Jesus, Paul and the Law

God's Truth

That's ridiculous. There is only one law, it is called "God's Law" it covers every facet of one's life.

You need to explain why you want to go against the one law of believe and obey God.
It is one unit and not different categories. James said that if you fail in one part of the law you have failed the whole thing, James 2:10.
I have explained this to you many times.
You misunderstand James, but you are so ensnared by Satan that you won't speak about it further.

Your problem is that you have never come to Christ to be saved by him, instead you are trying to be good enough by obeying the law.
You are merely saying the same learned falseness as always.

God's Truth

Robert Pate brought up James.
Pate never ever has discussed this deeply with me besides saying the same evil ensnared mess as he always does.
You are ensnared Pate.

The royal law of love your neighbor is only accomplished by obeying the whole law.

If you do not obey and you steal from your neighbor is that love?

Let's start with the 'do not steal' command.

Answer the question deaf dumb and blind man; can you steal and still love your neighbor?

God's Truth

Right.
James did not separate the law into sections.

Not to mention that Jesus Himself said He did not come to do away with the law, not one jot or title of it.
So His coming to be a sacrifice did not do away with any part of the law at all.

Good grief.

Robert Pate

Banned
Right.
James did not separate the law into sections.

Not to mention that Jesus Himself said He did not come to do away with the law, not one jot or title of it.
So His coming to be a sacrifice did not do away with any part of the law at all.

The Bible plainly teaches that for the Christian the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Romans 10:4, 2 Corinthians 3:13.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. "There is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

There is no judgment and condemnation because there is no law.

MennoSota

No, it is not.

It is about not stealing and killing and commuting adultery with you neighbor is how you love your neighbor.
You stated that a person must keep "all" the law. Joshua states that Israel could not and would not do so (despite their claim that they would). Therefore it is impossible to keep the entire law. No person can be so self-righteous that they can enter heaven by their own merit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible plainly teaches that for the Christian the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, Romans 10:4, 2 Corinthians 3:13.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. "There is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

If the law was done away with (which Jesus specifically says He did not come to do), then there is no law to judge anyone.

Robert Pate

Banned
If the law was done away with (which Jesus specifically says He did not come to do), then there is no law to judge anyone.

Do you believe the Bible?

Those that are living by laws rules and religion like GT will be judged by the law and condemned.

The just (justified) do not live by laws, rules and religion. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Hebrews 10:38. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

The law is not of faith and cannot justify or save. Those that live by laws, rules and religion are under a curse, Galatians 3:10. They are under a curse because they don't have faith in Christ or his Gospel.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the law".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe he is saying it is for the believers done away with.

that's what he has been saying.

I have a good reading comprehension;).
"for believers" is not the same as the law being done away with.
It the law has been done away with, then it can no longer judge anyone.

God's Truth

There is no condemnation for those who walk according to the Spirit. That means there is no condemnation for those who obey Jesus' words which are Spirit.

God's Truth

You stated that a person must keep "all" the law.

Quote me exactly what I said.
Since you don't think you have to obey all, what would you think is acceptable to not do?

Joshua states that Israel could not and would not do so (despite their claim that they would). Therefore it is impossible to keep the entire law.
There is scripture that says people obeyed blamelessly.
Don't you care about what the scriptures say?
No person can be so self-righteous that they can enter heaven by their own merit.

Their own merit? What does that mean? Jesus washes those who repent and believe his blood washes. What makes you think we don't have to obey?

God's Truth

Do you believe the Bible?

Those that are living by laws rules and religion like GT will be judged by the law and condemned.
I don't do the old law I do the new law.

The just (justified) do not live by laws, rules and religion. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Hebrews 10:38. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.
Do you think living by faith means just believe in Jesus but not obey?

The law is not of faith and cannot justify or save.
That is about circumcision and sacrificing animals, etc, the purification/ceremonial works of the law.

Those that live by laws, rules and religion are under a curse, Galatians 3:10. They are under a curse because they don't have faith in Christ or his Gospel.
That is about the purification works.
"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't I keep the law".

Jesus said that to them because they did not repent of their sins while they went around claiming they did Jesus' work of casting out demons.

MennoSota

Your false teaching is in quotes. Paul's rebuke to you is shared below your anathema.
Paul was speaking about those who were under the law and who did NOT HAVE FAITH.

The old law was not based on faith.
The works of the law that justified are the purification/ceremonial works.

That means we don't have to get circumcised it doesn't mean we don't have to obey.

Obeying Jesus, the Word of God saves. Doing the old justification works of the old law does not.
You need to explain why you want to go against the one law of believe and obey God.

I have explained this to you many times.
You misunderstand James, but you are so ensnared by Satan that you won't speak about it further.

You are merely saying the same learned falseness as always.
Robert Pate brought up James.
Pate never ever has discussed this deeply with me besides saying the same evil ensnared mess as he always does.
You are ensnared Pate.

The royal law of love your neighbor is only accomplished by obeying the whole law.

If you do not obey and you steal from your neighbor is that love?

Let's start with the 'do not steal' command.

Answer the question deaf dumb and blind man; can you steal and still love your neighbor?
Quote me exactly what I said.
Since you don't think you have to obey all, what would you think is acceptable to not do?

There is scripture that says people obeyed blamelessly.
Don't you care about what the scriptures say?

Their own merit? What does that mean? Jesus washes those who repent and believe his blood washes. What makes you think we don't have to obey?
Galatians 1:6-8,11-12
[6]I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News
[7]but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.
[8]Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.
[11]Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning.
[12]I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ.
Galatians 2:11-21
[11]But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.
[12]When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision.
[13]As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
[14]When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, “Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?
[15]“You and I are Jews by birth, not ‘sinners’ like the Gentiles.
[16]Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.”
[17]But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not!
[18]Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down.
[19]For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God.
[20]My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
[21]I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.
Galatians 3:1-3,11-14
[1]Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross.
[2]Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ.
[3]How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
[11]So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
[12]This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”
[13]But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”
[14]Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.
Galatians 5:1,3-10,12-14
[1]So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
[3]I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses.
[4]For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.
[5]But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us.
[6]For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.
[7]You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth?
[8]It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom.
[9]This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!
[10]I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.
[12]I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.
[13]For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
[14]For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

God's Truth

Your false teaching is in quotes. Paul's rebuke to you is shared below your anathema.Galatians 1:6-8,11-12
[6]I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News
[7]but is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.
[8]Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.
[11]Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning.
[12]I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ.
Galatians 2:11-21
[11]But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.
[12]When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision.
[13]As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.
[14]When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, “Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?
[15]“You and I are Jews by birth, not ‘sinners’ like the Gentiles.
[16]Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.”
[17]But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not!
[18]Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down.
[19]For when I tried to keep the law, it condemned me. So I died to the law—I stopped trying to meet all its requirements—so that I might live for God.
[20]My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
[21]I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.
Galatians 3:1-3,11-14
[1]Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross.
[2]Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ.
[3]How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
[11]So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”
[12]This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”
[13]But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”
[14]Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.
Galatians 5:1,3-10,12-14
[1]So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.
[3]I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses.
[4]For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.
[5]But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us.
[6]For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.
[7]You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth?
[8]It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom.
[9]This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!
[10]I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.
[12]I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.
[13]For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
[14]For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

How many times do you have to be told?
Paul was NOT rebuking the Galatians for obeying Jesus too much.
Paul was rebuking the Galatians for doing the old law's purification/ceremonial works.