Works Done Inside Yourself, And Outside Yourself

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Works-Inside And Outside

I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
(NKJ)
Matt 25:41-46
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Matt 25:1-12
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
1 Cor 13:1-2
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

xxx You need lots of works inside crucifying your emotions. You need works outside loving others and helping them. If you have no works you have a blind faith, a useless faith. Jesus condemns those who have faith without works.

I Jn 3:17-19
17 But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
(NKJ)

Matt 7:24-27
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 "Now everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are many things that you must do before God will do anything through you.

[Gal 5:1, 26
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. ...
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
[2Ti 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
[Jas 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
[Jas 4:10
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
[1Pe 5:6
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

GeoffW

There are many things that you must do before God will do anything through you.

[Gal 5:1, 26
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. ...
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
[2Ti 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
[Jas 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
[Jas 4:10
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
[1Pe 5:6
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Man can do nothing of himself that is pleasing before God. He hasn't the capacity for goodness without the grace of God upon him.

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Unless, that is, you are not talking proving ourselves before God in order that he work in us?

Geoff.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Man can do nothing of himself that is pleasing before God. He hasn't the capacity for goodness without the grace of God upon him.

Luk 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Unless, that is, you are not talking proving ourselves before God in order that he work in us?

Geoff.

I said
You haven't come to the revelations of Jesus Christ yet.

A GOOD MAN IS IN THE SPIRIT

Matt 19:16-17
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?"
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
Rom 3:9-12
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside; they have together become unprofitable; there is none who does good, no, not one."
John 3:3-7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
Matt 6:19-24
19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;
20 "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 "The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.
23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Matt 12:33
33 "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
Rom 1:3-6
3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.
5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9-14
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors-- not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Rom 8:16-17
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs-- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
Acts 11:22-24
22 Then news of these things came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent out Barnabas to go as far as Antioch.
23 When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord.
24 For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.
(NKJ)
xxxx At face value no one is good but God.. When they asked Jesus He said "Why do you call Me good? He knew they were judging Him at face value. He wanted them to question so He could explain the difference between being in the flesh and being in the Spirit. Jesus knew He was in the Spirit but He also knew they were not. To get in the Spirit they would have to bring every thought in their minds to the obedience of the new testament, and crucify their flesh(emotions and feelings). Those who walk according to the flesh are listening to their emotions and feelings. Those who are walking according to the Spirit are listening to the verses.

Matt 12:35-37
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Tnkrbl123!

Geoff.

Beautifully said. Thanks for the reminder that Jesus has done it ALL and I am eternally greatful and will forever sing His praises

GeoffW

I said
You haven't come to the revelations of Jesus Christ yet.

A GOOD MAN IS IN THE SPIRIT

xxxx At face value no one is good but God.. When they asked Jesus He said "Why do you call Me good? He knew they were judging Him at face value. He wanted them to question so He could explain the difference between being in the flesh and being in the Spirit. Jesus knew He was in the Spirit but He also knew they were not. To get in the Spirit they would have to bring every thought in their minds to the obedience of the new testament, and crucify their flesh(emotions and feelings). Those who walk according to the flesh are listening to their emotions and feelings. Those who are walking according to the Spirit are listening to the verses.

Concerning the topic at hand you quoted some very pertinent verses, no doubt, but you miss the point underpinning all of them.
Man in and of himself cannot produce anything pleasing before God without that God first give him the capacity.

You say: "To get in the Spirit they would have to bring every thought in their minds to the obedience of the new testament, and crucify their flesh(emotions and feelings)."

None of that is possible without the Spirit. If you can do those things without the Spirit what on earth would you need it for?

Geoff.

GeoffW

Beautifully said. Thanks for the reminder that Jesus has done it ALL and I am eternally greatful and will forever sing His praises

Thanks Tnkrbl123!, but I'm not sure that we are on the same page.
If you had said: "God, by the spirit of Christ working in us, 'does' it all", I would have been greatly pleased.
Would you affirm that statement?

Geoff.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Concerning the topic at hand you quoted some very pertinent verses, no doubt, but you miss the point underpinning all of them.
Man in and of himself cannot produce anything pleasing before God without that God first give him the capacity.

You say: "To get in the Spirit they would have to bring every thought in their minds to the obedience of the new testament, and crucify their flesh(emotions and feelings)."

None of that is possible without the Spirit. If you can do those things without the Spirit what on earth would you need it for?

Geoff.

I said
I agree.

GeoffW

I said
Not so. Jesus made the Way. But we still have to walk it. By obeying Jesus' commandments.

Okay. Just so I can clearly understand your point of view.
Can we walk in the way, obeying Jesus' commands, while we are yet 'in the flesh'?
Or, is it that he enables us to walk in his commands by, as Paul puts it, "Christ in you, the hope of glory"? (Col. 1:27)
My position is that he first calls us and enables us by the Spirit into good works, rather than what so many believe, we enable him to give us the Spirit because we first seek him and demonstrate our sincerity by good works.

Geoff.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Can we walk in the way, obeying Jesus' commands, while we are yet 'in the flesh'?
Or, is it that he enables us to walk in his commands by, as Paul puts it, "Christ in you, the hope of glory"? (Col. 1:27)
My position is that he first calls us and enables us by the Spirit into good works, rather than what so many believe, we enable him to give us the Spirit because we first seek him and demonstrate our sincerity by good works.

Geoff.

I said
No one can please God in the flesh. The only way to please God is in the Spirit. One can only be in the Spirit if their making a decision from the verses the Holy Spirit gives them. The only one who can reveal to you whether its your guardian angle or the devil speaking to you. It the Holy Spirit with a verse.

[Rom 8:1-2, 5-8
1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. ...
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those [who live] according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded [is] death, but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Geoff.

I said
Find the Holy Spirit within you and learn from Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are false gods, false holy spirits, false christs. So we really need to know who is real and who is not.