Dealing With Guilt

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
GUILT--YOU MUST BE GUILTY TO FIND MERCY OR FORGIVENESS
You need to know how to handle guilt. Because to get to the truth in the Word. You will go through lots of guilt(emotional). The devil is always there to tell you" it doesnt mean that". And yet God tells you that you must believe it. If you believe it you will repent of it. If you repent of it you are forgiven. If you lie to yourself and dont repent, you will be charged with it. And bear a chastizement.

Rom 3:21-23
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Heb 4:1
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
Matt 23:29-35
29 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous,
30 "and say, 'If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.'
31 "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
32 "Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt.
33 "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?
34 "Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
35 "that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
Rom 3:19
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
James 2:10-12
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
1 Cor 11:27-28
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
2 Cor 7:8-11
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
11 For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
John 16:7-14
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
Titus 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
Jude 1:14-15
14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
15 "to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
I Jn 1:6-10
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)
XXX You cant get rid of guilt by lieing to yourself. There are two kinds of guilt. The emotional kind which is an unclean spirit and there is the belief kind which we all must believe. Now what happens is this. When the Holy Spirit convicts you of a sin with a verse your unclean spirits overwhelms you with an emotion and then the devil lies to you. And says it doesnt mean that. But if you accept the belief the Holy Spirit can give you verses like Paul. And without guilt to motivate you into changing a belief, you will never do it on your own.

1 Tim 1:13
13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
(NKJ)

Which is the same thing you done. By repenting you can get rid of the emotion, and deal with the belief. The feeling of guilt is an unclean spirit. That looks for opportunities to rear his ugly head. And he does it every time you go against something you have believed. One feeling tells you that you should do something, another feeling stops you, then the feeling of guilt punishes you. But if your in the Holy Spirit and you have crucified your emotions with the truth that is in the Word of God. You can be guilty of something without a feeling. Because the Holy Spirit convicts you. If you can believe the Holy Spirit. You must learn to suffer with guilt, to find the truth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Any true believer will deal with guilt. Its the weapon of the devil to keep you from believing the Word as written. We are to believe the word just as it is written. The emotion of guilt is an unclean spirit, and then the devil will tell you it doesnt mean that. And the devil will give you a different understanding.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think the first thing that one should learn before reading the bible is how to deal with guilt.