Is Calvinism Wrong?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's only the regenerate / Born of God that are led by the Spirit, which bears evidence that they were ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48 and Chosen to believe the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

But the believing the natural man such as yourself does, is merely a work of the flesh that can't please God Rom. 8:8.

You are a sad case. You believe that God is unjust and divisive. You don't have faith in him, nor do you have faith in his Son Jesus Christ. To believe that Jesus only atoned for some sins, but not all sins is an insult. You don't believe the Bible, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14.

What you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is what will condemn you in the judgment. You don't have saving faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
I've said for many years: "Nobody will end up in Hell and subsequently in the Lake of Fire because of their sins, but because of their rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.")

The Gospel of grace that Paul received from Jesus is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is the Gospel that angels desired to look into, 1 Peter 1:12. Unfortunately, few there be that find it, Matthew 7:14, because few there be that seek it.

beloved57

You are a sad case. You believe that God is unjust and divisive. You don't have faith in him, nor do you have faith in his Son Jesus Christ. To believe that Jesus only atoned for some sins, but not all sins is an insult. You don't believe the Bible, 1 John 2:2 also 1 John 4:14.

What you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is what will condemn you in the judgment. You don't have saving faith.

Its a sad case when one parading as a gospel preacher preaches that the death and blood of Christ alone doesnt save them He shed it for, as you do.

beloved57

The Gospel of grace that Paul received from Jesus is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is the Gospel that angels desired to look into, 1 Peter 1:12. Unfortunately, few there be that find it, Matthew 7:14, because few there be that seek it.

Its no gospel of Christ to teach sinners He died to save perish any way !

Robert Pate

Banned
There is such a thing as saving faith.

I can't see how you can dishonor God and insult his Son Jesus Christ and be saved. To say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to say that God is an unjust tyrant. How can anyone possibly have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing?

And then to insult his Son Jesus Christ by saying that he only atoned for some sins and not all sins is down right blasphemy. Sorry folks but my Bible teaches that Calvinist do NOT have faith in God, nor do they have faith in Jesus Christ.

beloved57

You never quote scripture to make your point. Can it be there is none.

Salvation has been provided for EVERYONE, Hebrews 2:9. So that WHOSOEVER that calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.
The scripture is true but you still dont believe that Christ Blood saved them He shed it for. That is unbelief

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Rosenritter

There is such a thing as saving faith.

I can't see how you can dishonor God and insult his Son Jesus Christ and be saved. To say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is to say that God is an unjust tyrant. How can anyone possibly have faith in a God that would do such a horrible thing?

And then to insult his Son Jesus Christ by saying that he only atoned for some sins and not all sins is down right blasphemy. Sorry folks but my Bible teaches that Calvinist do NOT have faith in God, nor do they have faith in Jesus Christ.

Mat 12:31-32 KJV
(31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
(32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

How do you understand blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

genuineoriginal

So apart from the gospel everything found in the Bible is nothing but window dressing?
That reminds me of what Hillel said.

On the "Golden Rule"
Once there was a gentile who came before Shammai, and said to him: "Convert me on the condition that you teach me the whole Torah while I stand on one foot. Shammai pushed him aside with the measuring stick he was holding. The same fellow came before Hillel, and Hillel converted him, saying: That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it." - Babylonian Talmud, Shabbat 31a

genuineoriginal

Right. Selective grace is not grace at all. The word "grace" means God's unmerited favor towards fallen man. Not just some men, but all men. "God so loved the world" not just some of the world, but all of the world.
God's Grace is never unmerited.
There is always something a person has to do to merit God's Grace.

Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

its our fault if we don't accept Christ as our savior.
If you don't accept Christ as your savior, you haven't merited God's Grace.

FineLinen

God's Grace is never unmerited.
There is always something a person has to do to merit God's Grace.

Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

If you don't accept Christ as your savior, you haven't merited God's Grace.

Dear Genuine: Do you know that repentance must be "granted"? I hate to be the bearer of discouraging news, but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to "merit God's grace."

"NOT by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy has He saved us"

https://www.biblestudytools.com/titus/3-5-compare.html

genuineoriginal

Dear Genuine: Do you know that repentance must be "granted"?
That is a false doctrine.

I hate to be the bearer of discouraging news, but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to "merit God's grace."
The adversary loves to make that statement, but the Word of God has something different to say.

James 4:6
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.​

FineLinen

"It wasn't so long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn, dupes of sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, our kind and loving Savior God, stepped in, he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit. Our Savior Jesus poured out new life so generously. God's gift has restored our relationship with him and given us back our lives. And there's more life to come - an eternity of life!"

Robert Pate

Banned
Mat 12:31-32 KJV
(31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
(32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

How do you understand blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is blasphemy against the Gospel. No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Salvation always has been and always will be by grace through faith. There will be many in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group that believe their religion is what saved them, Matthew 7:21-23.