2 Cor 4.4 (Jesus, The God of this age!)

way 2 go

Deceiving the nations doesn't necessarily equate to "blinding" unbelievers.
sure it does , evolution is deception & blinds people to the truth

Blinding unbelievers would be closer to how God hardens the heart of those who already have a hard heart. Which is God's work. Just as it was prophesied He would do with the Jews. Satan wasn't really given credit for blinding the Jews, right?

I do not see "god of this age" as one of God's titles
also notice god & God
no version I have found uses a capitol G in "god of this age"

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.
Joh 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,
1Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
2Co 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Contrary to popular modern belief, ‘The God of this age’, (ho Theos tou aiōnos toutou), actually pertains to Jesus Christ and NOT Satan, and provides yet another potent scriptural proof for Jesus’ deity.
:doh:

That's one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The god of this world is the prince of the power of the air!

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Here's the passage you referenced.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

It's Satan blinding and corrupting minds and his ministers!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

...Those who oppose themselves (believe not) are caught in the snare of the devil (not of Jesus Christ as you would like it all to mean) and taken captive by him (the devil) at his will (and as we can see from 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 that because of their believing not our gospel)

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Apple7

:doh:

That's one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The god of this world is the prince of the power of the air!

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Your very own quote tells you that it was PAST time....not present.

Here's the passage you referenced.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

It's Satan blinding and corrupting minds and his ministers!

Nope.

Satan is NEVER referred to as Theos.

Satan is bound.....he has no authority here...

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

The context of 2 Cor 11 informs the reader that Satan is not present himself in the world, but, instead, his presentment is in his demons as detailed in the context of 2 Cor 11.12 – 15.

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

...Those who oppose themselves (believe not) are caught in the snare of the devil (not of Jesus Christ as you would like it all to mean) and taken captive by him (the devil) at his will (and as we can see from 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 that because of their believing not our gospel)

The 'Devil's snare' is what has already occurred to Satan at The Cross...i.e. he was judged at that point, according to scripture.

If you look at the five Greek locations of this word (and its inflections), you can easily see that this has everything to do will falling into the trap of being Judged, of which, Satan has already been.

This passage is a predicament of Judgment....NOT a declaration of Satan's authority.

Apple7

also notice god & God

None show their exegetical reasoning, either...

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.

The Ruler of the World will be cast out ‘ekblēthēsetai’ (future tense) when Jesus is crucified upon The Cross. John 12.31 – 33

Joh 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,

Ruler....NOT Theos.

1Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

1 John 5.18 – 19

οιδαμεν οτι πας ο γεγεννημενος εκ του θεου ουχ αμαρτανει αλλ ο γεννηθεις εκ του θεου τηρει αυτον και ο πονηρος ουχ απτεται αυτου
οιδαμεν οτι εκ του θεου εσμεν και ο κοσμος ολος εν τω πονηρω κειται

Oidamen hoti pas ho gegennēmenos ek tou Theou ouch hamartanei all' ho gennētheis ek tou Theou tērei auton kai ho ponēros ouch haptetai autou oidamen hoti ek tou Theou esmen kai ho kosmos holos en tō ponērō keitai

We know that everyone being born from God does not sin, but The One having been born from God guards him, and The Evil One does not touch him. We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of The Evil One.

This passage, in 1 John 5, informs the reader that Satan (the Evil One) cannot do anything to the people of God.

Juxtaposed to this very succinct proclamation of The Devil’s impotence, is the assertion that the entire world is subjected to his ‘power’ (i.e. demons, as proclaimed throughout scripture).

Clearly, Satan is bound….but his demons are not.

Simple Biblical truth.

2Co 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

No mention of Satan in that passage or the entire chapter for that matter...

Apple7

No, nope, and nah, and...

You're off by a country mile, and then some.

Not likely, but let's have a gander at what you can contribute...

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

From darkness to light - in other words, from the power of Satan unto God.

Power of Satan?

His will for all.

The 'Power of Satan' refers to his demons....NOT Satan himself.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Where you went wrong is two-fold.

You failed to seek out not only all similar themes, but similar words possibly related to this issue.

The Greek ALONE will NOT cut it.

The 'Devil's snare' is what has already occurred to Satan at The Cross...i.e. he was judged at that point, according to scripture.

If you look at the five Greek locations of this word (and its inflections), you can easily see that this has everything to do will falling into the trap of being Judged, of which, Satan has already been.

This passage is a predicament of Judgment....NOT a declaration of Satan's authority.

In Scripture, words like Lord, and lord, and God and god, and Prince and prince, and power and powers, and rulers and principalities and light and darkness, and so on, all center around closely related themes that help shed light on any one word, phrase, passage or passages, or theme, or themes, then turning to the Greek or what have one, alone can ever hope to thoroughly bring out.

Just as it is fool's gold to go either by "well, this, that, the other, makes/does not make sense to me..."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

and.....?

Here, take a gander at the god / lord / prince / power of (the course of) this (fallen) world (system), Eph. 2:2.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 4:7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Satan was bound AT The Cross.

What good is showing scripture BEFORE The Cross?

Apple7

this is future.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
Rev 19:21 And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.
Rev 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain.
Rev 20:2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

The Dragon, The Old Serpent, The Devil, Satan was bound ‘edēsen’ (completed action), cast into the abyss ‘ebalen’ (completed action), shut ‘ekleisen’ (completed action), and sealed ‘esphragisen’ (completed action), that he can no longer deceive people‘planēsē’(singular, completed action), by Jesus. Rev 20.1 – 3

in the meantime.

1Pe_5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Peter 5.8

νηψατε γρηγορησατε ο αντιδικος υμων διαβολος ως λεων ωρυομενος περιπατει ζητων καταπιειν

nēpsate grēgorēsate ho antidikos hymōn diabolos hōs leōn ōryomenos peripatei zētōn tina katapiein

Be sober-minded, watch, the adversary devil of you walks about in the same manner as a roaring lion seeking whom to devour;

This passage does not refer to ‘The Devil’ himself, for several reasons:

• ‘Diabolos’ is anarthrous (i.e. it lacks a preceding Greek definite article). Thus, rather than referring to ‘The Devil’ it refers to ‘A devil’, a demon – of which, the NT often refers to demons as devils.

• ‘Ho antidikos’ (the adversary) is used in only one other NT passage, Mat 5.25, and is in the context of being thrown into prison.

• The key word ‘hōs’ literally means ‘in the same manner as’, and is used to describe demons in Revelation, ‘in the same manner as’ a lion (Rev 9.8).

Apple7

john told us what he SAW in his vision of the FUTURE .

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,
Rev 1:2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.

Keep reading...

Write therefore what things you saw(PAST), and what things are(PRESENT), and what things are about to occur after these things(FUTURE). (Rev 1.19)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV - In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Jesus is not the god of this world.

Who is the ruler of this world in the following verses?

John 12:31 NKJV - "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
John 14:30 NKJV - "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
John 16:11 NKJV - "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

glorydaz

Your very own quote tells you that it was PAST time....not present.

Nope.

Satan is NEVER referred to as Theos.

Satan is bound.....he has no authority here...

The context of 2 Cor 11 informs the reader that Satan is not present himself in the world, but, instead, his presentment is in his demons as detailed in the context of 2 Cor 11.12 – 15.

You've got some of our biggest guns coming after you, Apple. :chuckle: But, I still think you may be onto something. The Cross was a triumph over principalities and powers, and the resurrection is said to have destroyed him with the power of death (the devil). Not sure if that means now or not.

Col. 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.​

Hebrews 2:14
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

If we look at the verse in question in Youngs. "The good news of the glory of THE CHRIST, WHO IS THE IMAGE OF GOD." That seems to be speaking of the Jews who denied their Messiah. :idunno:

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 YLT
3 and if also our good news is vailed, in those perishing it is vailed, 4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

I can't help but notice what Paul said in the previous verse.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.​

way 2 go

The Dragon, The Old Serpent, The Devil, Satan was bound ‘edēsen’ (completed action), cast into the abyss ‘ebalen’ (completed action), shut ‘ekleisen’ (completed action), and sealed ‘esphragisen’ (completed action), that he can no longer deceive people‘planēsē’(singular, completed action), by Jesus. Rev 20.1 – 3
future event :duh:

Rev 20:3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

1 Peter 5.8

νηψατε γρηγορησατε ο αντιδικος υμων διαβολος ως λεων ωρυομενος περιπατει ζητων καταπιειν

nēpsate grēgorēsate ho antidikos hymōn diabolos hōs leōn ōryomenos peripatei zētōn tina katapiein

Be sober-minded, watch, the adversary devil of you walks about in the same manner as a roaring lion seeking whom to devour;

This passage does not refer to ‘The Devil’ himself, for several reasons:

• ‘Diabolos’ is anarthrous (i.e. it lacks a preceding Greek definite article). Thus, rather than referring to ‘The Devil’ it refers to ‘A devil’, a demon – of which, the NT often refers to demons as devils.

• ‘Ho antidikos’ (the adversary) is used in only one other NT passage, Mat 5.25, and is in the context of being thrown into prison.

• The key word ‘hōs’ literally means ‘in the same manner as’, and is used to describe demons in Revelation, ‘in the same manner as’ a lion (Rev 9.8).

G1228
diabolos
dee-ab'-ol-os
From G1225; a traducer; specifically Satan

Mat 4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.G1228

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil G1228

way 2 go

also notice god & God
None show their exegetical reasoning, either...

all you have is the word "blinded"

I do not see "god of this world" as one of God's titles.
it is used of the devil tho

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,
Joh_16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Ruler....NOT Theos.
so?
1Co_8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

Clearly, Satan is bound….but his demons are not.

Simple Biblical truth.

no and you have no evidence.

No mention of Satan in that passage or the entire chapter for that matter...
right here ,I underlined it for you

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world

Apple7

future event :duh:

A past event.

All Greek verbs are in the aorist (completed action).

The only thing that is continuing right now is the 1K period of time, after which, Satan is unleashed upon the world and it comes to an end rather quickly.

G1228
diabolos
dee-ab'-ol-os
From G1225; a traducer; specifically Satan

Mat 4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.G1228

An event that occurred BEFORE Satan was bound at The Cross.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil G1228

As already detailed, 'diabolos' is anarthrous in 1 Peter 5.8, and refers NOT to Satan, but to a demon...

Apple7

also notice god & God

Satan is never referred to as Theos in scripture...because he isn't.

Context proves this...

all you have is the word "blinded"

Talk to scripture if you disagree...

I do not see "god of this world" as one of God's titles.
it is used of the devil tho

Never of the devil.

Satan is NOT God.

Although, he may be to Satanists.

Are you a Satanist?

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,
Joh_16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Entirely different words.

Apple7

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV - In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Jesus is not the god of this world.

Yes, He is.

Who is the ruler of this world in the following verses?

John 12:31 NKJV - "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
John 14:30 NKJV - "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.
John 16:11 NKJV - "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

It WAS Satan.

But...he was bound at The Cross...and is no longer anything but impotent...until he is released in the last days.

Apple7

You've got some of our biggest guns coming after you, Apple. :chuckle: But, I still think you may be onto something. The Cross was a triumph over principalities and powers, and the resurrection is said to have destroyed him with the power of death (the devil). Not sure if that means now or not.

Col. 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.​

Hebrews 2:14
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

If we look at the verse in question in Youngs. "The good news of the glory of THE CHRIST, WHO IS THE IMAGE OF GOD." That seems to be speaking of the Jews who denied their Messiah. :idunno:

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 YLT
3 and if also our good news is vailed, in those perishing it is vailed, 4 in whom the god of this age did blind the minds of the unbelieving, that there doth not shine forth to them the enlightening of the good news of the glory of the Christ, who is the image of God;

I can't help but notice what Paul said in the previous verse.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.​

Great passages, indeed! :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, He is.

It WAS Satan.

But...he was bound at The Cross...and is no longer anything but impotent...until he is released in the last days.

Today is Revi'i, Fourth, Aviv 12, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

I do not know where you are getting your doctrine from. I have read and accept the Bible. It is God's Word. I do not know if it has or contains contradictions. I have discovered that what it says in one place may not be the same as what it says somewhere else.

Apple7

Today is Revi'i, Fourth, Aviv 12, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

I do not know where you are getting your doctrine from. I have read and accept the Bible. It is God's Word. I do not know if it has or contains contradictions. I have discovered that what it says in one place may not be the same as what it says somewhere else.

If you are not Trinitarian, then why do you quote passages from a Trinitarian English rendering?