Jews And Gentiles Same Goal

Rosenritter

Because that is for the Jew. It is the Gospel of the Kingdom and only requires repentance and baptism. Sorry that won't get it . That is called works salvation.

Why would you assume I wasn't Jewish? It sounds like my salvation is at stake here and if you gave me the wrong gospel what happens then?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would you assume I wasn't Jewish? It sounds like my salvation is at stake here and if you gave me the wrong gospel what happens then?

Have you understood Galatians 2:7-8 yet?

Galatians 2:7-8 King James Version (KJV)
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Rosenritter

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

Raven, this has nothing to do with whether I have read the scripture. I am asking you to find out your understanding and hoping that you can demonstrate your meaning. I'll try again.

I asked you what you would say to me if you meant to tell me the gospel. You have two gospels, and you picked one of them, saying that the other one was for Jews. What if I am Jewish? You gave me a gospel to follow that wasn't for the Jews.

1. If I am Jewish and you gave me the other gospel, what happens if I try to follow the Gentile gospel that you gave me by mistake?

2. If I am Jewish and you neglected to give me the gospel "for the Jews" then what happens if I do not follow the Jewish gospel?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Its the same gospel. They just have to start the Jews in a little different way than they have to start the Gentiles. Same Gospel same goal same end.

Gal 2:6-9
6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Col 3:9-14
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

[Gal 3:24-29
[24] Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
[25] But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
[26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
[27] For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
[29] And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul put on a front for anyone so that he might win more people to Christ. But still Peter and Paul had the same goal. Sanctified in the new testament Gospel of Grace.

[1Co 9:19-23
[19] For though I am free from all [men], I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;
[20] and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those [who are] under the law, as under the law, that I might win those [who are] under the law;
[21] to those [who are] without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those [who are] without law;
[22] to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.
23] Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with [you].

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Its the same gospel. They just have to start the Jews in a little different way than they have to start the Gentiles. Same Gospel same goal same end.

6 But from those who seemed to be something-- whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man-- for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter
8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.

[Gal 3:24-29
[24] Therefore the law was our tutor [to bring us] to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
[25] But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
[26] For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
[27] For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
[28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
[29] And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It is not the same Gospel Squeaky.
The Gospel to the Jew is the Gospel of the Kingdom and salvation is found in the following way;

Acts 2:37-38 King James Version (KJV)
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Gospel to the Gentile is the Gospel of the Grace of God found here;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Raven, this has nothing to do with whether I have read the scripture. I am asking you to find out your understanding and hoping that you can demonstrate your meaning. I'll try again.

I asked you what you would say to me if you meant to tell me the gospel. You have two gospels, and you picked one of them, saying that the other one was for Jews. What if I am Jewish? You gave me a gospel to follow that wasn't for the Jews.

1. If I am Jewish and you gave me the other gospel, what happens if I try to follow the Gentile gospel that you gave me by mistake?

2. If I am Jewish and you neglected to give me the gospel "for the Jews" then what happens if I do not follow the Jewish gospel?

Are you a Jew or a Gentile? Jews repent and are baptized, Acts 2:38. Gentiles believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Pauls Gospel is the Gospel of grace given to the church as are his teachings in Romans through Philemon.

Right Divider

Body part
Are you a Jew or a Gentile? Jews repent and are baptized, Acts 2:38. Gentiles believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Pauls Gospel is the Gospel of grace given to the church as are his teachings in Romans through Philemon.
Sorry BR, but you're making a false split here.

In Acts 2:38 there were Jews and proselytes (Acts 2:10). That's Jews and Gentiles.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry BR, but you're making a false split here.

In Acts 2:38 there were Jews and proselytes (Acts 2:10). That's Jews and Gentiles.

RD, There may have been Gentiles in the crowd but Peter was speaking specifically to Jews. Were not the Apostles to go to the lost sheep of Israel. And was not Peter addressing the Jews in this passage. Peter is not the Apostle to the Gentiles, Paul is.

Rosenritter

How would I tell if I was Jew or Gentile, and even if I think I am one, how do I know I'm not mistaken? I'm asking you, since you say it matters.

The answer to those questions above may create more questions, but I need to know the answers first. Please don't make me guess the answers; I'm asking you (not Squeaky) because I already know his answer. He is going to say that there is one gospel for both Jew and Gentile and that it wouldn't matter where (or to whom) you were born. Please explain this to me.

Right Divider

Body part
RD, There may have been Gentiles in the crowd but Peter was speaking specifically to Jews. Were not the Apostles to go to the lost sheep of Israel. And was not Peter addressing the Jews in this passage. Peter is not the Apostle to the Gentiles, Paul is.
Peter was addressing Israel. But proselytes were welcome as well.

There have always been gentiles that joined with Israel just as God commanded in the beginning:

Exo 12:48-49 KJV And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. (49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

I'm well aware of who the apostle of the gentiles is. You should know by now that I know that.

Rosenritter

There have always been gentiles that joined with Israel just as God commanded in the beginning:
Exo 12:48-49 KJV And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. (49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

I'm well aware of who the apostle of the gentiles is. You should know by now that I know that.

Wasn't Rahab (from Jericho) a Gentile, but also in the lineage of Christ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I think you answered the question yourself. Peter was speaking primarily to the Jews, Israel. I was not being demeaning when mentioning Paul as the Apostle to the Gentiles. I would not insult you in that way. Excuse my ignorance if it was taken that way.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How would I tell if I was Jew or Gentile, and even if I think I am one, how do I know I'm not mistaken? I'm asking you, since you say it matters.

The answer to those questions above may create more questions, but I need to know the answers first. Please don't make me guess the answers; I'm asking you (not Squeaky) because I already know his answer. He is going to say that there is one gospel for both Jew and Gentile and that it wouldn't matter where (or to whom) you were born. Please explain this to me.

Well it is like the old saying;
You can take a horse to water but you can't force him to drink.

There are two Gospels, one to the Jew and one to the Gentile. Read the Scriptures and get it right. As for you being a Jew or not, only you know. All I can tell you is that a Gentile is a non-Jew.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is not the same Gospel Squeaky.
The Gospel to the Jew is the Gospel of the Kingdom and salvation is found in the following way;

Acts 2:37-38 King James Version (KJV)
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Gospel to the Gentile is the Gospel of the Grace of God found here;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I said
You are dead wrong. There are two ways to be called. But only one Gospel, the Gospel of salvation. Through Jesus Christ. Acts 2-38 that is just calling to receive the Holy Spirit. 1Co-15 that is how to be saved. Neither is salvation. Its a calling. I have showed you for years now that saved and salvation are different. Having the Holy Spirit and obeying the Holy Spirit are different.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
You are dead wrong. There are two ways to be called. But only one Gospel, the Gospel of salvation. Through Jesus Christ. Acts 2-38 that is just calling to receive the Holy Spirit. 1Co-15 that is how to be saved. Neither is salvation. Its a calling. I have showed you for years now that saved and salvation are different. Having the Holy Spirit and obeying the Holy Spirit are different.

You contradicted yourself in the first sentence you wrote. There are two Gospels;

Galatians 2:7 King James Version (KJV)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You contradicted yourself in the first sentence you wrote. There are two Gospels;

Galatians 2:7 King James Version (KJV)

I said
No I didnt. Peter and Paul had the very same Gospel. Paul and Barnabas joined the apostles in fellowship. And decided that Peter would go to the Jews and Paul would go to the Gentiles. With the very same Gospel.. Paul even said when he joined them they didnt have nothing that he didnt have already. They added nothing to him.

Rosenritter

Well it is like the old saying;
You can take a horse to water but you can't force him to drink.

There are two Gospels, one to the Jew and one to the Gentile. Read the Scriptures and get it right. As for you being a Jew or not, only you know. All I can tell you is that a Gentile is a non-Jew.

No @Bright Raven, the point is that in this case how can I know? It sounds like you are telling me to guess and hope I guessed right. So far it sounds like you are telling me you guessed and you have no way of telling if your guess was right, but eternal salvation lies in the balance if you guessed wrong and I believed you.

Do you not know the answers to those questions? I'm sure I've asked them at least three times already.