Jews And Gentiles Same Goal

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jews And Gentiles
Gal 2:6-9
6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.
Eph 3:6
6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
Col 3:9-14
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
Gal 5:3-6
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
Gal 6:15
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
Gal 5:3-6
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
Gal 6:15
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
(NKJ)
xxx Peter was to call the Jews to Christ. Paul was to call the Gentiles to Christ. They were both headed for the same goal. The revelations of Jesus Christ. Some Jews dont know this, and some Gentiles dont know this. And what the Jews are missing is that the message that the Gentiles have. Was first offered to the Jews. The message of Jesus was to deliver the Jews from the old testament law. The goal for both is the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
(NKJ)

Matt 4:7
7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.'"
(NKJ)

Acts 10:28-40
28 Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
29 "Therefore I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. I ask, then, for what reason have you sent for me?"
30 So Cornelius said, "Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
31 "and said, 'Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God.
32 'Send therefore to Joppa and call Simon here, whose surname is Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he will speak to you.'
33 "So I sent to you immediately, and you have done well to come. Now therefore, we are all present before God, to hear all the things commanded you by God."
34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.
35 "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
36 "The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ-- He is Lord of all--
37 "that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached:
38 "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
39 "And we are witnesses of all things which He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem, whom they killed by hanging on a tree.
40 "Him God raised up on the third day, and showed Him openly,
(NKJ)
xxx The goal is the Holy Spirit. And then the revelations of Jesus Christ.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 1:22
22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Eph 1:14
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
(NKJ)

John 10:14-16
14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.
15 "As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
16 "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
(NKJ)
[Rom 3:21-23
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Rosenritter

Jews and Gentiles are not the same. Jews and under the Gospel of the Kingdom. Gentiles are under the Gospel of the Grace of God. Read Galatians 2:7 again.

So if a Jew was lost as a child and raised by Gentile parents and thought he was a Gentile, he is judged differently? Has a different rewards and/or punishment? What or if the Gentile child was swapped with a Jewish child in the hospital?

Peter's vision of the sheet and the beasts was a clear message that God had also sanctified the gentile and that there was no longer a distinction. There was no distinction in the beginning regardless, and that which had been made had already served its purpose.

Rosenritter

Did you read Galatians 2:7? I think not.

It was irrelevant to the claim you made. That's not two different gospels, it's a gospel presented to each cultural group. Take the gospel to the headhunter tribes in Indonesia and you're going to be presenting it a bit different than in downtown Chicago. Besides, haven't you read what Paul said about if anyone brought any other gospel?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was irrelevant to the claim you made. That's not two different gospels, it's a gospel presented to each cultural group. Take the gospel to the headhunter tribes in Indonesia and you're going to be presenting it a bit different than in downtown Chicago. Besides, haven't you read what Paul said about if anyone brought any other gospel?

It is two different Gospels! The Gospel of the Kingdom unto the Jews and the Gospel of the Grace of God unto the Gentiles.

glorydaz

Because gentiles were not saved under the kingdom gospel, but under the gospel of grace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Raven read it the next times..

10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

Rosenritter

It is pretty simple to see and understand that they are different and not the same. One is to the circumcision and the other to the uncircumcision

Bright Raven, let's assume I have no idea what you are talking about, and you want to present the gospel to me. Which gospel do you preach, and how would you describe it? What is its message, its means, and its end?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bright Raven, let's assume I have no idea what you are talking about, and you want to present the gospel to me. Which gospel do you preach, and how would you describe it? What is its message, its means, and its end?

The Gospel of Grace of course;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Gal 3:24-29
[24] Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
[25] But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
[26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
[27] For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
[29] And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rosenritter

The Gospel of Grace of course;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

So why did you pick that gospel instead of the other one?

chair

One should read Paul within his historical context. The early Church started out as a Jewish sect, and in Paul's time it attracted many Gentiles. He had to find room for both within the Church.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There is only one goal by all to reach. That is Jesus Christ.
But there are two paths one is Jew which Peter led. And the other is Gentiles which Paul led. Jesus brought the message of salvation to the Jew first and they rejected it so Jesus gave it to the Gentiles. One gospel the new testament. For all and on all who receive it.

Gal 2:6-9
6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Col 3:9-14
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,

[Gal 3:24-29
[24] Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
[25] But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
[26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
[27] For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
[29] And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.