Personal relationship

Truster

If you have said that you have a "personal relationship" with Jesus then you might be interested in knowing neither the word "personal" nor "relationship appear in scripture.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If you have said that you have a "personal relationship" with Jesus then you might be interested in knowing neither the word "personal" nor "relationship appear in scripture.

Are you saying Christ being formed in our hearts by Faith and faithing is not personal ?
Faithing being , Vines : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Truster

Are you saying Christ being formed in our hearts by Faith and faithing is not personal ?
Faithing being , Vines : " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender ."

What I am saying is that the relationship the blind and ignorant insist that they have does not have its root in scripture.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What I am saying is that the relationship the blind and ignorant insist that they have does not have its root in scripture.

Wouldn't the words " adoption , slave , marriage , sons , off the top of my head be considered personal relationships and rooted in Scripture ?

eleos

There are a lot of words that don't appear in the bible ... your point is ?

MennoSota

True.
I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives within me. And the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave himself for me.
I have been made alive...in Christ.

Truster

There are a lot of words that don't appear in the bible ... your point is ?

My point is that people prefer fables rather than truth. My point is that it pleased the Holy Spirit to convey the truth using words that have meaning and He did not use the term personal relationship.

MennoSota

What qualifications do you have to make a determination about any translation ?
The same lack of qualification as you?
The translation process for the ESV, NASB and NLT required peer review of groups of scholars. I trust their translations over the complaints of a few whiners on TOL.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
"The spiritual man will judge all things but no one will judge him".

That's not a qualification , that's a state of being .

The qualifications I've been exposed to , including the above state of being are,
1) taught theology at a Stanford University level for 33 years .
2) taught by a Dr. Of theology from Stanford University .
3) teacher was fluent in all the ancient dialects , and had another Dr. In education , that made him able to teach those ancient languages .
4) over his 50 years of teaching , he also amassed the largest collection of biblical manuscripts in private hands behind the Vatican .
5) He taught from those earliest manuscripts , comparing them to over 50 other translated languages .
6) He taught publicly nearly 7 days a week for 30 years .

These are the qualifications I'm speaking of . Or are you making the declaration you have the Spirit of Christ , and get direct discernment , not needing the gifted teachers Scripture tells us Christ gives us for the perfecting of the saints ?

Truster

That's not a qualification , that's a state of being .

The qualifications I've been exposed to , including the above state of being are,
1) taught theology at a Stanford University level for 33 years .
2) taught by a Dr. Of theology from Stanford University .
3) teacher was fluent in all the ancient dialects , and had another Dr. In education , that made him able to teach those ancient languages .
4) over his 50 years of teaching , he also amassed the largest collection of biblical manuscripts in private hands behind the Vatican .
5) He taught from those earliest manuscripts , comparing them to over 50 other translated languages .
6) He taught publicly nearly 7 days a week for 30 years .

These are the qualifications I'm speaking of . Or are you making the declaration you have the Spirit of Christ , and get direct discernment , not needing the gifted teachers Scripture tells us Christ gives us for the perfecting of the saints ?

"Elohim choses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise". That would be wise in their own eyes, like you.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
"Elohim choses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise". That would be wise in their own eyes, like you.

So we had to go through all this , when you could have just said you have no qualifications ?

There's no shame ! Just stop making statements you can't back up .

Truster

So we had to go through all this , when you could have just said you have no qualifications ?

There's no shame ! Just stop making statements you can't back up .

I left school at 13 years of age with no qualifications and no abilities. My education began at the age of 43 years when I was converted. I have less than no qualifications. All I have is what I've been given and given abundantly.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I left school at 13 years of age with no qualifications and no abilities. My education began at the age of 43 years when I was converted. I have less than no qualifications. All I have is what I've been given and given abundantly.

There's no doubt I think God would rather work with a blank slate , than have to undo a lifetime of bad teaching . I'm here to help you any way I can if you can lower yourself to your opinion of me .

Truster

There's no doubt I think God would rather work with a blank slate , than have to undo a lifetime of bad teaching . I'm here to help you any way I can if you can lower yourself to your opinion of me .

It would be of great help to me if you put me on ignore. That would mean you would not be continually opposing the truth.

There is nothing that you have to say that I need to hear. There is nothing that I say that you could possibly hear.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It would be of great help to me if you put me on ignore. That would mean you would not be continually opposing the truth.

There is nothing that you have to say that I need to hear. There is nothing that I say that you could possibly hear.

Those are the most Spiritual words you've spoken to date !

Truster

Those are the most Spiritual words you've spoken to date !

Those that have been set free by the truth always recognise the truth. You, however, are not only blind to the truth you take every opportunity to oppose the truth. Your anxiety and spiritual discomfort will increase...