so far outside of the Gospel and justification by faith that it is sometimes hard for me to understand why someone that seems to be intelligent would buy into it. I guess we all underestimate Satan's power to blind.

beloved57

I have been wrongfully accused of teaching heresy. I do not teach heresy, I teach what the Bible says, I believe the same Gospel that the apostle Paul preached. I do not attend or support any religious denomination. Those that have accused me of teaching heresy were never able to support their claims with scripture. Just because someone calls you a devil, a wolf, a deceiver does not mean that it is so.

Paul taught that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1, apart from the works of the law, Romans 3:20. The law is any religious thing that one might do, there is nothing that we can do that will justify us, because we are justified by faith, which also means that we are justified by Christ.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the JUSTIFIER of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

There it is right before you. Jesus justifies the UNGODLY by faith alone.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that JUSTIFIES THE UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

This is the same thing that I believe. If you don't like it take it up with Paul. I am just telling you what Paul said. I believe Paul 100%, does that make me a deceiver, a wolf, a devil or whatever else you want to call me?

Not only does Jesus justify us, Jesus also reconciles us to God the Father. Paul strongly taught this and so do I, it is part of the Gospel.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This is what I teach and believe. Does this sound like heresy to you? After reading this do you still believe that I am a devil?

Now, do you believe that God has reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ? Did Jesus make us holy so that we could be reconciled unto God by our good works and our piety? The scripture plainly says that Jesus justifies "THE UNGODLY" If you don't see yourself as ungodly then you may not qualify to be reconciled to God.

Jesus has come into the world as the last Adam or the new Adam to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Can you fulfill every jot and tittle of God's Holy Law? Matthew 5:18. Can you atone for your sins and the sins of the whole world? 1 John 2:2. Of course you can't, because you are a sinner in need of a savior.

Once again, I believe all that Paul wrote. It is not heresy, I am not a devil, nor am I a wolf or a deceiver. I believe God's word to be true.

You teach that sinners Christ lived and died for, shed His Blood for are lost and condemned. So you deny Justification by Christ alone !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ lived and died for, shed His Blood for are lost and condemned. So you deny Justification by Christ alone !

You are under the misconception that man is just a dumb robot and cannot make choices, yet you have chosen the cult called Calvinism. Your thinking is full of hypocrisy.

Robert Pate

Banned
And yet Paul says that's what he preached to them, which they believed and by which they were saved. I'll believe Paul over you.

Do you still claim that those who reject vicarious lawkeeping are not saved?

1 Corinthians 3:4,5 is an outline of the Gospel. The Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Is in the opening post.

Not only did Jesus vicariously keep and fulfill the law for us. He also vicariously lived, died and rose again for us and is in heaven presenting his righteousness on our behalf as our representative and mediator. If you don't believe that all that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for your justification, you are not saved. What do you think, he did it all for himself?

beloved57

You are under the misconception that man is just a dumb robot and cannot make choices, yet you have chosen the cult called Calvinism. Your thinking is full of hypocrisy.

You talk a good game, but when the rubber hits the road you dishonor Christ in favor of salvation by the will of man !

beloved57

1 Corinthians 3:4,5 is an outline of the Gospel. The Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Is in the opening post.

Not only did Jesus vicariously keep and fulfill the law for us. He also vicariously lived, died and rose again for us and is in heaven presenting his righteousness on our behalf as our representative and mediator. If you don't believe that all that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for your justification, you are not saved. What do you think, he did it all for himself?

So ones salvation according to you depends upon man and what he does or doesnt do instead of what Christ did and accomplished !

Truster

So ones salvation according to you depends upon man and what he does or doesnt do instead of what Christ did and accomplished !

So one's salvation, according to you, depends upon man and which creed he follows or doesn't follow instead of what Messiah did, is doing and will do.

Robert Pate

Banned

Everyones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection. Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil. Because he was victorious over all things God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated him at his own right hand as the, "king of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him, because our humanity was constituted in him. This is why salvation can only be by grace through faith, Ephesians 1:13.

Last edited:

beloved57

No, ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection. Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil. Because he was victorious over all things God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated him at his own right hand as the, "king of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him, because our humanity was constituted in him. This is why salvation can only be by grace through faith, Ephesians 1:13.
You contradicted yourself which is always a evidence of a false teacher.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Truster

No, ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection. Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil. Because he was victorious over all things God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36 and has seated him at his own right hand as the, "king of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

It looks as if you have taken a number of scriptural terms and thrown them higgledy-piggledy at the screen.

beloved57

pate

No, ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection.

You said

If you don't believe that all that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for your justification, you are not saved.

So you said it depends on man doing something or that man isnt saved. So this is a lie

ones salvation depends upon what Jesus did in his life, death and resurrection

You saying this doesnt save those Christ did that for if He did it doe them and theyre not saved !