The Gospel Verses Predestination

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If they accept His free gift, then they are saved.

If they reject His free gift, then if they die while still rejecting it, they go to hell to await judgment.

Only those who accept His free gift are saved.

Jesus reconciled the world to Himself when He went to the cross. But reconciliation is not salvation. God has done his part, just like He did for Abram in Genesis 15. All Abraham had to do was accept that he could do nothing.

In the same way, one simply has to accept that God did everything, and that he (the man) can do nothing to save Himself.

That's what Paul meant when he wrote Romans 10:9. "...That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Amen.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is all anyone needs to read about your view of God. Any Christian who reads what you stated should cringe because you have just declared that God is not omnipotent and not sovereign.

And yet, it's because you DON'T read the rest of my post that makes you think that. Go on, read the rest of my post and respond to it, instead of stopping after the first sentence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's good news to tell sinners that Christ died for them. Whether they accept His free gift of Salvation is another matter entirely.

An analogy would be, if a company you work for offers 'free life insurance,' however, you have the right to accept it or reject it. The company offers the 'life insurance' to ALL of its employees but, some of the employees will accept and some will reject it. It's still offered to every employee that desires to have it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
An analogy would be, if a company you work for offers 'free life insurance,' however, you have the right to accept it or reject it. The company offers the 'life insurance' to ALL of its employees but, some of the employees will accept and some will reject it. It's still offered to every employee that desires to have it.
I think my favorite analogy is that Christ's offer of salvation is like a parachute one is given before he jumps out of the plane. Putting one's faith in Him is pulling the cord. Rejecting His gift is simply not pulling the cord. He has up until he reaches death (which is the point where pulling the cord will do nothing to prevent him from dying) to pull the cord, after which, he's dead, and there's nothing that can be done to save him. but even if he pulls the cord, the parachute (which was already put together to save the wearer's life) will open and they will live.

Christ is the one who did all the work prepping the parachute. All one has to do is Romans 10:9 (pull the cord).

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If they accept His free gift, then they are saved.l

If they reject His free gift, then if they die while still rejecting it, they go to hell to await judgment.

Only those who accept His free gift are saved.

Jesus reconciled the world to Himself when He went to the cross. But reconciliation is not salvation. God has done his part, just like He did for Abram in Genesis 15. All Abraham had to do was accept that he could do nothing.

In the same way, one simply has to accept that God did everything, and that he (the man) can do nothing to save Himself.

That's what Paul meant when he wrote Romans 10:9. "...That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

JR , I like where your going . Salvation does require work on our part . Not work to try and replace what Christ did on the cross , but work to fulfill Faith and faithing .

Two things I don't agree with .
1) the word " believe " is a mistranslation of the Greek word pisteuo . Pisteuo , is defined specifically in the Strongs and Vines as this . "Pisteuo means" NOT " just to believe ." Pisteuo is " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

With that said ,
2) Jesus accepts us ! We don't accept Him !

It's our Faithing , our surrendered life that is acceptable or not . Is our daily decisions supporting the fact we have surrendered our lives to Him , or are we serving someone or something else ? And I'm not talking obedience , Faith and faithing are a response to His call .

By The Grace of God , the Faith response , the continually surrendered life , will become the only acceptable tender in heaven .

Robert Pate

Banned
This is all anyone needs to read about your view of God. Any Christian who reads what you stated should cringe because you have just declared that God is not omnipotent and not sovereign.

God is sovereign only within his holy just will and character. God cannot and will not do evil. Your Calvinist doctrine makes God unjust and unmerciful. To say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is blaspheme. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is also blaspheme. By your words you will be condemned in the judgment.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
God is sovereign only within his holy just will and character. God cannot and will not do evil. Your Calvinist doctrine makes God unjust and unmerciful. To say that God predestinates people to hell before they are born is blaspheme. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is also blaspheme. By your words you will be condemned in the judgment.

Amen , RP. But I don't think your aware of the fact mennosota said he read the book of Hebrews once from beginning to end , and that's what made him one of the elect , and a knower of all things . And all without standing on anything .

beloved57

You have been shown scripture and you deny them in scoffing unbelief, and you deny the saving death of Christ

MennoSota

Why couldn't God do that which he wanted to do? Because God is good and just, and does not reward those who deserve punishment, and does not punish those who deserve reward.
Is there any human that deserves (merits) a reward from God?
What does the Bible say about all humanity and their own self righteousness?
Is God just if God casts all humanity into hell because they have broken His moral law?
Who would God look upon and declare: "You are so holy that I must not punish you for that would be unjust."?
Are you utterly blind to what you are declaring about humanity and God?
You lift up the human condition and denigrate God as unjust if He does not reward sinners based upon your assessment that sinners merit God's forgiveness.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is there any human that deserves (merits) a reward from God?

No.

What does the Bible say about all humanity and their own self righteousness?

That their righteousness is as filthy rags.

Is God just if God casts all humanity into hell because they have broken His moral law?

Yes.

Who would God look upon and declare: "You are so holy that I must not punish you for that would be unjust."?

There is none righteous, no not one.

Are you utterly blind to what you are declaring about humanity and God?

No. You're the one who is blind to what I am saying.

You lift up the human condition and denigrate God as unjust if He does not reward sinners based upon your assessment that sinners merit God's forgiveness.

You're the one denigrating God. You're the one who says God arbitrarily saves people. God saves those who put their faith in Him, not those who do not.

beloved57

jr

God saves those who put their faith in Him, not those who do not.

Thats not true about the True God. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 to be reconciled to God is to be legally saved from ones sins and in a right relationship with God !

MennoSota

No.

That their righteousness is as filthy rags.

Yes.

There is none righteous, no not one.

No. You're the one who is blind to what I am saying.

You're the one denigrating God. You're the one who says God arbitrarily saves people. God saves those who put their faith in Him, not those who do not.

You do not see how you are contradicting yourself with the above comments in comparison to your earlier comment. If you are blind to your hypocrisy, I cannot open your eyes.
[QUOTE JudgeRightly;]
Why couldn't God do that which he wanted to do? Because God is good and just, and does not reward those who deserve punishment, and does not punish those who deserve reward. [/QUOTE]

Faither

BANNED
Banned
jr

Thats not true about the True God. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 to be reconciled to God is to be legally saved from ones sins and in a right relationship with God !

Then why does it say 248 times in the NT that those who "personally " surrender their lives to Him and live a life inspired by such surrender are the saved ?

beloved57

Then why does it say 248 times in the NT that those who "personally " surrender their lives to Him and live a life inspired by such surrender are the saved ?

I dont know what you are talking about , thats your issue to solve. I showed you Rom 5:10 to validate my comment. According to Rom 5:10 when were those Christ died for reconciled to God ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I dont know what you are talking about , thats your issue to solve. I showed you Rom 5:10 to validate my comment. According to Rom 5:10 when were those Christ died for reconciled to God ?

I realize you don't know what I'm talking about .what are you doing here if you don't research what people are saying to you . Pisteuo is the verb form of the noun Faith , the word the Greek used to tell us how to apply Faith , 248 times . You know this word by the mistranslation , believe , believer , and believing .

Many are called , few are chosen . Called first , chosen second . Called to faithe , chosen by our faithing . " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender "

beloved57

I realize you don't know what I'm talking about .what are you doing here if you don't research what people are saying to you . Pisteuo is the verb form of the noun Faith , the word the Greek used to tell us how to apply Faith , 248 times . You know this word by the mistranslation , believe , believer , and believing .

Many are called , few are chosen . Called first , chosen second . Called to faithe , chosen by our faithing . " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender "

This post of yours is absolutely meaningless to the point I made and you keep evading:

According to Rom 5:10 when were those Christ died for reconciled to God ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
This post of yours is absolutely meaningless to the point I made Andrew you keep evading:

God's Word and the promises there in are only for those who have the Spirit of Christ. The Spirit of Christ only comes by " pisteuo" faithing . You don't know what that is , so how could you have the Spirit of Christ ? How is it , your claiming things in God's Word without it ?

My point and the answer to your question is , its not yours to talk about yet ! By your own admission !

Robert Pate

Banned
This post of yours is absolutely meaningless to the point I made and you keep evading:

The whole world has been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

That's a tough one for you to swallow because you are all choked up on Calvinism.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thats not true about the True God.

And yet, you fail to back up your claim.

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies

Since Christ died for all, I agree. ALL are enemies of God. Christ died for his enemies, so that all might be saved (John 3:17).

2 Corinthians 5:15

....................All <--- Christ died for
................../.....\
................/.........\
Believers.............Unbelievers
---------------............-------------------
included in..........do not believe
the group............in nor live for
called, "those......Christ even
who Christ..........though He died
died for";.............for them;
should live..........included in
for Christ.............the group
because..............called, "those
Christ died..........who Christ
for them..............died for"

Christ died for all. Believers and unbelievers are whom Christ died for. But only the believers will be saved, because God cannot reward those who rebel against Him (unbelievers).

Rom 5:10 to be reconciled to God is to be legally saved from ones sins and in a right relationship with God !

Nope. Look at what the verse says:

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. - Romans 5:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans5:10&version=NKJV

were enemies/were reconciled = aorist tense
having been reconciled = aorist tense
shall be saved = future tense

"Reconciled" is not "saved."

Reconciled:
Strong's g2644

- Lexical: καταλλάσσω
- Transliteration: katallassó
- Part of Speech: Verb
- Phonetic Spelling: kat-al-las'-so
- Definition: to change, exchange, reconcile.
- Origin: From kata and allasso; to change mutually, i.e. (figuratively) to compound a difference.
- Usage: reconcile.
- Translated as (count): be reconciled (2), having been reconciled (1), having reconciled (1), reconciling (1), we were reconciled (1).

Definition of reconcile
reconciled; reconciling
transitive verb
1 a : to restore to friendship or harmony reconciled the factions
b : settle, resolve reconcile differences
2 : to make consistent or congruous reconcile an ideal with reality
3 : to cause to submit to or accept something unpleasant was reconciled to hardship
4 a : to check (a financial account) against another for accuracy
b : to account for
From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reconcile

Saved:
Strong's g4982

- Lexical: σῴζω
- Transliteration: sózó
- Part of Speech: Verb
- Phonetic Spelling: sode'-zo
- Definition: to save, heal, preserve, rescue.
- Origin: From a primary sos (contraction for obsolete saos, "safe"); to save, i.e. Deliver or protect (literally or figuratively).
- Usage: heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.
- Translated as (count): to save (18), will be saved (10), to be saved (9), save (7), will save (5), being saved (4), has healed (4), he saved (4), might be saved (3), you will save (3), has cured (2), having saved (2), I might save (2), I will be cured (2), saved (2), there would have been saved (2), they might be saved (2), we will be saved (2), you will be saved (2), Be saved (1), has been healed (1), has saved (1), he will be saved (1), he will get well (1), I might be saved (1), is saved (1), let him save (1), save us (1), saving (1), shall save (1), she might be cured (1), she will be restored (1), she will be saved (1), they should be saved (1), to be healed (1), was cured (1), was healed (1), we were saved (1), were being saved (1), were healed (1), will bring safely (1), you are being saved (1).

Definition of save
saved; saving
transitive verb
1 a : to deliver from sin
b : to rescue or deliver from danger or harm
c : to preserve or guard from injury, destruction, or loss
d : to store (data) in a computer or on a storage device (such as a CD or flash drive) save a file Remember to save your work frequently.
2 a : to put aside as a store or reserve : accumulate saving money for emergencies
b : to spend less by save 25 percent
3 a : to make unnecessary : avoid it saves an hour's driving
b (1) : to keep from being lost to an opponent (2) : to prevent an opponent from scoring or winning
4 : maintain, preserve save appearances
From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/save

You do not see how you are contradicting yourself with the above comments in comparison to your earlier comment. If you are blind to your hypocrisy, I cannot open your eyes.
[QUOTE JudgeRightly;]
Why couldn't God do that which he wanted to do? Because God is good and just, and does not reward those who deserve punishment, and does not punish those who deserve reward.
[/QUOTE]

Still misunderstanding what I said, and it keeps causing you to think that I'm contradicting myself.

Try thinking outside your calvinist box for a moment and consider again what I said, within the context that I said it.