What led me away from Calvinism

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What a foolish thread. What I note is that the emphasis is not on God and His word. Instead, the op just moves from one worldview to another without ever having a saving faith. There are many _______ists in this world who are dead in their trespasses and sins because their belief is found in a system and God has never given them the gift of faith.

:baby:

MennoSota

Not what I said. Please don't twist my words.

I said I find YOUR "gospel" foolish. And then I said that I prefer God's word to pagan ideas.

God chose the nation of Israel to believe, and then most of them went to hell.

So, according to you either God lied, or being chosen isn't what you think it is.

Who?

:think: :idunno:
Being chosen is not what YOU think it is, which is why you struggle with this.
Being born into the nation of Israel did not make you a chosen person of the promise, just like being born into a Christian home does not make you a Christian.
The Gospel I preach is the gospel Jesus and the writers of scripture preached. It does not surprise me that you cannot understand it.

Rosenritter

Faith which comes as a gift from God, not generated by man's own will. Read the Bible and you'll understand.

Mat 17:20 KJV
(20) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Jesus did not say "because of my unbelief" or "if I give you faith as a grain of mustard seed."

Mat 8:10 KJV
(10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

It would seem awfully strange for Jesus to marvel at his own faith that he placed there.

MennoSota

Mat 17:20 KJV
(20) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Jesus did not say "because of my unbelief" or "if I give you faith as a grain of mustard seed."

Mat 8:10 KJV
(10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

It would seem awfully strange for Jesus to marvel at his own faith that he placed there.
In all those verses, God gives the person faith. There is no contradiction with Ephesians 2:8-9.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Being chosen is not what YOU think it is, which is why you struggle with this.
Being born into the nation of Israel did not make you a chosen person of the promise, just like being born into a Christian home does not make you a Christian.
The Gospel I preach is the gospel Jesus and the writers of scripture preached. It does not surprise me that you cannot understand it.

The problem is, you don't understand. You're basically, a 'Troll in the first degree, anyway.'

MennoSota

You have too much RED in your rep power to be pretending you speak for TOL. :chuckle:
LOL, with the large number of cult members posting on TOL, I expect them to be at the top of whatever "rep power" is offered. It's a sure bet you're near the top. [emoji23]