Jesus, Paul and the Law

God's Truth

The scripture is just as good then as it is now. You are always trying to delude God's word and make it fit your holiness doctrine.

That's what you don't get. You are not taking into account that the people had to do the purification works of the law or they were NOT a child of God and then were WITHOUT God in the world and separate from His promises.

You make it as if people could have faith and just be in with God, yet not obey Him is one of the most blinded remarks ever.

God's Truth

Hogwash!

I make plans and fulfill my plans every day. So does everybody else. You want to make the crown of God's creation some sort of a dumb robot.

You make God accept people who say they can't obey as being acceptable people. YOU SAY we can't obey and that it is fine with God. That is NOT freewill to say we can't obey! You are a Calvinist in disguise.

God's Truth

I said, "but you believe in free will" as an accusation that your free will does allow you to keep the law and be justified in doing so. Is your free will not powerful enough or not free enough?

God doesn't do what you say He does. Why would He search our hearts if He made all hearts corrupted? What is there to find in a corrupted heart?

Pate and Truster both confused and ensnared.

Robert Pate

Banned
You make God accept people who say they can't obey as being acceptable people. YOU SAY we can't obey and that it is fine with God. That is NOT freewill to say we can't obey! You are a Calvinist in disguise.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. After one accepts Christ as their savior they remain sinners. The Bible does not teach the eradication of sin after one is saved. What it does teach is that we are both sinners and saints. As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we will sin. See Romans 8:22, 23.

God's Truth

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. After one accepts Christ as their savior they remain sinners. The Bible does not teach the eradication of sin after one is saved. What it does teach is that we are both sinners and saints. As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we will sin. See Romans 8:22, 23.

You are teaching falseness. Jesus came to save repentant sinners.

That's why the Pharisees weren't saved, because they would not admit they were sinners and therefore not acknowledge their sins and repent of them.

God's Truth

You mean sinning animals and trees?

You are lost.

Robert Pate

Banned
You mean sinning animals and trees?

You are lost.

You are as bad as the Calvinist.

If you had faith in Christ you would not have to be holy. You would "Enter into his rest" Hebrews 4:10. You are not able to cease from your own works and your obedience from the law because that is part of your salvation. You don't really have faith in Christ and his Gospel. What you have faith in is your obedience to the law, which is yourself.

God's Truth

You are as bad as the Calvinist.

If you had faith in Christ you would not have to be holy. You would "Enter into his rest" Hebrews 4:10. You are not able to cease from your own works and your obedience from the law because that is part of your salvation. You don't really have faith in Christ and his Gospel. What you have faith in is your obedience to the law, which is yourself.

Cease from our own works and obedience? That is outrageous.

Do you know that we are told to obey many times.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

God's Truth

John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

There are so many more.

Robert Pate

Banned
Cease from our own works and obedience? That is outrageous.

Do you know that we are told to obey many times.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

The will of the Father is that you trust and believe in his Son Jesus Christ.

When you do that God will give you his Holy Spirit. Right now you are void of the Holy Spirit because you don't believe the Gospel. If you did believe the Gospel you would enter into his rest and cease from your own works and obedience to the law.

Christians don't live by rules, laws and religion, Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. You are not living by faith in Christ and his Gospel, you are living according to the law, just like the Pharisee that you are.

God's Truth

The will of the Father is that you trust and believe in his Son Jesus Christ.

When you do that God will give you his Holy Spirit. Right now you are void of the Holy Spirit because you don't believe the Gospel. If you did believe the Gospel you would enter into his rest and cease from your own works and obedience to the law.

Christians don't live by rules, laws and religion, Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. You are not living by faith in Christ and his Gospel, you are living according to the law, just like the Pharisee that you are.

Dead faith isn't saving faith. You are lost.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith.
The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. What insanity it is to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.
Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

Robert Pate

Banned
Dead faith isn't saving faith. You are lost.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith.
The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. What insanity it is to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.
Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

You are NOT obeying Jesus. Jesus told the rich young ruler to go sell all that he had and give it to the poor. This has to do with loving your neighbor as yourself. Why is it that you are not a missionary in Africa? If you loved God with all of your heart you would be in full time service as a missionary.

You are not really trusting or relying upon Christ to save you from your sins because you don't think that you have any sins.

God's Truth

You are NOT obeying Jesus. Jesus told the rich young ruler to go sell all that he had and give it to the poor. This has to do with loving your neighbor as yourself. Why is it that you are not a missionary in Africa? If you loved God with all of your heart you would be in full time service as a missionary.

You are not really trusting or relying upon Christ to save you from your sins because you don't think that you have any sins.

You copy and paste the same mistakes as always.

You don't have the heart and the time for God.

Jesus doesn't tell everyone to be traveling ministers.

No one has to be a traveling minister anymore.

What we have is Pate, a person who goes against obeying Jesus and everyone else who preaches obedience.

Pate is ensnared to do the devil's will, and it is to preach against obeying God.

Who else but the devil would want to stop people from obeying God?

God's Truth

Who does what Pate does?

Jesus says to do what he says to do, humble yourself, repent of your sins, forgive others, train yourselves, work it out...

Pate says no, we cannot obey Jesus, don't do it, you can't do it.

One can now see who is entrapped by the devil to speak against obedience to God's Word.

Robert Pate

Banned
Who does what Pate does?

Jesus says to do what he says to do, humble yourself, repent of your sins, forgive others, train yourselves, work it out...

Pate says no, we cannot obey Jesus, don't do it, you can't do it.

One can now see who is entrapped by the devil to speak against obedience to God's Word.

You don't understand. You will never be able to live the Christian life until you are free from the law. Simply because the law will cause you to sin.

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law SIN WAS DEAD" Romans 7:8.

The more you try to be holy, the more you will sin. You need to be dead to the law.

"For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came SIN REVIVED, and I died, Romans 7:9.

"And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death" Romans 7:10.

This is why religion is full of sin. This is why holiness theology does not work.