Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So the question remains. Why do Christian flat earthers even discuss the science of it at all? It should be a case of "God said it, that's it."

They should rely on their brief observations and end any discussion there. All questions or challenges should be met with "I don't care" and/or "the bible says such and such." If they discuss the topic at all rationally or scientifically they are just exposing the scam of their own belief.

That would leave me to suppose that the best approach to any flat earther would be to ask if they believe the bible teaches a flat earth. At that point you can ignore them, or make fun of them, if they say they do.

Does that make sense?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So the question remains. Why do Christian flat earthers even discuss the science of it at all? It should be a case of "God said it, that's it."

They should rely on their brief observations and end any discussion there. All questions or challenges should be met with "I don't care" and/or "the bible says such and such." If they discuss the topic at all rationally or scientifically they are just exposing the scam of their own belief.

That would leave me to suppose that the best approach to any flat earther would be to ask if they believe the bible teaches a flat earth. At that point you can ignore them, or make fun of them, if they say they do.

Does that make sense?

They discuss the science of it because we have been created by, and in the likeness of, a rational God and so the idea that the existence in which we leave should make sense is intuitively felt by everyone, including Christians who have seemingly taken leave of their rational faculties.

In short, they discuss it because they want the things that they blindly believe to make sense. The fact that it's contradictory doesn't enter into it.

Or put another way, your observation is about what it would make sense for Christian flat-earthers to do. But Christian flat-earthers don't make any sense, so...

Clete

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Bible, Flat Earth and High Altitude Footage

5 minutes

Patrick, i know you just came back, but if you don't provide something substantive, I'm going to kick you from the thread.
And if you continue posting YouTube videos rather than contributing to the conversation in threads, I'm going to continue to give infractions.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So no videos allowed on TOL?
I didn't say that.

I said post something substantive. Linking to a YouTube video is not substantive. People are here on TOL to discuss ideas and beliefs with people, not watch conspiracy videos on YouTube.

If you would like to post a YouTube link, please provide a summary of which parts of the video you found to be compelling, and explain why here.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'll take a ban or an infraction for this because it's pretty solid in my opinion, even though I'm not as smart as the science experts here and about. This video shows real time footage @38,000 feet I believe. The pilot claims that he can see the most of the top ten peaks in the earth from a MINIMUM of 1,0000 miles away.

To be clear, the unassailable calculations clearly show that 1,000 miles away will be 126 miles BELOW the horizon or below the "curvature" that doesn't exist. In this video, if you pay attention for 5 excruciatingly long minutes, we see Mount Everest from a distance of 1,250 miles away, so even MORE than 126 miles below the curvature.

Can I find proof from even further away - visibility over 1,250 miles? Maybe, stay tuned.

So, if this is deleted and/or I receive an infraction it will be because this post and video shows too much irrefutable truth.

6 minutes

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'll take a ban or an infraction for this because it's pretty solid in my opinion, even though I'm not as smart as the science experts here and about. This video shows real time footage @38,000 feet I believe. The pilot claims that he can see the most of the top ten peaks in the earth from a MINIMUM of 1,0000 miles away.

To be clear, the unassailable calculations clearly show that 1,000 miles away will be 126 miles BELOW the horizon or below the "curvature" that doesn't exist. In this video, if you pay attention for 5 excruciatingly long minutes, we see Mount Everest from a distance of 1,250 miles away, so even MORE than 126 miles below the curvature.

Can I find proof from even further away - visibility over 1,250 miles? Maybe, stay tuned.

So, if this is deleted and/or I receive an infraction it will be because this post and video shows too much irrefutable truth.

If you get banned it'll be because you basically asked for it and explicitly violated what you've been repeatedly told not to do.

I wouldn't watch your idiotic video for all the tea in China. You're stupid if you think the Earth is flat. The proof is the fact that you think the Earth is flat. Now, go away or post something that isn't a waste of bandwidth and time.

Truster

If you get banned it'll be because you basically asked for it and explicitly violated what you've been repeatedly told not to do.

I wouldn't watch your idiotic video for all the tea in China. You're stupid if you think the Earth is flat. The proof is the fact that you think the Earth is flat. Now, go away or post something that isn't a waste of bandwidth and time.

The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rational thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rational thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.

There's no question that it is a modern day popular delusion but I was responding more to his asinine comment about being banned because his slober-mouthed stupidity in video form presented "too much irrefutable truth."

Truster

There's no question that it is a modern day popular delusion but I was responding more to his asinine comment about being banned because his slober-mouthed stupidity in video form presented "too much irrefutable truth."

The poor thing is manifesting behaviour that is gradually, but definitely more and more irrational. He expresses thoughts in public without thinking of the consequences to himself or others. I just hope that someone notices before he comes to any harm.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
View attachment 26804

Washington Square Park
I haven't gone fishing, I've been studying and preparing to do more evangelism.

This week end I was arguing with a very bright young man who is starting his career in neuroscience. I was making the case for the existence of the soul since he was studying how chemical reactions produce thoughts.

I used the rules of logic to show him how atheism is irrational.

Law of identity: particles are mindless

Mindless particles cannot produce it's antithesis.

A thing cannot both be mind and not mind.

Without the rules of rational thought I wouldn't do evangelism. Because of the rules of rational thought I became an open theist and a creationist.

Because I have always been an artist I can imagine and draw or paint just about anything. But not everything we can imagine is real or even possible. I can imagine both flat earth and our current model, just as I can imagine evolution and creation, but...

Rational thought is discarded when "everything is God"

Rational thought is discarded when "everything is nature"

Rational thought is discarded when "everything is moving or changing"

I have pointed out many of the contradictions in the heliocentric model that those in flat earth have demonstrated. The contradictions that I have seen is the reason I started this debate and still have an interest in it.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
I have pointed out many of the contradictions in the heliocentric model that those in flat earth have demonstrated. The contradictions that I have seen is the reason I started this debate and still have an interest in it.

--Dave
Hey Dave... you've not done a good job of being logical in this "debate". You've been more of a parrot; just repeating what you "heard".

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
View attachment 26804

Washington Square Park
I haven't gone fishing, I've been studying and preparing to do more evangelism.

This week end I was arguing with a very bright young man who is starting his career in neuroscience. I was making the case for the existence of the soul since he was studying how chemical reactions produce thoughts.

I used the rules of logic to show him how atheism is irrational.

Law of identity: particles are mindless

Mindless particles cannot produce it's antithesis.

A thing cannot both be mind and not mind.

Without the rules of rational thought I wouldn't do evangelism. Because of the rules of rational thought I became an open theist and a creationist.

Because I have always been an artist I can imagine and draw or paint just about anything. But not everything we can imagine is real or even possible. I can imagine both flat earth and our current model, just as I can imagine evolution and creation, but...

Rational thought is discarded when "everything is God"

Rational thought is discarded when "everything is nature"

Rational thought is discarded when "everything is moving or changing"

--Dave

Dave,

The Earth CANNOT be flat. I have proven it. And I mean that explicitly. I have proven it. I've done so with the clearest and easy to understand logic that anyone could possibly desire or hope for. Indeed, my argument is far more compelling than anything that you rightly cite as 'rational thought' in the above quoted post and yet you remain unconvinced.

Why won't you allow simple logic and junior high school level math to persuade your mind?

Clete

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Since “flat earth” is not my original idea, repeating what they were saying was the point of this tread.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Hedshaker

The flat earth argument has its foundation in the depths of lunacy. There is something a few feet deeper in that lunacy and that is conversing with a lunatic and expecting rati onal thought and reason. I gave up a few years ago, but can't seem to shake the lunatic.

This must give you some idea of how atheists feel when dealing with depths of lunacy. How anyone can see the difference between flat Earth arguments and theistic apologetics is somewhat beyond the pale. To the rational thinker it's like saying.....: my magic is better than your magic :eek: :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.