Religion

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni (Second) both evening and morning, Aviv 24. It is night. Omer 9.

Religion

There are different Christian Religions
There are different Christian Denominations
There are different Religions of the World

Is Judaism a Faith or a Religion?

In the United States of America we have Judaism and Christianity.

I am a Jew, of Israel. I am not to study false religions, entertaining false gods and or false deities. We have one God, the true God.

I worship the one true God, the God of Israel.

Are you permitted to study the Torah? The study of Scripture is a worthy endeavor and task. Not everyone feels that they can, or has, the means to do so. I encourage you if you can to do so. Some have proven that they can. Others simply want to and may. To read and learn from scripture does not have to be only for scribes and kings. However, you may need a good teacher, a Rabbi or a Christian teacher. What you can do on your own will be invaluable to you.

Do you have any questions about Torah, the TaNaK, Judaism, or Christianity? Do you have any questions about how to live your life or what you should know? Have you believed the truth, God's Word, even the Gospel?

Shalom. God's Peace to you.

יעקב (Ya'aqov, Ya'akov, Jacob)

Bradley D

Religion can be seen in the believers actions.

"If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world" (James 1:26-27).

beameup

Shalom.
There are different Christian Religions
There are different Christian Denominations
Jacob

There is only ONE Apostle for the Gentiles, appointed
by the risen Christ to instruct the Body of Christ in this Age of Grace.
Are you basing your Christian life upon the Epistles of Paul?

If all Christians strictly followed the doctrines laid out by Paul,
there would be no "denominations".

marhig

There is only ONE Apostle for the Gentiles, appointed
by the risen Christ to instruct the Body of Christ in this Age of Grace.
Are you basing your Christian life upon the Epistles of Paul?

If all Christians strictly followed the doctrines laid out by Paul,
there would be no "denominations".
More like there would be no denominations if all Christians truly followed Jesus, and lived by the will of God, instead of adding to the gospel to make a denomination, made by man. Jesus is the way, and we should listen to the teachings of Jesus and all his apostles not just Paul!

beameup

More like there would be no denominations if all Christians truly followed Jesus, and lived by the will of God, instead of adding to the gospel to make a denomination, made by man. Jesus is the way, and we should listen to the teachings of Jesus and all his apostles not just Paul!

Using only Jesus' words, post exactly what "the gospel" is.

marhig

Using only Jesus' words, post exactly what "the gospel" is.
All Jesus's words are the gospel, the gospel was preached by Jesus and documented by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The gospel of Christ Jesus is the truth and Jesus bore witness to the truth, as did his apostles who followed him including Paul.

beameup

All Jesus's words are the gospel, the gospel was preached by Jesus and documented by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The gospel of Christ Jesus is the truth and Jesus bore witness to the truth, as did his apostles who followed him including Paul.
So, in other words, you don't know, can't find it, or it just isn't there.
You're just :blabla: :blabla:

marhig

So, in other words, you don't know, can't find it, or it just isn't there.
You're just :blabla: :blabla:
No, all Christ's words are the gospel, it's called the gospel of God, and God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself. And Jesus only spoke what the father gave him to speak.

Mark 1

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Everything Jesus preached is the gospel of God!

beameup

No, all Christ's words are the gospel, it's called the gospel of God, and God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself. And Jesus only spoke what the father gave him to speak.

Mark 1

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Everything Jesus preached is the gospel of God!

Well, in that case, you should be able to quote Jesus words where he presents the "gospel".

marhig

Well, in that case, you should be able to quote Jesus words where he presents the "gospel".

Go read what Jesus preached in Matthew, Mark Luke and John. There's the gospel! And he presented the gospel when he said this.

Mark 1
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

And there's this

Mark 1

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

And then he sent out the apostles to preach the gospel that he delivered to them.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

6days

marhig said:
More like there would be no denominations if all Christians truly followed Jesus
All Christians do follow Jesus. Some people call themselves Christians but are not followers of Jesus.

The denomination has nothing to do with being a true follower of Jesus. Any organization that says following Jesus has anything to do with the name above the church door would have to be a cult.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Go read what Jesus preached in Matthew, Mark Luke and John. There's the gospel! And he presented the gospel when he said this.

Mark 1
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

And there's this

Mark 1

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

And then he sent out the apostles to preach the gospel that he delivered to them.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

excellent.

marhig

All Christians do follow Jesus. Some people call themselves Christians but are not followers of Jesus.

The denomination has nothing to do with being a true follower of Jesus. Any organization that says following Jesus has anything to do with the name above the church door would have to be a cult.

So then not all Christians do follow Jesus, as you say that there are some that call themselves Christians and they are not followers of Jesus.

All followers of Jesus believe and obey the gospel of God that he preached and live by the will of God, truly following him. Denominations have added things made up by man to the way that Jesus taught changing the way to suit man.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, not any certain denomination! They argue and fight with one another about who is right and who is wrong. There is only one that is right and that's Jesus, and his new and living way is the only way we follow as he taught in the Bible!

marhig

So, Jesus himself never articulated "the gospel" within the four "gospels".

Exactly what do you have to do to "follow Jesus"... please elaborate, articulate and enumerate.

Jesus preached the gospel! His words are the gospel! Don't you even believe that?

And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will.

beameup

Jesus preached the gospel! His words are the gospel! Don't you even believe that?

And to follow Jesus, I am to believe in him and listen to what he taught, obey the gospel, and live by the word of God and do his will, through faith, by the grace of God. And God strengthens those who truly follow him and live by his will.

So, if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you? Matthew 5:30

PS: I still don't see any elaboration from you or quotes of Jesus concerning "following him" and "living by his will".

marhig

So, if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you? Matthew 5:30

PS: I still don't see any elaboration from you or quotes of Jesus concerning "following him" and "living by his will".

Yes I do, do you even know what that means? Many of Jesus disciples will have sinned even when following him, do you think they went around cutting their hands off?

beameup

Yes I do, do you even know what that means? Many of Jesus disciples will have sinned even when following him, do you think they went around cutting their hands off?

I still don't see you presenting "the gospel" from Jesus' own words.
Is it just a "figment of your imagination"??

“If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you"

marhig

I still don't see you presenting "the gospel" from Jesus' own words.
Is it just a "figment of your imagination"??
How can't you see that Jesus's words is the gospel? it's the gospel of God. Jesus preached the gospel and lived it out, showing us a new and living way. How can you not see that?

And do you know what Jesus means by if your right eye offends you pluck it out?

popsthebuilder

It is a reference to the turning from and cutting away of the sins of the flesh; circumcision of the heart.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk