What led me away from Calvinism

MennoSota

Give us a verse....and don't give us the Fruit of the Spirit.

I'll wait. :popcorn:
Ephesians 2:5-9
[5]that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)
[6]For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.
[7]So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
[8]God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
[9]Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ephesians 2:5-9
[5]that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)
[6]For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus.
[7]So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.
[8]God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
[9]Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Well that ain't what my Bible says.

What in the world version are you using anyways? Lotsa stuff been added in your version. Didn't God give a warnin' about that sorta thing?

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:4-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:4-9&version=NKJV

Truster

PS

It's often intellectual pride with a hint of presumed spiritual superiority, but this is impossible to see and admit.

MennoSota

Well that ain't what my Bible says.

What in the world version are you using anyways? Lotsa stuff been added in your version. Didn't God give a warnin' about that sorta thing?

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:4-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:4-9&version=NKJV
That's exactly what your Bible says. You just are blind to comprehending it. Nowhere in either versions do you read that faith comes by the human will. In both versions you see that faith is a gift from God.

Truster

The story of the OP isn't mine. Why would i put my own remarks in quotes?

I posted it for the sake of Calvinists here. Or anyone else who might benefit from it.

The thread title doesn't have quotation marks. It was the thread title I was responding to. Placing quotation marks in the post page made me think that for some reason, known only to you, that you were quoting yourself.

More cut and paste theology.

Rosenritter

The thread title doesn't have quotation marks. It was the thread title I was responding to. Placing quotation marks in the post page made me think that for some reason, known only to you, that you were quoting yourself.

More cut and paste theology.

The problem with that copy and paste methodology is that it lacks accountability.