Was King James likely a homosexual?

GregoryN

Why be ignorant when you could be informed?

https://www.scionofzion.com/kj_real_story.html

Are you ignorant of this:

"On the downside, King James was a raving homosexual. Sir Walter Raleigh joked about it, saying “King Elizabeth” had been succeeded by “Queen James.”

"His favorite lover was the Duke of Buckingham. Anyone who doubts this needs to read “King James and Letters of Homoerotic Desire” by David Bergeron. James’ tomb lies beside that of Buckingham in Westminster Abbey."

Rosenritter

"On the downside, King James was a raving homosexual. Sir Walter Raleigh joked about it, saying “King Elizabeth” had been succeeded by “Queen James.”

"His favorite lover was the Duke of Buckingham. Anyone who doubts this needs to read “King James and Letters of Homoerotic Desire” by David Bergeron. James’ tomb lies beside that of Buckingham in Westminster Abbey."

I think it is more likely that GregoryN is a homosexual. Unlike King James, Greg doesn't have a lifetime of established character witnesses, and we know how the homosexual movement is always trying to claim King James, David, Jonathan, John, and Jesus for their side.

GregoryN

I think it is more likely that GregoryN is a homosexual. Unlike King James, Greg doesn't have a lifetime of established character witnesses, and we know how the homosexual movement is always trying to claim King James, David, Jonathan, John, and Jesus for their side.

Are you also ignorant of this book:

With the words of King James himself. He's the best "character witness", don't you think.

Rosenritter

Are you also ignorant of this book:

With the words of King James himself. He's the best "character witness", don't you think.

We don't care about your fabricated lies. I'm sure you're just trying to increase the perceived numbers for the Rainbow Flag so that you can justify your own sinful behavior. A century after you are dead I am sure we will see your words also written in someone's book "I GregoryN the Universalist am a raving homosexual."

Ayn Marx

I’m curious as the what kind of homosexual a ‘raving’ one is. The opposite of so many closeted homosexuals who hide within the bosom of Mother Church?

GregoryN

We don't care about your fabricated lies. I'm sure you're just trying to increase the perceived numbers for the Rainbow Flag so that you can justify your own sinful behavior. A century after you are dead I am sure we will see your words also written in someone's book "I GregoryN the Universalist am a raving homosexual."

Are you more sure of those things or that KJ of your KJV Bible wasn't a homo?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Do you always get your history from the jokes of criminals?

Fake news.

Rosenritter

I’m curious as the what kind of homosexual a ‘raving’ one is. The opposite of so many closeted homosexuals who hide within the bosom of Mother Church?

The point is that he has no care as to the validity of his claim, he thinks that merely bringing unfounded accusations against all evidence is enough. Besides, Gregory does rave, you can see that in this thread and others, even especially his home base of the Universalism thread.

Ayn, please use "Reply with Quote" when responding.

Last edited:

Rosenritter

Sir Walter Raleigh (/ˈrɔːli/, /ˈræli/, or /ˈrɑːli/;[2] circa 1554 – 29 October 1618) was an English landed gentleman, writer, poet, soldier, politician, courtier, spy and explorer. He was cousin to Sir Richard Grenville and younger half-brother of Sir Humphrey Gilbert. He is also well known for popularising tobacco in England.

Raleigh was born to a Protestant family in Devon, the son of Walter Raleigh and Catherine Champernowne. Little is known of his early life, though he spent some time in Ireland, in Killua Castle, Clonmellon, County Westmeath, taking part in the suppression of rebellions and participating in the Siege of Smerwick. Later, he became a landlord of property confiscated from the native Irish. He rose rapidly in the favour of Queen Elizabeth I and was knighted in 1585. Raleigh was instrumental in the English colonisation of North America and was granted a royal patent to explore Virginia, paving the way for future English settlements. In 1591, he secretly married Elizabeth Throckmorton, one of the Queen's ladies-in-waiting, without the Queen's permission, for which he and his wife were sent to the Tower of London. After his release, they retired to his estate at Sherborne, Dorset.

In 1594, Raleigh heard of a "City of Gold" in South America and sailed to find it, publishing an exaggerated account of his experiences in a book that contributed to the legend of "El Dorado". After Queen Elizabeth died in 1603, Raleigh was again imprisoned in the Tower, this time for being involved in the Main Plot against King James I, who was not favourably disposed towards him. In 1616, he was released to lead a second expedition in search of El Dorado. During the expedition, men led by his top commander ransacked a Spanish outpost, in violation of both the terms of his pardon and the 1604 peace treaty with Spain. Raleigh returned to England and, to appease the Spanish, he was arrested and executed in 1618.

Raleigh was one of the most notable figures of the Elizabethan era. In 2002, he was featured in the BBC poll of the 100 Greatest Britons.[3]

Sir Walter Raleigh, executed for violating his pardon with murder and treason after already having been given a royal pardon for sedition and treason the first time.

GregoryN

Are not all men sinners, enemies of God? Should i, then, throw out all history books?

Fake news.

Prove it.

Rosenritter

Are not all men sinners, enemies of God? Should i, then, throw out all history books?

Prove it.

I took a glance at some of the nonsense that quotes Bergeron. They have claims such as "James had no interest in women" (which is completely counter to the known facts, that he lived with his wife and raised eight children and even published love poems to her.

https://www.scionofzion.com/kj_real_story.html
The unmarried Puritan preacher John Rainolds questioned the use of the phrase "with my body I thee worship" in the standard English wedding ceremony. King James openly teased him about this. He said, "Many a man speaks of Robin Hood who never shot his bow; if you had a good wife yourself, you would think that all the honor and worship you could do her would be well bestowed." He then spoke of his queen as "our dearest bedfellow."
In 1603 James wrote the following to Anne:

"...I thank God I carry that love and respect unto you which, by the law of God and nature, I ought to do to my wife and mother of my children. . . For the respect of your honorable earth and descent I married you; but the love and respect I now bear you for that ye are my married wife and so partaker of my honour, as of all my other fortunes... Where ye were a king's or cook's daughter ye must be all alike to me being one my wife."

D.H. Wilson wrote the following about King James's love poems to his wife:
"He remained infatuated with his bride, whose praises he sang in sonnets and in other verse. Her beauty, he wrote, has caused his love,
'Long smoldering as fire hidden among coals, to burst into sudden blaze.' She inspires his verse, and her approbation spurs him to preserve, though government brings stormy cares. But she is a sweet physician who can soothe and cure his ills."

In fact, James did something almost unique for a royal monarch. He taught that the king should be a moral person, faithful to his wife and should set a moral example for his people. It was common for kings to have a number of mistresses. In France the king's mistress was considered an official member of the royal court. In fact the lack of mistresses in King James's Court is often used as proof that he was a homosexual. However a lack of mistresses is also a sign of a godly man leading a clean moral life.

James further writes:
"Marriage is one of the greatest actions that a man does all his time." "When you are married, keep inviolably your promise made to God in your marriage, which all stands in doing of one thing. And abstaining from another, to treat her in all things as your wife and the half of yourself, and to make your body (which then is no more yours but property hers) common with none other. I trust I need not to insist there to dissuade you from filthy vice of adultery remember only what solemn promise you made to God at your marriage." And for your behavior to your wife, the Scripture can best give you counsel therein. Treat her as your own flesh, command her as her lord, cherish her as your helper, rule her as your pupil, please her in all things reasonable, but teach her not to be curious in things that belong not to her. You are the head, she is your body, it is your office to command and hers to obey, but yet with such a sweet harmony as she should be as ready to obey as you to command, as willing to follow as you to go before, your love being wholly knit unto her, and all her affections lovingly bent to follow your will."

James repeatedly taught the importance of morality and marriage. James wrote in Basilicon Doron:

"But the principal blessing that you can get of good company will stand, in your marrying of a godly and virtuous wife. . . being flesh of your flesh and bone of your bone. . . Marriage is the greatest earthlv felicity. .. without the blessing of God you cannot look for a happy marriage."

James instructed his son:
"Keep your body clean and unpolluted while you give it to your wife whom to only it belongs for how can you justly crave to be joined with a Virgin if your body be polluted? Why should the one half be clean, and other defiled? And suppose I know, fornication is thought but a venial sin by the most part of the world, yet remember well what I said to you in my first book regarding conscience, and count every sin and breach of God's law, not according as the vain world esteems of it, but as God judge and maker of the law accounts of the same: hear God commanding by the mouth of Paul to abstain from fornication, declaring that the fornicator shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven, and by the mouth of John reckoning out fornication among other grievous sins that declares the commiters among dogs and swine." James notes the end thereof is a "man given over to his own filthy affections."

Because of King James's strong moral teaching and personal example, Disraeli wrote: "James had formed the most elevated conception of the virtues and duties of a monarch." Few English monarchs used the moral authority of the throne to teach morality and demonstrate it by example. Those who did, like King James and Queen Victoria, generated great resentment from those who were convicted by their moral teachings. In both cases, after their death, their enemies attacked them with vicious moral slanders. The real King James was an outstanding moral example and a clear moral teacher. In neither case was there any evidence to back up their accusations. King James pointed out how many civil wars were started by the illegitimate sons of kings. He pointed out how many innocent lives could have been saved if kings had been moral people.
How many love letters have you published to your wife GregoryN? I haven't seen you show any interest in women. Prove you're not homosexual.

Rosenritter

Prove it.

Filthy minds will accuse by applying their filthy thoughts to innocent writings, especially those with an axe to grind and someone they seek to defame.

Luk 22:47-48 KJV
(47) And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
(48) But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?

You've already shown yourself as a false accuser without regard for honor, you've given no indication that you've tried to avail yourself of the available character references and historical evidence.

1Ti 5:19 KJV
(19) Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
CautionAxeGrinding_small.jpg

GregoryN

I took a glance at some of the nonsense that quotes Bergeron. They have claims such as "James had no interest in women" (which is completely counter to the known facts, that he lived with his wife and raised eight children and even published love poems to her.

Until you read the book, why are you still making comments on this topic.

You keep posting one link repeatedly. In a court of law the judge considers - all - the evidence. Not just one of many opinions.

Many men who are homos love their wives & have children.

GregoryN

Filthy minds will accuse by applying their filthy thoughts to innocent writings, especially those with an axe to grind and someone they seek to defame.

Consider that remark in light of:

Are you more sure of those things or that KJ of your KJV Bible wasn't a homo?