Religion

6days

Denominations have added things made up by man to the way that Jesus taught changing the way to suit man.
Yes... some denominations seem to teach that they are the only source of truth... that modern writings are equal to scripture...they reject the bodily resurrection of Jesus. Some denominations teach that Christ was not the Messiah until later in life even though God's Word tells us "because there was born to you today a savior, who is Christ the Lord." There is MANY false doctrines taught in some denominations that contradict Scripture.

On the other hand though... there are many denominations who do teach the Gospel. Good pastors often teach that people are to always weigh what is taught from the pulpit, against God's Word.
God's Word is ALWAYS the absolute source of truth... never church doctrine.

beameup

On the other hand though... there are many denominations who do teach the Gospel. Good pastors often teach that people are to always weigh what is taught from the pulpit, against God's Word.
God's Word is ALWAYS the absolute source of truth... never church doctrine.

There are contradictions between what is taught in the 4 Gospels and what Paul teaches.
I've found only one way to reconcile those contradictions. Unfortunately, most Christian
churches overlook the obvious contradictions and just "gloss over" them.
I was blessed (or cursed) with a photographic memory and abandon my church attendance
for decades until I stumbled upon the key to "rightly dividing".

Zeke

No the correct divide 2Cor 3:6 does away with traditional dead age letter worship of a flesh and blood sacrifice Gal 4:1, that was never more than a shadow:duh: Hebrews 9:8-9, Psalms 40:6 of the spiritual one that happens in those being woke up by sufferings tried in the spiritual furnace. No free pass everyone fulfills the generations of Adam 1Cor 15:44-45 , to the last dregs, then the cup/temple of God is spirituality cleansed 1Cor 3:16, no they don't, their spiritually straddling the OT wall with dead letter theology mixing it with NT life giving spirit they mock with historic zealotry that perverts the inward fulfillment Rev 13:8, Romans 2:28-29.
The historic flesh and blood ritual does nothing but prevent progression Hebrews 6:1-5, Gal 4:24 2Cor 5:16, Psalms 78:2, Proverbs 1:6, Luke 17:21 and all those other new age pagan verses that Zeke always post:shocked:.

Ephesians 5:14! To many dead stones to stumble over in traditions theology that built institutions made with hands while spiritually dead Genesis 2:21:rip:.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Zeke,

It is too difficult for me to read your post, but is it for me to read? It is not addressed to me, but I had replied or responded to your post. What I want to know is if you are no longer a pagan. You have indicated that this is true, that this is the case.

Tnkrbl123!

I am prepared, we are prepared through Christ by the Holy Spirit, and no, that isn't only a promise for the disciples at that time, it's for all those who have true faith, truly follow Jesus and live by the will of God. If the Spirit is within our hearts then God will give us a mouth to speak.

I've spoken to many atheists and theists of different denominations, I don't prepare anything to say. But it all comes to my memory when I start talking. We should read the Bible, and trust in God and live right before him, and he will give us what to say.

If we love God with all our hearts our minds our soul and our strength, trust in him completely and be ready to do his will, and be there for others, then he will fill our mouths.

And to always be ready to give an answer, is to read the scriptures, turn from doing wrong, and have our minds and hearts on God and his ways always, and not putting God on a back burner and then putting our flesh first before him. If we do this, then we will be ready, because God will be first in our heart, mind and lives.

Exodus 4

And Moses said unto the LORD, O my LORD, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

I have complete faith in God.

Again, you missed the whole point. I was trying to help you understand what they were asking and you just cannot understand the point but that's ok.

But you should read that part of the Bible again because when the apostles were told the "Holy Spirit will give you the words to say when you need them" that was spoken to the APOSTLES for the specific time. NOT all scripture is written for us as individuals - in fact very little of it is and that is a huge mistake many people make. And if you are so naieve to believe that you do not need to prepare an answer ahead of time for when you are spreading the good news then I don't know what to tell you except that is very naieve and you are going to struggle. But you will find that out when the time comes and chalk it up to a learning experience I guess - good luck

marhig

Again, you missed the whole point. I was trying to help you understand what they were asking and you just cannot understand the point but that's ok.

But you should read that part of the Bible again because when the apostles were told the "Holy Spirit will give you the words to say when you need them" that was spoken to the APOSTLES for the specific time. NOT all scripture is written for us as individuals - in fact very little of it is and that is a huge mistake many people make. And if you are so naieve to believe that you do not need to prepare an answer ahead of time for when you are spreading the good news then I don't know what to tell you except that is very naieve and you are going to struggle. But you will find that out when the time comes and chalk it up to a learning experience I guess - good luck

And you're missing my point, God is an ever present help, I don't need to prepare anything. The only thing I do is read my Bible and God will bring to rememberance what I need, when I need it. I have complete faith in him and I know that the Spirit gives us what we need to speak when we need it, and I know because he's helped me when I've needed help. How can we know what others need to hear by preparing beforehand? Do you think the apostles and the disciples prepared before hand when they spoke? No, they had faith. They had faith and just opened their mouths and spoke what the the Spirit gave them to speak?

Acts 4

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance

Did they prepare for this? No, it was the work of God.

When Jesus sent the disciples out in Matthew 10, did he tell them to prepare before hand? No he told them to take nothing with them. He had faith, and he knew that God would give them what they needed, and we have to have that faith that Jesus had in him, in us.

God says, open your mouth and I will fill it.

Psalm 81

I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

How do we know what the people need to hear? How can we prepare beforehand, we don't know what's in their hearts. God does, and he knows what others need to hear, his people are just his mouthpiece and we are always to be ready to do his will.

As I said, God said to Moses, who gave you your mouth. And God will give us a mouth also, if we have faith in him and live by his will.

Our tongue should be as a pen of a ready writer, and our ready writer is the living God! But we must have faith that he can do it, and give us a mouth to speak when needed, no preparation just faith. And I have complete faith in him.

And you are wrong regarding the scriptures, the scriptures are for all of us, not just for those who heard them at that time, that we may be thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And you're missing my point, God is an ever present help, I don't need to prepare anything. The only thing I do is read my Bible and God will bring to rememberance what I need, when I need it. I have complete faith in him and I know that the Spirit gives us what we need to speak when we need it, and I know because he's helped me when I've needed help. How can we know what others need to hear by preparing beforehand? Do you think the apostles and the disciples prepared before hand when they spoke? No, they had faith. They had faith and just opened their mouths and spoke what the the Spirit gave them to speak?

Acts 4

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance

Did they prepare for this? No, it was the work of God.

When Jesus sent the disciples out in Matthew 10, did he tell them to prepare before hand? No he told them to take nothing with them. He had faith, and he knew that God would give them what they needed, and we have to have that faith that Jesus had in him, in us.

God says, open your mouth and I will fill it.

Psalm 81

I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

How do we know what the people need to hear? How can we prepare beforehand, we don't know what's in their hearts. God does, and he knows what others need to hear, his people are just his mouthpiece and we are always to be ready to do his will.

As I said, God said to Moses, who gave you your mouth. And God will give us a mouth also, if we have faith in him and live by his will.

Our tongue should be as a pen of a ready writer, and our ready writer is the living God! But we must have faith that he can do it, and give us a mouth to speak when needed, no preparation just faith. And I have complete faith in him.

And you are wrong regarding the scriptures, the scriptures are for all of us, not just for those who heard them at that time, that we may be thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 3

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I said
That is pretty good.

beameup

God's Word has NO contradictions.
That's correct, but that is a separate issue from the one I posted. Perhaps you "glossed-over" my statement (you did delete most of my statement).

Apparently you are of Replacement Theology, where "Jesus' gospel" is exactly the same as "Paul's gospel", and there are no "contradictions" between the two.

6days

That's correct, but that is a separate issue from the one I posted. Perhaps you "glossed-over" my statement (you did delete most of my statement).

Apparently you are of Replacement Theology, where "Jesus' gospel" is exactly the same as "Paul's gospel", and there are no "contradictions" between the two.
There are no contradictions in God's Word.

beameup

There are no contradictions in God's Word.

That's correct, but that is a separate issue from the one I posted. Perhaps you "glossed-over" my statement (you did delete most of my statement). Do you usually have reading comprehension problems?

6days

The Gospel relies on the entirety of Scripture. For example, the physical death of Jesus becomes meaningless without the context of the Old Testament. To understand the Gospel, we can't isolate certain books, or certain authors. There are no contradictions in God's Word. Leviticus is consistent with Acts which is consistent with the Words of Jesus, which is consistent the Words of Timothy, which is consistent with Isaiah, which is consistent with Romans, ..... you get the idea.

beameup

The Gospel relies on the entirety of Scripture. For example, the physical death of Jesus becomes meaningless without the context of the Old Testament. To understand the Gospel, we can't isolate certain books, or certain authors. There are no contradictions in God's Word. Leviticus is consistent with Acts which is consistent with the Words of Jesus, which is consistent the Words of Timothy, which is consistent with Isaiah, which is consistent with Romans, ..... you get the idea.

Sorry, I don't "get the idea". I clearly see incongruities between Jesus "message" and Paul's "message".
There are obvious contradictions between the "gospel" in the Four Gospels and the "gospel" in Paul's Epistles.
I would assume that you would take all of Matthew ch.5-6 and apply it directly to yourself (for example).
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

Matthew 6:14-15

6days

Beammeup said:
There are obvious contradictions between the "gospel" in the Four Gospels and the "gospel" in Paul's Epistles.
The only contradiction I'm seeing right now is in your own words. I see no contradictions in God's Word. I think you are suggesting that either the 4 Gospels are not God's Word...or the books written by Paul are not?

Reactions: Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The only contradiction I'm seeing right now is in your own words. I see no contradictions in God's Word. I think you are suggesting that either the 4 Gospels are not God's Word...or the books written by Paul are not?

Sounds like beameup missed the plot twist...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

beameup

"Leviticus is consistent with Acts which is consistent with the Words of Jesus, which is consistent the Words of Timothy, which is consistent with Isaiah, which is consistent with Romans"

"consistent"?
The topic is the GOSPEL. According to you, the entire Bible presents the "GOSPEL". If that is the case, then why would God even bother writing such repetition of the "GOSPEL"? If God's intention was to save people, then the words of Jesus should have been the "final authority".

And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched - Mark 9:45

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"consistent"?
The topic is the GOSPEL. According to you, the entire Bible presents the "GOSPEL". If that is the case, then why would God even bother writing such repetition of the "GOSPEL"? If God's intention was to save people, then the words of Jesus should have been the "final authority".
Yep. Definitely missed the plot twist.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are only contradictions to those that hold that there are no differences in the gospel Paul was appointed to teach, and the gospel that was preached before that.
There are certainly some similarities, but it is the differences that separate them.

6days

"consistent"
Yes... God's Word is always consistent.
The topic is the GOSPEL. According to you, the entire Bible presents the "GOSPEL".
The entire Bible is part of the Gospel. For example, the physical death of Jesus would make no sense without the Torah.
If that is the case, then why would God even bother writing such repetition of the "GOSPEL"?
Part of the answer is that the hard of learning sometimes need repetition.
If God's intention was to save people
If it wasn't His intention, He wouldn't have bothered with the cross.
then the words of Jesus should have been the "final authority".
Jesus quoted Scripture as His source of absolute Truth. God gave us the entirety of Scripture as our final authority.