Is Calvinism Wrong?

Panda

Jesus came to give good news (the gospel) and Paul and the other writers refer to preaching the gospel as they had done. So if you're following anything not written in the gospel (NT) then you're not following God but men.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mark 16:15

Therefore, abstain from anyone not preaching the gospel. There are many doctrines out there but only the gospel given which can only be found in scripture.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus came to give good news (the gospel) and Paul and the other writers refer to preaching the gospel as they had done. So if you're following anything not written in the gospel (NT) then you're not following God but men.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Therefore, abstain from anyone not preaching the gospel. There are many doctrines out there but only the gospel given which can only be found in scripture.

Jesus didn't really come into the world to give us the Gospel. Jesus came into the world to defeat sin, death and the devil. Having victoriously done that, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. When God accepted Jesus into heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16, we were accepted in him, our humanity was constituted in him.

Welcome to the Forum.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

What exactly would you say is "the gospel"?

beloved57

Jesus didn't really come into the world to give us the Gospel. Jesus came into the world to defeat sin, death and the devil. Having victoriously done that, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. When God accepted Jesus into heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16, we were accepted in him, our humanity was constituted in him.

Welcome to the Forum.

And you teach that sinners Christ died for are just as lost as if He didnt do anything.

Rosenritter

Welcome to the Forum.

The gospel is all about defeating sin, death, and the devil: that's one way of stating the gospel.

John 10:10 KJV
(10) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

And there's another way of stating the gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sorry, I should have used some sort of emoji.

I was poking fun at the many folks here that claim that there is but one gospel in the Bible.

More than one Gospel???

Paul said to the Galatians, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the Gospel of Christ. But though we or and angel from heaven, PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:6-8.

There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Right Divider

Body part
More than one Gospel???

Paul said to the Galatians, "I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another Gospel, which is not another; but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the Gospel of Christ. But though we or and angel from heaven, PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:6-8.There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
There are MANY gospels in the Bible. Gospel simply means "good news" or "good message" and there are plenty of those in scripture.

http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3469-Another-gospel-in-Galatians-1

Robert Pate

Banned

Right Divider

Body part
The word "Gospel" is mainly used in Paul's epistles and is related the salvation of fallen man.
Why do you suppose that the word "gospel" is used SO MANY times by Paul and so few times elsewhere?

To use the word "Gospel" for any other reason than to describe God's work for us in Jesus Christ is heresy.
You don't scare me RP. I have a Bible and study it. I know that there are many gospels because I can read.