Christ Adopted By The Father

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]You are my son[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christ was adopted by the Father to be His son.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 2:7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 1:11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 3:22[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 13:33[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: “‘You are my son; today I have become your father.’[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 1:5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Son Superior to Angels ] For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hebrews 5:5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 10:36[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]what[/FONT][FONT=&quot] about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

1 Chronicles 17:13
I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.[/FONT]

1 Chronicles 22:10
He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’[/FONT]

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/1 Chronicles 28:6 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

What does the Greek word begotten mean?

It is claimed that Arian arguments that used texts that refer to Christ as God's "only begotten Son" are based on a misunderstanding of the Greek word monogenēs and that the Greek word does not mean "begotten" in the sense we beget children but means "having no peer, or, unique".

Monogenes has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind."

BoyStan

I guess Trinitarians want to duck out on this thread.

I am a fully convinced Trinitarian because that is the unequivocal teaching of the New Testament.
The convincing evidence is easily read in any basic sound theology book.

It is a waste of time and effort to try and answer your heretical argument.
You have made up your mind.
Your argument was answered hundreds of years ago. I don't intend to dig up past heresies.

Believing in the Trinity is not essential for salvation.

CherubRam

I am a fully convinced Trinitarian because that is the unequivocal teaching of the New Testament.
The convincing evidence is easily read in any basic sound theology book.

It is a waste of time and effort to try and answer your heretical argument.
You have made up your mind.
Your argument was answered hundreds of years ago. I don't intend to dig up past heresies.

Believing in the Trinity is not essential for salvation.

Believing God is a Trinity will not get you into heaven or keep you out; never the less, correct doctrine is important.

Like I have said before, all of the Trinity proof text are falsified or misunderstood. Christ and the disciples did not believe God is a Trinity. The root of Trinitarianism comes from the mystery cults of Gnosticism and Paganism.

True Orthodox Jews never believed God is a trinity, and as a matter of fact God states that He alone is God and that there is no other. Since God knows of no other Gods but Himself, then how can that be a biblical truth?

[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.

Deuteronomy 4:35. You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym); besides Him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39. Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym) in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 5:7. "You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.

Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord (Yahwah) our God (Elohiym), the LORD (Yahwah) is one (only.)

1 Kings 8:60. So that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym) and that there is no other.

Isaiah 42:8. "I am the LORD (Yahwah); that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant (Yahshua) whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god (el) was formed, nor will there be one after me.

Isaiah 44:8. Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God (Eloah=Gods above) besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

Isaiah 45:5. I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other; apart from me there is no God (Elohiym).

6. so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other.

Isaiah 45:14. This is what the LORD (Yahwah) says: "The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush, and those tall Sabeans— they will come over to you and will be yours; they will trudge behind you, coming over to you in chains. They will bow down before you and plead with you, saying, 'Surely God (El) is with you, and there is no other; there is no other god (Elohiym).' "

Isaiah 45:18. For this is what the LORD (Yahwah) says: He who created the heavens, He is God (Elohiym); He who fashioned and made the earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited: He says: "I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other.

Isaiah 45:22. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God (El), and there is no other.

Isaiah 46:9. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God (El), and there is no other; I am God (Elohiym), and there is none like me.

Joel 2:27. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD (Yahwah) your God (Elohiym), and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.

Yahwah is God and he won't give his glory to another god.

The Greatest Commandment

Mark 12:28. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus (Yahshua) had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29. "The most important one," answered Jesus (Yahshua), "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord (Yahwah) our God (Elohiym), the Lord (Yahwah) is one (only).

Mark 12:32. "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God (Yahwah) is one (only) and there is no other but Him.

John 14:28. "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you love me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

BoyStan

Believing God is a Trinity will not get you into heaven or keep you out; never the less, correct doctrine is important.

Like I have said before, all of the Trinity proof text are falsified or misunderstood. Christ and the disciples did not believe God is a Trinity. The root of Trinitarianism comes from the mystery cults of Gnosticism and Paganism.

True Orthodox Jews never believed God is a trinity, and as a matter of fact God states that He alone is God and that there is no other. Since God knows of no other Gods but Himself, then how can that be a biblical truth?

[FONT="]Exodus 20:3.[/FONT][/B][FONT="] "You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.

Deuteronomy 4:35. You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym); besides Him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39. Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym) in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 5:7. "You shall have no other gods (Elohiyms) before me.

Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord (Yahwah) our God (Elohiym), the LORD (Yahwah) is one (only.)

1 Kings 8:60. So that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD (Yahwah) is God (Elohiym) and that there is no other.

Isaiah 42:8. "I am the LORD (Yahwah); that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Isaiah 43:10. "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD (Yahwah), "and my servant (Yahshua) whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god (el) was formed, nor will there be one after me.

Isaiah 44:8. Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God (Eloah=Gods above) besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

Isaiah 45:5. I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other; apart from me there is no God (Elohiym).

6. so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other.

Isaiah 45:14. This is what the LORD (Yahwah) says: "The products of Egypt and the merchandise of Cush, and those tall Sabeans— they will come over to you and will be yours; they will trudge behind you, coming over to you in chains. They will bow down before you and plead with you, saying, 'Surely God (El) is with you, and there is no other; there is no other god (Elohiym).' "

Isaiah 45:18. For this is what the LORD (Yahwah) says: He who created the heavens, He is God (Elohiym); He who fashioned and made the earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited: He says: "I am the LORD (Yahwah), and there is no other.

Isaiah 45:22. "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God (El), and there is no other.

Isaiah 46:9. Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God (El), and there is no other; I am God (Elohiym), and there is none like me.

Joel 2:27. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD (Yahwah) your God (Elohiym), and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed.

Yahwah is God and he won't give his glory to another god.

The Greatest Commandment

Mark 12:28. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus (Yahshua) had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29. "The most important one," answered Jesus (Yahshua), "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord (Yahwah) our God (Elohiym), the Lord (Yahwah) is one (only).

Mark 12:32. "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God (Yahwah) is one (only) and there is no other but Him.

John 14:28. "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you love me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]

Jesus was a Jew born under the law.Jesus answer in Mk12:28-32 is the truth known by the Jews under the law.
The law was only in force until Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus, as he promised, sent the Holy Spirit from the Father.
Now the Holy Spirit ,not the law, reigns (2Cor3:15-18).

Jesus was with the Father before the creation of the world(Jn17:24).
God is One. The Trinity is the fuller truth about the One God that Jesus revealed to his disciples.

CherubRam

Jesus was a Jew born under the law.Jesus answer in Mk12:28-32 is the truth known by the Jews under the law.
The law was only in force until Jesus death and resurrection. Jesus, as he promised, sent the Holy Spirit from the Father.
Now the Holy Spirit ,not the law, reigns (2Cor3:15-18).

Jesus was with the Father before the creation of the world(Jn17:24).
God is One. The Trinity is the fuller truth about the One God that Jesus revealed to his disciples.

All Non-Trins agree that Christ is an ancient being.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

The laws that were done away with were circumcision and the festivals.

The seventh day Sabbath was given to mankind, not the Jews.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man,...

BoyStan

All Non-Trins agree that Christ is an ancient being.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

The laws that were done away with were circumcision and the festivals.

The seventh day Sabbath was given to mankind, not the Jews.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man,...

Our positions are not going to be converted by any arguments either one puts forward.
I will leave you with your convictions.

_000_

BANNED
Banned
WHO STARTED THAT LIE YOU ARE ADOPTED BY GOD?

GOD:
John 1:13
Which were BORN, not of blood,
nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man, but of God.

THE DEVIL:
Which were ADOPTED, not of blood,
nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man, but of God.

JESUS:
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily,
I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.

THE DEVIL:
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily,
I say unto thee, Except a man be ADOPTED again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.

JESUS:
John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be BORN of water and of the Spirit,
he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

THE DEVIL:
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be ADOPTED of water and of the Spirit,
he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

JESUS:
John 3:6
That which is BORN of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is BORN of the Spirit is spirit.

THE DEVIL:
That which is ADOPTED of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is ADOPTED of the Spirit is spirit.

JESUS:
John 3:7
Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be BORN again.

THE DEVIL:
Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be ADOPTED again.

JESUS:
John 3:8
The wind bloweth where it listeth,
and thou hearest the sound thereof,
but canst not tell whence it cometh,