Which one is correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee1 View Post
    There must be some standard or requirement, am sure God just don' t wily- nily and pick anyone so makes you any better than I if Jesus came tonight?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk
    There is a standard and all humanity misses the mark.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    God tells us that he chose whom he adopts from before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:4-5) God made his choice with no consultation from anyone. He doesn't reveal how he chose. He only reveals that humans are hopelessly corrupt and cannot do anything to merit God's forgiveness. How mad would you be if a murderer told a judge he was sorry and wouldn't kill again...and the judge just said..."okay, you're free to go"? There would be no justice.
    God did justly punish sin for those whom he chooses to pardon. That punishment fell upon Jesus who gave himself as a propitiation for those whom God gives faith.
    No one is better than any other person. God isn't measuring out the self-righteous and picking them. If that were the case, then the Pharisees were the best of the best.
    If Jesus came tonight, I could only fall at God’s feet and say "I do not merit your choice. I am at your mercy. Do with me as you deem right. May Jesus Christ be praised."

Comment

Originally posted by MennoSota View Post
      There is a standard and all humanity misses the mark.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      God tells us that he chose whom he adopts from before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:4-5) God made his choice with no consultation from anyone. He doesn't reveal how he chose. He only reveals that humans are hopelessly corrupt and cannot do anything to merit God's forgiveness. How mad would you be if a murderer told a judge he was sorry and wouldn't kill again...and the judge just said..."okay, you're free to go"? There would be no justice.
      God did justly punish sin for those whom he chooses to pardon. That punishment fell upon Jesus who gave himself as a propitiation for those whom God gives faith.
      No one is better than any other person. God isn't measuring out the self-righteous and picking them. If that were the case, then the Pharisees were the best of the best.
      If Jesus came tonight, I could only fall at God’s feet and say "I do not merit your choice. I am at your mercy. Do with me as you deem right. May Jesus Christ be praised."
      Touch`e

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke View Post
        no religion is the best religion.
        If you are saying that none of the existing religions can be considered to be the best religion, then you may be right.
        If you are saying that the best religion is a lack of any religion, then you are definitely wrong.
        Learn to read what is written.

_____
        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
          If one religion is right then the rest of them are wrong. How would you choose?
          Jesus tells you how to find out.

He says to get his teachings and obey them, and then you will know.

See John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
            Jesus tells you how to find out.

He says to get his teachings and obey them, and then you will know.

See John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.
            Says the legalist...

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
              Says the legalist...
              It is a shame to you to obey Jesus.

That is a bad thing to put out there.

Comment

Jesus came and gave his Last Will and Testament; which is also the Covenant because, yet though he died, he has risen and ascended.

Wills and Covenants have to be followed exactly.

Don't put down doing what the Testator and Covenant Maker says.

Comment

Jesus came and gave his Last Will and Testament; which is also the Covenant because, yet though he died, he has risen and ascended.

Wills and Covenants have to be followed exactly.

Don't put down doing what the Testator and Covenant Maker says.
                  More nonsense from the legalist.
                  It is a shame to you to obey Jesus.

That is a bad thing to put out there.
                  Says the legalist...

Comment

More nonsense from the legalist.Says the legalist...
                    Your mere opinion is no defense for the truth.

Now how about speak about Last Will and Testaments and Covenants?

You are still a young man and haven't made a Last Will and Testament yet?

You don't have anything to leave?

Go get more knowledge before you try to just tell me to shut up.

When you do make a Last Will and Testament, do you expect it to be followed exactly, or do you call that legalism?

Comment

Your mere opinion is no defense for the truth.

Now how about speak about Last Will and Testaments and Covenants?

You are still a young man and haven't made a Last Will and Testament yet?

You don't have anything to leave?
                      Says the one giving her opinion on an internet forum...

Go get more knowledge before you try to just tell me to shut up.
                      Someone's cranky today.

When you do make a Last Will and Testament, do you expect it to be followed exactly, or do you call that legalism?
                      God expected that those that He addressed it to would follow it to the letter. But when the circumstances changed and they were no longer eligible for the things in it, God cut them off, and grafted in the Gentiles.

Why that's so hard for you to understand is beyond me... Then again, you are a legalist, so...

Comment

Says the one giving her opinion on an internet forum...

Someone's cranky today.

God expected that those that He addressed it to would follow it to the letter. But when the circumstances changed and they were no longer eligible for the things in it, God cut them off, and grafted in the Gentiles.

Why that's so hard for you to understand is beyond me... Then again, you are a legalist, so...
                        You are cranky and wrong.

Comment

You are cranky and wrong.
                          Says the legalist...

I'm just over here having a grand ol' time making fun of the legalist.

Comment

Says the legalist...

I'm just over here having a grand ol' time making fun of the legalist.
                            You are the one who should have been banned, if anyone.

Comment

You are the one who should have been banned, if anyone.
                              Says the legalist.

Comment

Says the legalist.
                                What does 'legalism' mean to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X