JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Platitudes fool the foolish and fail the rest,
It's not a platitude.

[JESUS]“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.[/JESUS] - Matthew 7:7-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:7-12&version=NKJV

Danoh

What does 'legalism' mean to you?

Hey, GT, hope you are well.

And what does legalism mean to you?

To me it means dissimulation (hypocrisy , or a double standard).

It involves looking down one's nose at others.

In other words, on the one hand, the legalist judges him or herself and his or her pals according to a favorable standard.

At the same time, the legalist judges those people the legalist does not consider of his or her number, or group, according to a standard that looks down his or her nose at them.

Case in point (or an example of that) would be the following - a perfect example of what the hypocrisy of holding to the truth of the gospel of the grace of God, in hollow words only, looks like...

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

What is the legalist actually all about?

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

In contrast, the true gospeler of the grace of God's determined attitude is ever...

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Why?

In memory of Romans 5:6-8 - in each...our stead.

blackbirdking

Like saying, "I'm starving", then refusing to eat good food because you dislike the flavor; dishonesty to the core.

And, if knowing truth is boring to you, . . .
the idea of choosing a right religion is perfectly ridiculous.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Platitude founds language. They are rock solid truth, they just happen to be trivial. 'It is what it is.' 'Water's wet.' Duh. But's it's still true, and imperviously true at that.

God wants you to give to Him, what you think of Him, how you see Him. That's it. You just have to know which voice is His, to listen to.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Universal Reality.........

One Universal Reality.........

Nah-imma-stay a Christian, and stay away from your false teachings.

My view holds here :thumb:

Fear and exclusion is not the way, however love and inclusion can do wonders because at the heart of reality there is an indivisible love and wholeness. This is just the nature of the Creator and his Creation. I choose that path, and this path remains the Infinite Way. If you'd like to refer to this 'VIEW' as 'false teachings', you're welcome to that 'opinion'. However, all points of views, assumptions and conclusions, may be subject to 'change'. Truth will go on....being What IS.