Let him be Anathema Maranatha

beloved57

1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

What does Paul mean by this scripture ?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

What does Paul mean by this scripture ?
If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come! - 1 Corinthians 16:22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians16:22&version=NKJV

884185e9816b4390240fdfa47befc7b9.jpg

bb9447114ea393615c9e6cd8fd4ff66f.jpg

Nanja

22 [FONT=&]If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

What does Paul mean by this scripture ?[/FONT]

The word anathema means:

a thing devoted to God without hope of being redeemed, and if an animal, to be slain; therefore a person or thing doomed to destruction

a man accursed, devoted to the direst of woes

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G331&t=KJV

Jesus told some jews:

John 8:42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

God Loves the world John 3:16 that is comprised of His Sons / Children and no others, and none can know they are one of His until He gives them His Spirit in New Birth, and they begin to Love God and call upon His Name Rom. 8:15.

Also, scripture tells us that the Sons God Loves He also chastens, but that all rest are cursed bastards.

Heb. 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

So Paul simply means that the ones in 1 Cor. 16:22 were never God's Children that He Loved, but children of their father the devil John 8:44 whom God hates Ps. 5:5.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
So Paul simply means that the ones in 1 Cor. 16:22 were never God's Children that He Loved, but children of their father the devil John 8:44 whom God hates Ps. 5:5.

Here's what Paul wrote:

"If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha."

Here's what Paul wrote, along with (in red font) what you're adding to Scripture:

"If any non-elect man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha."

Saul of Tarsus loved not the Lord Jesus Christ; that's why he murdered Christians. Did God love Saul of Tarsus?

beloved57

I believe Paul is saying that those not loving Jesus Christ let them be accursed at His coming. For example, the goats at His coming shall hear these words Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

beloved57

The phrase:[h=2]"Let him be Anathema Maranatha" its an present tense imperative. Exactly what does that mean ? And why didn't Paul give the imperative to pray for these people that God might save them ? Wouldn't that have been the more charitable?[/h]

Nanja

The phrase:[h=2]"Let him be Anathema Maranatha" its an present tense imperative. Exactly what does that mean ? And why didn't Paul give the imperative to pray for these people that God might save them ? Wouldn't that have been the more charitable?[/h]

I believe it means a command to consider them cursed in the present as a result of God having cursed them from Everlasting.

So praying for these people is an outright affront to God, for He was never their father nor loved them, and that's why they never loved His Son to begin with John 8:42, 44; Mat. 13:38, and so shall remain in a condemned state until the Coming of the Lord, and forever Rev. 21:8.

beloved57

I believe it means a command to consider them cursed in the present as a result of God having cursed them from Everlasting.

So praying for these people is an outright affront to God, for He was never their father nor loved them, and that's why they never loved His Son to begin with John 8:42, 44; Mat. 13:38, and so shall remain in a condemned state until the Coming of the Lord, and forever Rev. 21:8.
Thanks and very insightful!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk