Time

Truster

I've submitted things to persuade you to be my brother . And you treat me like some unholy thing . I thought my reply to your time thread would be humorous . I was wrong , so instead of just blowing it off , your gonna pick the club back up and continue the beating from where you left off the last time . I'll just turn the other cheek for you .

You are unregenerate, unrepentant and uninspired.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That directly responds to the opening question. There is no secret agenda of "time" any more than there is a reason or purpose for "distance" or "height" or "weight." It is a measurement that we use to distinguish between events.
Agreed.
Time is a measurement (measurement of and between events) and is no more created than ounces or inches were created.

Rosenritter

That is the purpose. What is the reason.

pur·pose
/ˈpərpəs/
noun
1. the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
"the purpose of the meeting is to appoint a trustee"
synonyms: motive, motivation, grounds, cause, occasion, reason, point, basis, justification

https://www.google.ca/search?ei=923....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131j0i10.QwL66fkeSg8

... and from the other direction,

reason

noun
1. cause, grounds, purpose, motive, end, goal, design, target, aim, basis, occasion, object, intention,incentive, warrant, impetus, inducement, why and wherefore (informal) There is a reason for every important thing that happens.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/reason

"Purpose" and "reason" are synonyms.

Truster

pur·pose
/ˈpərpəs/
noun
1. the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
"the purpose of the meeting is to appoint a trustee"
synonyms: motive, motivation, grounds, cause, occasion, reason, point, basis, justification

https://www.google.ca/search?ei=923....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131j0i10.QwL66fkeSg8

... and from the other direction,

reason

noun
1. cause, grounds, purpose, motive, end, goal, design, target, aim, basis, occasion, object, intention,incentive, warrant, impetus, inducement, why and wherefore (informal) There is a reason for every important thing that happens.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/reason

"Purpose" and "reason" are synonyms.

You'll need to dig a lot deeper to discover the meaning of reason as opposed to purpose. It won't appear on Google.

Rosenritter

You'll need to dig a lot deeper to discover the meaning of reason as opposed to purpose. It won't appear on Google.

1 John 3:8 KJV
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8 NIV
(8) He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

Since we cannot count on Google to have spiritual understanding I tried the New Testament also. Would you like to explain the difference between "reason" and "purpose?"

Truster

1 John 3:8 KJV
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:8 NIV
(8) He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

Since we cannot count on Google to have spiritual understanding I tried the New Testament also. Would you like to explain the difference between "reason" and "purpose?"

You use scripture as a drunk uses a lamp post. For support rather than illumination.

Don't you realise that the reason the translators used both words synonymously is that they don't understand the difference?

Truster

The reason for the realm of time is to separate the perfection of eternity from the corruption of time. All that became in the realm of time is subject to time and will reach its conclusion. All that is eternal, speaks for itself.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The reason for the realm of time is to separate the perfection of eternity from the corruption of time. All that became in the realm of time is subject to time and will reach its conclusion. All that is eternal, speaks for itself.
Why not lead with your reason in the OP?

Why must most of your posts (and that of others given to this tactic) be a game of Whack-A-Mole ®? :idunno:

It may not be the intent of those that engage in this method, but the practice of asking a question then sitting back and denouncing answers proffered comes across as smugness (Matthew 5:37).

AMR

Truster

Why not lead with your reason in the OP?

Why must most of your posts (and that of others given to this tactic) be a game of Whack-A-Mole ®? :idunno:

It may not be the intent of those that engage in this method, but the practice of asking a question then sitting back and denouncing answers proffered comes across as smugness (Matthew 5:37).

AMR

First and foremostly it is not my reason. It is the reason and as such is available to all those that have an interest in the eternal.

"Whack a mole" or expose a hypocrite who can only cut and paste from denominational creeds.

If you don't like my methods then scroll past.

Truster

Time separates the creation from the eternal. Time also separates events and allows prophesy to become. Time is a perfect means of separation. Time also allows a space for repentance. Time is a currency and can be used or abused. It can be invested or wasted. People attempt to save time, but where would you store it.

In further answer to AMR's query about the ways I post. It is to give people time to ponder and I always hope that their ponderings will be rewarded, but there is little if any evidence of that, time will tell...

Truster

The measurement of time also grants us the gift of history from which man should learn. However, an old lecturer of mine on Church history pointed out that one lesson history teaches is that man seldom learns from history. Time will tell...